Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

K-ECU wire up. Need Help!! (images)

Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kore is an unknown quantity at this point
K-ECU wire up. Need Help!! (images)

I got a problem. My ECU already has K-pro intalled and wired up (hybrid racing harness), i went to upload the parameters, then it looks like it trying and then i get an error message saying "Upload Failed".

Quick Note: The engine starts right up, but i think is because before i did the swap i had a remote ignition started installed and the imobilizer was by-passed.

I called Hondata tech support and they said that the k-pro circuit board my be damanged, which i was like DAMN IT, i just paid over a grand and **** is not even working!!?? Anyways they said i have to pay more money to have them check it and to replace it is like 300 bucks, 100 to check it. Before i send anything to them i want to make sure my wiring is correct.

Anyone that has done the swap or at least wired up a K-ECU please help!!

Hyrbrid Racing Harness Wire up, by me

1. Yellow Wire - I connected the yellow wire to a white wire on the left side of the passenger side (see above) this is suppose to be KEY ON wire. I was told by some one on the boards that white was kEY ON.

2. BLack - wire was already connected.

3. White Wire - Needed to be connected to the number 8 pin, you can see it on the picture that it is.

4. Blue Wire - The instructions from hybrid said that the RED wire needs to be connected to a 12V Constant. There was no red whire so im assuming they ran out of color wire and used Blue cuz that's the last wire that was left.
I connected that wire to the Cigarett Lighter
Old 03-27-2008

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
Re: K-ECU wire up. Need Help!! (images)

the wires u connected has is for the o2 sensor.. nothing to do with the uploading failed... did u try uploading with the key turned to "ON"???.. turn the car on but dont start it... try uploading again.. if not trying dowloading... if u have kpro properly running it will say on the bottom left of the k-manager screen "ignition on".. make sure u see that... do you have more than one usb port on ur laptop??.. try using different ports... if not try upgrading ur k-manager ot the newest version