Engine Management Post information/questions about Engine Management here! It's especially important for Forced Induction (Turbo and SuperCharging) and Engine swaps! What destroys engines are fuel management!

New AEM Piggyback (Seems VERY promising)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New AEM Piggyback (Seems VERY promising)

Damn man, this thing is awesome, and the partial throttle response that has caused so much trouble seems to go away.

Also found this little note.

Modern ECU's stay in closed loop at partial throttle and that can cause the problem you are noting. This is also present on turbocharged cars at very light boost on the highway. The factory tries to control to 14.7:1 AFR but the engine is under pressure so it should be run richer. Simply adding fuel wont work as the closed loop feedback from the O2 sensor will remove the fuel and store the correction in it's long term trims. Basically, the newer the car, the bigger the problem as threy stay in feedback under higher and higher loads.

The F/IC has the ability to Skew the O2 sensors. We dont intercept them, we tap into them and bias the signal to force the ecu to add (or remove) fuel. Since this allows the engine to still operate in closed loop, you are having the ECU do the work for you. The ECU increases the pulsewidth to add the fuel itself.
Old 06-15-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

Wo^ how did you get one???^
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

DelSolid is an unknown quantity at this point

An updated F/IC wiring diagram for the 7th gen has been posted on the AEM forum. A resistor has been added inline with the O2 sensor for better AFR spoofing.

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...c,20029.0.html

Last edited by DelSolid; 06-15-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-15-2007

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

That's what i just posted lol on page 4. lol good looking out though DelSolid
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by drew22mader
That's what i just posted lol on page 4. lol good looking out though DelSolid
no, the one you posted is the old one. the new one has a 20K resistor in the O2 signal line.
Old 06-15-2007

ah ok, i just got it yesterday and i wasn't aware they updated since yesterday, good looking out!!!
Old 06-15-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

This is all very exciting stuff. I'm really glad AEM is out there keepin it real!

Yo Dezod,
Are you thinking about offering this in your kit instead of the standalone EMS?
Old 06-15-2007

i'm sure it will just be another option on the drop down menu for EMS's in the S1 kit. the S2 kit is big dawg kit and runs the AEM Standalone.
Old 06-15-2007
Registered!!

ah ok, i just got it yesterday and i wasn't aware they updated since yesterday, good looking out!!!
I had just posted the new one when I saw the your post here with the old one not 5 minutes earlier.
Old 06-18-2007

When will the plug and play be available to us? I want to pick that up and get this thing. Just Need my Race Manifold and the AEM F/IC and i'm good to go.
Old 06-18-2007

w00t! pNp harness is now available!
Old 06-18-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

lol nice drew, u want a cookie.
Old 06-20-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Yeah Drew. EL manis are being worked on as I type this.
Old 06-20-2007
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Red face Re: New AEM Piggyback (Seems VERY promising)

w00t! pNp harness is now available!
For d17a2? Where?
Cant see none at either Dezod nor at AEM.
Old 06-20-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

go to boomslang's website.. they got it there.. i was thinking the same thing (about going to dezod's site) when i saw the PnP harness, then i remembered about boomslang.. its $209 shipped
Old 06-24-2007
Registered!!

geeno53 is an unknown quantity at this point

im about to turbo my d17...making sure to get this right...i will need the unit and the harness to hook to my 02 civic??
Old 06-24-2007
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

if you guys havent found somewhere to buys these at JRPonline has them just an fyi
Old 06-24-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

cheapest place i found it is at jegs.. and last i saw, they still offer free shipping.. it's 409 at dezod and 397.99 at jegs

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_874633_-1
Old 06-24-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
it's 409 at dezod
Remember, you get $10 off for ordering online.
Old 06-25-2007
Registered!!

geeno53 is an unknown quantity at this point

does jegs sell the harness that is needed or will i have to get that separately
Old 06-25-2007

you will have to either order it from boomslang or dezod.
Old 06-25-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy it from Dezod. If you sweet talk Paul, he may throw in a Dezod sticker.....
Old 06-25-2007

Def buy from Dezod, support your sponsors on here guys.
Old 06-28-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

^yeah bump for that!
Old 07-08-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Well we have some F/ICs coming into stock. We have been blowing threw these things like crazy....
Old 07-17-2007

Can you plug the AEM UEGO into the AEM F/IC and log the A/F on to the computer?
Old 07-17-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Can you plug the AEM UEGO into the AEM F/IC and log the A/F on to the computer?
No sir. Not yet. AEM is working on some stuff like that.
Old 07-17-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Really? You can't datalog afr's with it? Good info to know...
Old 07-17-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by andyman97
Really? You can't datalog afr's with it? Good info to know...
Supposedly all of the hardware is in place, but they need to make some software changes to get the logging aspect.
Old 07-17-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a shock to hear. I figured that would have been a major selling point. That's a necessity when tuning, unless you want to use a dyno's probe a/f sensor or the tuner has an FJO or something similar.

Quick Reply: New AEM Piggyback (Seems VERY promising)