Turbo Post information/questions about Turbo here!

Boost a D17A2??

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Boost a D17A2??

Here's a little tidbit from a another forum (he's a member here, too) that ran 489whp on a d17a2
Originally Posted by andyman97
Everyone talks about crower's stage I, II, and III cams, which one should I use? Will the car run decent with these cams?
Here are my thoughts on aftermarket cams. On a stock vtec head, I couldn't make more than 260-ish whp. No matter how much boost I threw at it or what I did, the stock cam would not let me get over that mark. I installed a stage III cam and instantly jumped from about 260-335 whp on 18 psi of boost. That's a 75 whp gain from just a cam with springs and retainers. If you want to run a stage II because you think it's more "streetable," I'm sorry but you're mistaken. It's a myth. My car is daily driven and runs as smooth as butter, even at idle and is extremely streetable and fun to drive.

Honestly, why would you want to run a cam that didn't give you the maximum flow benefits, especially if there are zero drawbacks to running it, not to mention, IT COSTS THE SAME AMOUNT!!! My advice to anyone, whether turbo or n/a, if you want max power out of your engine, run the stage III.
Old 07-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.VTEC has a spectacular aura aboutMr.VTEC has a spectacular aura about

Hmmmm....I have some stuff to think about now. lol
Old 08-27-2010
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mr.VTEC
I am thinkin about slappin a turbo on my03 EX. i just have a few questions. Im sure the stock motor can only handle about 10 pounds. But will I run into any problmes if I leave EVERYTHING untouched and just put the turbo kit on?

I mean no tune..iignition....fuel....just a turbo kit. how would that go over?
Tuning & supporting mods will dictate power and reliability.
Old 03-05-2011
Registered!!

pb_boosted_es2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by civic01vtec
Been running 9psi for 6yrs with stock motor and stock injectors. I am using the SF fuel system. Do not waste your money on a CAI or headers if you are gonna turbo, but do get an exhaust. If you go turbo, some rsx injectors and a fuel management system will work great for a mild set-up. Also, do not waste money on a cam. You will also need a set of plugs. I am using Denso IK20's.
How much are you making on 9lbs?
I'm looking to step it up to 9.5lbs sometime soon. I've been on 7.5lbs for a bit now and presently working with a few people in developing a intake manifold for the d17s and get a dyno pull to show the benefits and if all is well and shows potential for a retail value then there'll be something reasonable for us.
Old 05-08-2016
Registered!!

Joe Gallentine is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Mr.VTEC;4478412]I am thinkin about slappin a turbo on my03 EX. i just have a few questions. Im sure the stock motor can only handle about 10 pounds. But will I run into any problmes if I leave EVERYTHING untouched and just put the turbo kit on?

I mean no tune..iignition....fuel....just a turbo kit. how would that go over?[

I know this is old but people still are looking up thread. You can find a y8 manifold. Exhaust manifold. Cat back, intake, RSX injection system and gain a few HP better than nothing. I've hurd with they y8 intake manifold and breathing idems gaining up words to 50hp. I feel a small difference but more sound than anything. It is quicker tho. Just beat the other day a k20z poorly tuned like he was standing still. He didn't believe me I was just running a d17a2 ex se , motor.
Old 03-16-2017
Registered!!

Aye Cesar Cx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr22508
You want performance... With a cold air, cat back, Colder plugs (prefferably ZEX Nitrous plugs), good cometic head gasket and 91 octane you can run a 75 shot of nitrous and be just fine!!! I run it on my daily on a constant!
Will this actually work