Engine Management Post information/questions about Engine Management here! It's especially important for Forced Induction (Turbo and SuperCharging) and Engine swaps! What destroys engines are fuel management!

New AEM Piggyback (Seems VERY promising)

Old 07-18-2007
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New AEM Piggyback (Seems VERY promising)

hmmm hopefully this gets solved in the near future, i called the shop that will be tuning my car and he told me if i wanted i could bring my laptop too so i can keep everything on my computer, so what will be needed to datalog them to my laptop.
Old 07-18-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on what parameters you want to log. The software used to log has to be compatible with the sensors you want to use. If you want to log your afr's, you need software and a wideband sensor that are compatible with eachother. As of now, with an aem uego and fic, you won't be able to log your afr's.
Old 07-18-2007

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

Yea that's the setup i have, AEM UEGO and AEM F/IC. wellllll pisssss lol. AEM should hurry up and get this going.
Old 07-18-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by andyman97
That's a shock to hear. I figured that would have been a major selling point. That's a necessity when tuning, unless you want to use a dyno's probe a/f sensor or the tuner has an FJO or something similar.

99/100 dynos I have been to that have a WB O2 have datalogging capability. So no fret there.
Old 07-18-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

^Yeah, just depends on the tuner. I think that, depending on the dyno (I know at least dynojet), the wideband for the tailpipe is an option. Tony and Jason (two tuners in Texas) used FJO's for tuning and they had the software to datalog it on their laptops, so it didn't read out on the winpep software.

But its nice to have the capability if you notice any lean conditions after the fact and try to diagnose them, you can't view a log of your afr value.
Old 07-19-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

hows the testing going on the D17 with this? Thinking very hard about getting one this week from Dezod if A) you have one in stock B) you think its going to work great
Old 07-19-2007
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light

There is no testing needed. It works with d17. I've bought one from Dezod last week along with PnP harness.
It's arrived and its on the car, running fine.
Old 07-20-2007

did you tune it yourself? ^ just wondering how involved it is to tune, i'm getting ready to buy, just wondered if i could get a base map on it so i can drive it to get tuned.
Old 07-20-2007
Turbo Guru

This works the same way as a stock computer does. Basically, if you plug it in and power it on without making changes, there shouldn't be anything to change, it should run like stock.
Old 07-20-2007

That's good news, someone said you just tell it like -64% (example) and it will adjust for the injectors.
Old 07-23-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

purchased the unit earlier today so hopefully I'll get it by Thursday...can't wait to replace my TSI fuel system!
Old 07-23-2007
Turbo Guru

It all depends on what you change when you install it....
Old 07-25-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Well we have healthy stock of these bad boys back on the shelf.
Old 04-20-2017
Registered!!

5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough

Back up. How have these things been treating people. Considering using an FIC since they can be had for cheap now. How does it work with cat removal or rear o2 removal? will that require an O2 simulator/MIL eliminator or does the FIC have that built in? Okay for stock D17A2's with a little boost? no long term issues for people?