Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

E-manage interface USB?

Old 03-10-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
E-manage interface USB?

I got my e-manage in yesterday. And the only thing i don't have is the interface and support tool. Is the interface just a USB cable? and if so can somebody sell me a burnt copy of the support tool? I'm trying to get my car tunned and ready by next saturday which is first open test and tune day here.
Old 03-10-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
You need a serial-to-usb cable.. Like this one..

I can get you a copy of the support tool. If you got a good connection we can hook up on AIM and I'll transfer it to you directly.
Old 03-10-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
wow 8 views and nobody knows if its just a USB interface? usually i wouldn't be so pushy on the bump but im at work and after today im off till tuesday, and my home computer is dead till my new power supply comes in tuesday.

thanks im gonna go order that here in a few minutes and i would do instant messenger but none here at work. any possible way i can just get somebody to mail me a burnt copy of the CD i'll send them paypal right now.

Last edited by ajhdragon; 03-10-2006 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-10-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
? missed my response?
Old 03-10-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

Originally Posted by XSRCivic
? missed my response?
sorry probably writing it while you were posting.
Old 03-10-2006
Premium Member

yeah, as i said, I can get you the support tool software. I got .pdfs for the manuals for emanage/support tool too if needed. I just remembered that my support tool disc is in my laptop bag which is in my car at Honda (getting worked on) so I wont be able to get that for you today.
Old 03-10-2006
Boost is so good make you wanna slap ya mamma

red_sun is on a distinguished road
I have version 1.11 of the support tool i can send you on AIM if you want. Sorry I re-read your post you said you can't go on IM.

Last edited by red_sun; 03-10-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-10-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

man like I said I would but no access to aim or any kind of service like that until maybe tuesday probably wensday. but $10 paypal to the first person to send me the burnt CD cause im trying to get this all done by tuesday or wensday.
Old 03-10-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
The CD is worthless without the cable that comes in the support tool

This is what it comes with:
Old 03-10-2006

Can you download it from a website if I upload it somewhere?
Old 03-10-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
You can not just use a USB to USB, you may fry the e-manage. You need the 'special' GReddy cable.
Old 03-10-2006
Premium Member

Yea, don't use a usb to usb. The 'special' greddy cable is mearly a serial to usb cable.. nothing special about it. Radioshack will be able to supply you with one.
Old 03-10-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Yea, don't use a usb to usb. The 'special' greddy cable is mearly a serial to usb cable.. nothing special about it. Radioshack will be able to supply you with one.
I am not so sure. Have you tried it yourself? I don't hhim to have to spend all this time and $$ and then still be back at square one without a solution.

I have heard people having communication problems using the non-Greddy cables.

Last edited by dezod; 03-10-2006 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-10-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

hey dezod do you sell the support too land CD and how much if so? and yeah i can DL it if somebody can get it up on a website.

Last edited by ajhdragon; 03-10-2006 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-10-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
hey dezod do you sell the support too land CD and how much if so? and yeah i can DL it if somebody can get it up on a website.
We do, but it has been back ordered since 12/05
Old 03-10-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ok thanks i just Downloaded the support tool from red_sun, and im gonan see about useing a USB to serial cable, thanks for the pictures that gives me something to look atwhen figuering out if one will work.
Old 03-10-2006

I hope i zipped everything right you might want to make sure everything works.
Old 03-10-2006
The wheel is turning...but the hamster is dead

ShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to all
here....this guy makes them for $50 shipped...thats where I got mine
http://www.geocities.com/gilligan_rocks/
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

asian relic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Lemme know how the cable thing worked if just a regular serial cable to USB from compUSA or Frys works. Cause I don't have mine either.

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
ok thanks i just Downloaded the support tool from red_sun, and im gonan see about useing a USB to serial cable, thanks for the pictures that gives me something to look atwhen figuering out if one will work.
Old 03-14-2006
The wheel is turning...but the hamster is dead

ShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to all
Originally Posted by asian relic
Lemme know how the cable thing worked if just a regular serial cable to USB from compUSA or Frys works. Cause I don't have mine either.
Did you not read any of the of posts in this thread? Its not a regular serial to USB cable! Greddy isnt that dumb!
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

Wow!

I pretty much think, what you said was retarded and uncalled for, don't you think? C'mon man. I did read prior post and it said that someone was going to try the serial cable to usb connection. Why can't I ask for his opinion and how it went? Is that wrong? I though I might get some insightfull opinions her not flaming, I just have to say wow!

If you'd like I can also give you prior seaches I've done over the internet.
http://drizze99.conforums3.com/index...num=1118799710
If you'd like I can cite than in APA format or MLA format what would you like?

Because apparently, there are a lot of interfaces within computers that work together, even Apple and IBM. Many thought that would never happen. C'mon...I just want to get information. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it.

Geez....

Originally Posted by ShoelessEX
Did you not read any of the of posts in this thread? Its not a regular serial to USB cable! Greddy isnt that dumb!
Old 03-14-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

Well I conctated Greddy and they said that a regular USB to Serial cable would not work and that there is infact a back order on the cable just as Dezod said, so I would have to wait anywhere between 4-6 weeks. So I orderd the clone cable. I'll let everybody knows how it goes when it gets here.
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

Cool. Thanks. Did they mention how much it would cost, just for the cable?
Old 03-14-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

I didn't ask but they did give me the part number. you have ot pay for the support tool and cable because it is a package deal. But i would venture ot say anywhere between $70-$90 because its greddy and your paying for a name.
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

cool
Old 03-14-2006
7thgen Power Maker

I heard mixed reviews bout the clone cable working.
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

Thanks for the heads up Dezod.
Old 03-17-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Welcome.

FYI: Supposedly this place has the support tool in stock:

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/ind...20Programmers: