Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

K Pro D17 turbo test car

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
K Pro D17 turbo test car

Well, I've worked it out with one of the guys at Hondata for a d17 K Pro. They needed a turbo car for a turbo basemap and that turbo car happened to end up being mine. I plan to tune sometime next week, maybe monday or tuesday. I will post up info on it when its in and done.
Old 03-20-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
cool, cant wait til then
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
they doin it for free?
Old 03-20-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
No, don't you know nothing in life is free
Old 03-20-2007
i love my morreale

eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light
subscrubed for results
Old 03-20-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
Why? Any particular reason you decided to go Kpro vs AEM?
Old 03-20-2007
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
Good news. I already have the k-pro, just gotta get the cam wheel.
Old 03-20-2007
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold
Re: K Pro D17 turbo test car

Subscribed for results.
Old 03-20-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

cool!
Old 03-20-2007
Turbo Guru

Any reason? I personally prefer to use a Honda ECU. The AEM is great, but a Honda ecu was specifically designed by the same people that designed the car, the engineering is not as generic. Just my personal opinion.
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

so interesting it is...GL
Old 03-20-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Hm..subscribed
Old 03-21-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad to hear they're doing this for you. hondata is a respectable company which I would like to also take part in. But I no have turbo. So me car slow.
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Most people just prefer hondata over AEM because its just more popular. There a lot more tuners out there that know how to tune a hondata product then AEM. Both are great products though, I believe is just mainly preference.
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough

subscribed
Old 03-21-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
Most people just prefer hondata over AEM because its just more popular. There a lot more tuners out there that know how to tune a hondata product then AEM. Both are great products though, I believe is just mainly preference.
LOL nah its just more user friendly! LOL OMG i tried doing simple things with the AEM software and good gravy, its insane! and if you dont trust me go download both programs a just take a peek you will see what im talking about. Not to mention hondata give you more options later on that the AEM doesnt.
Old 03-28-2007
Turbo Guru

Well, I will agree. Hondata is alot more user friendly. But I think the aem has more versatility. The beauty of the aem is that you can run any setup with any sensors that you want. With the kpro you're a little more limited. For instance, I was all setup on the aem running a gm intake temp sensor with threads and I was good to go. Kpro requires a Honda sensor, so I have to revert back to my oem sensor. Not a big deal, just a little inconvenient.
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i was considering emanage and rsx injectors for my kit when it arrives. should i hold out for the k-pro and rsx injectors? i'm new to the boost business, but i've been doing a bit of reading this past week...
Old 03-28-2007
Turbo Guru

YES. Either kpro or aem ems. Standalone, whatever way you go. You want max power and reliability, the best engine management is key.
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

hmmm....guess i got some more reading to do. i can spend around 500 now for the emanage/harness and injectors or wait for K-pro. any ideas on when it'll be available? the turbo is in the mail and i should get it this weekend. i can dd my truck so i'm not worried about parking the vic for a couple weeks if i need to...
Old 03-29-2007
Turbo Guru

K Pro is available now. Go to www.hondata.com and check out their dealer list. Contact them and let them know you're interested, they should be able to make it happen. If they are dumbfounded and have no idea what you're talking about, tell them, yes, there is a d17 kpro and it uses a special cam gear hondata supplies, they can contact hondata about it directly (which they'll need to anyways) to learn more about it.

I would say stay away from emanage if you can help it. Which would you rather have, filet mignon or chuck steak? lol
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

hmm...since you put it like that....there's a dealer/tuner not far from me too, but i'd have to tow the car there.
Old 03-29-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice

haha, your a mod? I can see it now, dumb comments = BAN!

Nice.
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

oh cool, i didn't even notice....a useful/knowledgeable mod, it's about time
Old 03-29-2007
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

What? A mod that posts!?!?!

Sweet.

/offtopic
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

gmag21 will become famous soon enoughgmag21 will become famous soon enough

oh sweet
Old 03-29-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

When did andy become a Mod? lol
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

civ_nate is an unknown quantity at this point

howz it goin neways?
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

so did they do the basemap tune yet?
Old 03-29-2007
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
hmm...since you put it like that....there's a dealer/tuner not far from me too, but i'd have to tow the car there.
Nah, you don't have to tow the car. That's the real beauty of k pro. They give you basemaps that WILL actually run your car. You can install it and drive to have it tuned or drive it as is and have it installed at the shop. But you will be charged for install.

Nah, the first dumb comment is a freebie. But for the newbs that post a million threads with a million already answered topics will = teh ban, lol. nah, not really.

I'm not the only knowledgeable mod that posts. Boilermaker does, so do robbclark and skip barber. There are alot of mods that know their stuff and post alot.

Last edited by andyman97; 03-29-2007 at 05:34 PM.

Quick Reply: K Pro D17 turbo test car