Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

am i just lucky....

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boosted1.7?? is an unknown quantity at this point
am i just lucky....

hey everyone so i have been reading a few of the recent threads and its starting to make me a little concerned! I have an 01 dx thats been turboed for a little over a year now. im running up to 10 psi at the track 7 or 8 as a daily driver with no problems. I have NOT had a tune or anything i recently did "blow" a h/g but thats because i tried to turn the boost to 10 lbs but on the high way it spiked to 14 and i started to notice signs of blown h/g. but i redid the h/g and besides that i have had no problems. the only fuel system i have is the SF fuel system which aparently is no good basicly just an fmu with an external fuel pump. i wanted to do some bigger injectors and tune an all that but from what i have been seeing that has only been creating problems that i don't want... i still want to make some more power but at this point i want to make sure i do it right the first time , i kinda just through a turbo on a stock base model civic and had no clue what i was doing and guess i got lucky but i don't want to risk that again from what i have read. so what should i do.... thanks any little input or help to get me some more power with out creating a catastrophy would be great
Old 08-04-2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Re: am i just lucky....

Originally Posted by boosted1.7??
hey everyone so i have been reading a few of the recent threads and its starting to make me a little concerned! I have an 01 dx thats been turboed for a little over a year now. im running up to 10 psi at the track 7 or 8 as a daily driver with no problems. I have NOT had a tune or anything i recently did "blow" a h/g but thats because i tried to turn the boost to 10 lbs but on the high way it spiked to 14 and i started to notice signs of blown h/g. but i redid the h/g and besides that i have had no problems. the only fuel system i have is the SF fuel system which aparently is no good basicly just an fmu with an external fuel pump. i wanted to do some bigger injectors and tune an all that but from what i have been seeing that has only been creating problems that i don't want... i still want to make some more power but at this point i want to make sure i do it right the first time , i kinda just through a turbo on a stock base model civic and had no clue what i was doing and guess i got lucky but i don't want to risk that again from what i have read. so what should i do.... thanks any little input or help to get me some more power with out creating a catastrophy would be great
The best thing you can do right of the bat is to invest on a stand alone and work from there.
Any other mods you may add in the future such injectors, fuel return, manifolds will be better tuned if you have a good computer to work with to manipulate timing and air/fuel settings.