Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

what size injectors are you running? (boosted)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
what size injectors are you running? (boosted)

ok so i was told i bought 310cc k series injectors. so i put in emanage the corretion factor and we go out tuning, t25 turbo. and the guy says around 8psi it starts to run lean and the injectors are maxxed out. i know plenty of you guys are running these on more psi arent you? do you know what ur a/f was like past that psi?

im thinking maybe i have 270cc k injectors(reasons supporting are below) and maybe its leaning out cus of that? thinking that its got 310cc it opens the injector to 100% duty, but its only 270 so maybe its not adding as much fuel?

reasons i am thinking this is because out of boost, where the tune isnt changing fuel just the correction factor.... the stock ecu is setting short term fuel trim to -21% on average, thats alot. and, while its pulling that much trim, its still sending me codes saying system too rich.

everytime i think about this i convince myself its one way, then think about it again and think it could be the other way and convince myself of that, so any help and input is appreciated as usual thank you.
Old 05-10-2006
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
ok so i was told i bought 310cc k series injectors. so i put in emanage the corretion factor and we go out tuning, t25 turbo. and the guy says around 8psi it starts to run lean and the injectors are maxxed out. i know plenty of you guys are running these on more psi arent you? do you know what ur a/f was like past that psi?

im thinking maybe i have 270cc k injectors(reasons supporting are below) and maybe its leaning out cus of that? thinking that its got 310cc it opens the injector to 100% duty, but its only 270 so maybe its not adding as much fuel?

reasons i am thinking this is because out of boost, where the tune isnt changing fuel just the correction factor.... the stock ecu is setting short term fuel trim to -21% on average, thats alot. and, while its pulling that much trim, its still sending me codes saying system too rich.

everytime i think about this i convince myself its one way, then think about it again and think it could be the other way and convince myself of that, so any help and input is appreciated as usual thank you.
If im understanding correctly it sounds like your running to rich, and the cars ECU is pulling fuel out

Turboengnr made a good thread on this .... http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247129

On mine depending on what part of the fuel map and such i average less than 5%+- on short term trim. I need to still work on my fuel map a bit on its less than 20% TPS and low RPMS between 2000-3000 rpm. After im crusing on the freeway for a few miles then exit and come to a stop light the thing almost wants to die because the e-manage is adding some fuel when i need to have it NOT be. and then the cars ECU is pulling fuel to bring it to 14.7:1 then i come to a stop then all the sudden im 18:1 AFR at idle and about to stall Need to find one of those roundtoits and fix that

also What correction maps are you using on the e-manage?

Last edited by tfnaaf; 05-10-2006 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

03EXD17 is an unknown quantity at this point
550cc RC injectors -AEM EMS-
Old 05-11-2006

im not tuning off tps, tuning off relative pressure using greddy's optional boost sensor. and yes im running rich, your problem is your running lean...18:1 is very lean, in fact 18.5:1 is the line of threshold for gas.
Old 05-11-2006
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
under boost, i would never go leaner than ~12.5

im using 4 230cc injectors, AND 4 690cc injectors. So i guess u could say im using 920cc per cylinder
Old 05-11-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by turboengnr
under boost, i would never go leaner than ~12.5

im using 4 230cc injectors, AND 4 690cc injectors. So i guess u could say im using 920cc per cylinder
You and your crazy configurations lol... Im just running RC 650 sl4's. with an 11.5 AF mix. But thats on a SC'ed K20 sooo
Old 05-11-2006

i think im going to buy the split second esc1, that seems like it would help.
i drove around today with my scan tool on, short term fuel trim goes from -10% to about -40% so this split second esc1 should really help. then i will probably have the guy retune it to 10 psi, cus i figure if the ecu is pulling 40 percent while the emanage is adding 70 percent, than its only 30 percent added correct? so the injectors arent too small, the ecu is just taking away what i add.
????

i think im going to get the SPLIT SECOND ESC1.
the ecu is taking away anywhere from -10% to -40% and i figure, if the emanage is trying to add 70 percent, and the ecu is taking away 40 percent, than only 30 is being added, thus being the reason he thinks the injectors are too small. cus i mean wasnt supermex using these injectors up to 300 hp....this must be my problem then. so the esc1 blocks the 02 under boost, making it open loop, so that will fix my problem a lil more right?
if so ill get that, install it. and have hime tune it to 10 psi or more.

Last edited by ncirom2003; 05-11-2006 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-11-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
im not tuning off tps, tuning off relative pressure using greddy's optional boost sensor. and yes im running rich, your problem is your running lean...18:1 is very lean, in fact 18.5:1 is the line of threshold for gas.
No im actually running rich at cruise on the freeway, then when it comes back down to idle at a stop is when it goes WAAAAAY lean because the ECU adjusted the fuel curve to compensate for the richness at cruise at low RPM. I've just been to lazy to do anything about it Under boost the leanest i go is about 12.5, but at WOT its closer to 12.0

i think im going to buy the split second esc1, that seems like it would help.
i drove around today with my scan tool on, short term fuel trim goes from -10% to about -40% so this split second esc1 should really help. then i will probably have the guy retune it to 10 psi, cus i figure if the ecu is pulling 40 percent while the emanage is adding 70 percent, than its only 30 percent added correct? so the injectors arent too small, the ecu is just taking away what i add.
????

i think im going to get the SPLIT SECOND ESC1.
the ecu is taking away anywhere from -10% to -40% and i figure, if the emanage is trying to add 70 percent, and the ecu is taking away 40 percent, than only 30 is being added, thus being the reason he thinks the injectors are too small. cus i mean wasnt supermex using these injectors up to 300 hp....this must be my problem then. so the esc1 blocks the 02 under boost, making it open loop, so that will fix my problem a lil more right?
if so ill get that, install it. and have hime tune it to 10 psi or more.
the ESC1 only will make a difference under boost. So if your having issues during cruise it wont help

Last edited by tfnaaf; 05-11-2006 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-11-2006

no real issues during cruise, i mean i get the system too rich code then but i dont give a ****, ill take out some fuel in the the lower rpm's and vacuum areas.
Old 05-11-2006
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
25,000 miles and still running stockies
Old 05-12-2006

boosted? to what psi? more info.
Old 05-12-2006
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
^^ using the SF fuel system.

It raises fuel pressure to add more fuel. No need for larger injectors.
Old 05-12-2006
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all

I had ALOT of CELs (system to rich) with the emanage correction at 310=240 as people say it should be. Had my injectors flow tested and they were all between 328-332 cc.
Set the injector correction to 340=240 and havent had a cel in months!!

You gotta find the right injector correction feature combo or you gonna keep getting the engine light
Old 05-12-2006

Originally Posted by DIZZLE
I had ALOT of CELs (system to rich) with the emanage correction at 310=240 as people say it should be. Had my injectors flow tested and they were all between 328-332 cc.
Set the injector correction to 340=240 and havent had a cel in months!!

You gotta find the right injector correction feature combo or you gonna keep getting the engine light
ill try that, but the cel's arent my main concern. i want to be able to use the injectors to their potential so im pretty sure ill have to get the esc1 as my only option.
Old 05-12-2006
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
i think im goign to get some 1600cc's
Old 05-12-2006

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all

You need to got to another tuner.
He should of tried the 210/270 injector correction, is probably the easiest of tuning task.
Old 05-13-2006

well he is a good tuner, does some insane cars but he did me a favor cus he doesnt normally like to tune piggybacks.

im not sure if trying the 210/270 correction will even work, i was just suggesting the possibility, do you think it will?

oh and you were running the rsx 310cc injectors even when you hit 300whp right?
Old 05-15-2006

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
E- manage is a pain to fine tune in our Civics but is possible, if some one familiar and certified by Greddy do it.
Old 05-15-2006

yea im strongly considering a new tuner now just to get another opinion on the situation with the injectors cus i dont feel like modding any more to fit bigger injectors.
is there a site that lists greddy certified people? i just searched and couldnt find anything
Old 05-15-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
I'm running 310cc RSX injectors + emanage. i tried using 240 -> 310 and that made me run hella lean.. so i put it 0 -> 0 and its alot better. that thing is kinda buggy sometimes.