Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

My motor build.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
My motor build.

Well I have read that some one you guys dont know what is going on with my car..So here are all the parts i have for the motor build.

Old 07-24-2008
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Re: My motor build.

i dont have pics of the koyo rad.

basicly i have a PNP dezod head, with 1mm overbore valves, vavle springs, retainers, stage 3 cam. and a 5 angle job.

car should be done next week.
Old 07-24-2008
Registered!!

My car on its way to NC from NJ. also pics of my dp and oil pan and a boulder owned me.

Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

looking good steve! sending it to chris' shop in wilmington, nc right? what turbo is that? man I can't wait til i have all of those parts just sitting around!
Old 07-24-2008
Registered!!

yeah its at chris's shop. that is a t61 turbo. i forget the specs of it, i deleted the info..lol
Old 07-24-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

lol oh ok its cool... glad that everything is going good for you so far... GL with the build bro...
Old 07-24-2008
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all

Did you actually let your car ride on wood planks from NJ to NC ??? As soon as that guy showed up to pick up my car I would have sent him away. That is not safe. Look at the cab of the truck below where your car was sitting. He obviously dropped a car on his roof already. EEEEEkkkkkk
Old 07-24-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Woa nice parts lying around, and nice seats
Old 07-24-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

holy shittttt ... ok questions for u to answer

1) Wat clutch are you going to be running
2) is that the dezod race manifold with the t61 turbo?
3)are u sleeving the block?
4)how do u install that oil cooler? is it necessary for big power? i never seen that
5) how much is ur build costing you minus the parts .. like everything from machine shop to labor to tuning ... not parts
Old 07-24-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Honestly....best way to do it IMO........it's done right, the first time, and done completely....tune,engine,oil, & coolant done! & done right for max power. You wont have have the issues the rest of us have had....If I could start over my car over I would do it just the way you did...good job man!

So now we get to see what that head will do with a valve job...wow man! That thing must flow some ****. You ever get it on the flow bench?
Old 07-24-2008
Registered!!

its the dezod head so i'm sure dezod ran it on there flow bench...
Old 07-24-2008
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

this is also going to be a nice setup.nice
parts to build with

hehe he has a blur cam gear for the kpro
Old 07-24-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Only bad thing I see....The Wastegate color....sell it and get a silver or something! I did my bov and wastegate black, both tial....the bov color is still great but the wastegate looks like a prune...it's an ugly *** purple/maroon thing. It really looks weird against my 2kblue jethot manifold. Only thing bad tho

BTW....I know they ran it on a flow bench....heh...look at the picture of it on the flow bench..doh!

Last edited by FoSho; 07-24-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-25-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by familycar
Did you actually let your car ride on wood planks from NJ to NC ??? As soon as that guy showed up to pick up my car I would have sent him away. That is not safe. Look at the cab of the truck below where your car was sitting. He obviously dropped a car on his roof already. EEEEEkkkkkk
lol, the guy told me about that. and honestly, didnt care, thats why i got insurance. the car got there in one piece with no problems. the driver called me to let me know where it stood the day before he dropped it off at the shop. so i wasnt worried.

Originally Posted by Tragedy
Woa nice parts lying around, and nice seats
thanks man!

Originally Posted by emjay
holy shittttt ... ok questions for u to answer

1) Wat clutch are you going to be running
2) is that the dezod race manifold with the t61 turbo?
3)are u sleeving the block?
4)how do u install that oil cooler? is it necessary for big power? i never seen that
5) how much is ur build costing you minus the parts .. like everything from machine shop to labor to tuning ... not parts
1. competition clutch stage 5
2. yes that is a dezod race mani with a t61 turbo.
3. yes i am sleeving the block. i wouldnt have posted them, and if you look in the pic of the spare motor being built youll see them inside the block.
4.i am not sure how to install the oil cooler, im having a shop do the work. necessary yes and no, i just want to make sure i can keep the motor as cool as possible. just to be safe.
5. as for how much the build has cost me, 3k with machining, install, and tune, i think.

Originally Posted by FoSho
Honestly....best way to do it IMO........it's done right, the first time, and done completely....tune,engine,oil, & coolant done! & done right for max power. You wont have have the issues the rest of us have had....If I could start over my car over I would do it just the way you did...good job man!

So now we get to see what that head will do with a valve job...wow man! That thing must flow some ****. You ever get it on the flow bench?
yeah, this has been a project in the making. i started with a dezod turbo kit nov 06. bought parts for all over 07, and here i am today trying to make this happen. i figure there is no way to do it but this way. i was boost before but ran into alot of problems, so i went back to stock, and started all over again.

lol you answered your own question about the flow bench. hope this bitch flows like crazy mang.

Originally Posted by DaRk_MauL
this is also going to be a nice setup.nice
parts to build with

hehe he has a blur cam gear for the kpro
thank you sir! the blue cam gear just happen to end up like that..lol pretty cool. it matches. :woot:

Originally Posted by FoSho
Only bad thing I see....The Wastegate color....sell it and get a silver or something! I did my bov and wastegate black, both tial....the bov color is still great but the wastegate looks like a prune...it's an ugly *** purple/maroon thing. It really looks weird against my 2kblue jethot manifold. Only thing bad tho

BTW....I know they ran it on a flow bench....heh...look at the picture of it on the flow bench..doh!
yeah the one thing that pisses me off is that i got a black wastegate, and a polished BOV. i like the black WG, id like to get a black BOV. but at this point, i want my car done. so maybe down the road ill pick up another one. but i hear ya man!

thank you for all the comments!!!
Old 07-25-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

**** man good for u .. ur doing this sooo proper .. 3k for build machine and tune ???

here its 2 grand alone to sleeve the block ... damn man ..
Old 07-25-2008
Registered!!

yeah, they are treating me good. it might cost a lil more b.c im going with stainless braided lines for the all that i need. vac, etc.

wellt he machine cost 1200 for the block to get milled, sleeved, etc. and the rest is for the car to get tuned and installed.
Old 07-25-2008
Registered!!

and u have to pay for swap in and out of the car ...
Old 07-25-2008
Registered!!

but why would u sleeve it ? ... andyman is running almost 500 with no problems .. i heard its jus for ur insurance , and u don't even need it
Old 07-25-2008
Registered!!

and u have to pay for swap in and out of the car ...
but why would u sleeve it ? ... andyman is running almost 500 with no problems .. i heard its jus for ur insurance , and u don't even need it
everything is included in the 3k. why am i sleeving b.c i can..lol i know what andy has, and what he doesnt. but i dont care. i want the insurance. they were cheap, so why not. if i can put out 10k for all this ****, then why not add a lil more insurance. and as far as sleeved they wouldnt make then if they didnt do anything.
Old 07-25-2008
Registered!!

BRO UR SETUP IS KILLLLLLLER +1 +1 +1 good jobbbbb
Old 07-25-2008
Registered!!

i have EVERYTHING u have minus the sleeves and oil cooler in my bedroom

im gona make a thread in a week or so
Old 07-25-2008
Registered!!

ahad_civic is an unknown quantity at this point

@exturbo6, the sickest build on any civic forum, period. good luck bro! i hope to have such a setup someday

@emjay, kinda off topic, but remember on ur topic relating to "random porblems"? u asked me why and how i blew my engine up? forogt answering that, but yah the cars tune was perfect, and everything was in the right place, no issues relating to the turbo, car, or power produced...the thing that happened was that i had this jack *** who worked for me for transportation, that lil son of a **** didnt even ask me and filled up my car, with the WRONG fuel! i mean whats happening here?!?!? so turns out he filled the unleaded fuel instead of the 93 octane, i didnt know and took a ride in it later on, gave it boost for a while, it ran like sex in a hotel room with a blonde and rock metal playing in the background...anywyas, it pulls in the first gear, before u knw it the gear locks, throw it into second, constant torque steer and wheelspin, change to third gear, throws me bak into the seat, throw in the 4th, keeps going, goes into fifth, ok here it comes, hold on to...whatever is next to u, the boost is building and comes the rpm to 5000 rpm, and brkshspshsh baaaaaaam (downgrading sound) no boost, nothing.... smoke everywhere behind me
....and there u hav it, another blown motor after only 2 DAYS of getting it bk from the shop
Old 07-25-2008
Registered!!

yah but i have 94 octane in there all the time
Old 07-25-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

i have EVERYTHING u have minus the sleeves and oil cooler in my bedroom

im gona make a thread in a week or so
wow, the forums are pumped full of build threads lately. This is awesome
Old 07-25-2008
Registered!!

ahad_civic is an unknown quantity at this point

@emjay, yah well thats wt im saying, we're supposd to octane in it the whole time, bad luck struk and this time i didnt

builds are growing day by day in the d17 community, great to see that!
Old 07-25-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ahad_civic
@exturbo6, the sickest build on any civic forum, period. good luck bro! i hope to have such a setup someday
nothing against steve and his build but you obviously missed andy's build... thats truly the sickest build!!
Old 07-25-2008
Registered!!

thanks for all the comments!

yeah i wouldnt say i have the sickest build..lol its not done yet.
Old 07-25-2008
Registered!!

but steve i can say its one of the sickest...in the process of being built and definitely doing it the right way if you don't know what you're doing like me... BUT, i may still go ahead and do it myself but we'll see when the time comes....
Old 07-26-2008
Registered!!

Hey GUys 41 will become famous soon enough

YOur oil cooler will be a problem, it may infact cool the oil too much. it looks just like a radiator with no thermostat or anything for opening/closing to regulate the temperature of the oil.