Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Nitrous dyno numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nismo240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Nitrous dyno numbers?

Whats up everyone? I'm new here and i've been thinking of selling my Spec V. I've had nothing but problems outa it, and i've been dying to get a Honda for some while. I've talked to a few used car dealers and they're willing to trade a 01-03 EX 5spd with a couple grand to boot for my Spec V. That'll be great, i'll loose all my problems with the spec and have some money for tunning that EM. i'm thinking i'll keep it clean, maybe some rota slipstreams, tein s-techs, drop in the k&n filter, some cheap ebay header with heat wrap, paint the vavle cover, ek9 side markers, front lip, and a wet zex nitrous kit with all the hoses wrapped in black wire loom and the zex box hidden. A couple of steps colder plugs, and a little retard in timming and i'd spray a 75 shot. I say that what i'll do with the spare cash i'd get from trading. Now what i'm looking to do is hit around the 200whp mark. i may throw in a clutch and flywheel combo, possibly pulleys and a cam gear... but i'm not going to even consider trading unless this is possible. i'm not fimilar with d17's at all... i've always been around b series and h series motors... i don't want boost, thats what my sr powered 240 is for. all i want outa a EM if i trade for one is to beat my friends JDM fronted B18c5 powered teg. i wouldn't mind spending about $200-300 for a phatom grip lsd either. damn, sorry for the long post, but getting kinda excited of possibly owning a Honda. What my main concern is anyone have about the same mods and dyno numbers? Thanks.
Old 10-24-2005
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Nismo240sx
Whats up everyone? I'm new here and i've been thinking of selling my Spec V. I've had nothing but problems outa it, and i've been dying to get a Honda for some while. I've talked to a few used car dealers and they're willing to trade a 01-03 EX 5spd with a couple grand to boot for my Spec V. That'll be great, i'll loose all my problems with the spec and have some money for tunning that EM. i'm thinking i'll keep it clean, maybe some rota slipstreams, tein s-techs, drop in the k&n filter, some cheap ebay header with heat wrap, paint the vavle cover, ek9 side markers, front lip, and a wet zex nitrous kit with all the hoses wrapped in black wire loom and the zex box hidden. A couple of steps colder plugs, and a little retard in timming and i'd spray a 75 shot. I say that what i'll do with the spare cash i'd get from trading. Now what i'm looking to do is hit around the 200whp mark. i may throw in a clutch and flywheel combo, possibly pulleys and a cam gear... but i'm not going to even consider trading unless this is possible. i'm not fimilar with d17's at all... i've always been around b series and h series motors... i don't want boost, thats what my sr powered 240 is for. all i want outa a EM if i trade for one is to beat my friends JDM fronted B18c5 powered teg. i wouldn't mind spending about $200-300 for a phatom grip lsd either. damn, sorry for the long post, but getting kinda excited of possibly owning a Honda. What my main concern is anyone have about the same mods and dyno numbers? Thanks.

good luck luck trying to hit the 200whp mark on our d17's... there are a couple guys that have built their motors and ran mid 14's on nitrous... i still haven't heard anyone run anything lower than that... it's not immpossible, it'll just take more than a 75 shot and stock motor to run 200whp+...

Off topic: i noticed on your sig that you have a 1990 240sx... did you get the coupe or hatch? I also noticed that you have the s15 front end on it. Do you have any pictures? How is the SSautochrome manifold working out for you? I have heard really shitty things about that company and the cracking manifolds that they produce.
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

Nismo240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
i have hatch. manifold has held up great... ssautochrome claims for it to be lifetime warranty, so even if it breaks... they'll replace it. their fmic for the sr is crazy. its mild steel, all polished and the intercooler core is crazy thick! only pics i have of it is when i just finsihed conversion, with the un painted bumper, cf hood on, lights in, and fenders not bolted. car is going flat black with the factory gloss trim this week. i'll post pics then.

back to the topic... so a bolted d17(intake, header, exhaust, cam gear, underdrive pulley, vafcII, and a 75 shot wouldn't push the car into the mid 14s?
Old 10-24-2005
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^that is possibly right
Old 10-24-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
wait for the 8th gen SI. it already comes with 197hp and lsd. it would be a much better investment than a 7th gen.
Old 10-24-2005
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

Originally Posted by Rennen
wait for the 8th gen SI. it already comes with 197hp and lsd. it would be a much better investment than a 7th gen.
yea but then he would have to wait for company to make aftermarket parts for the car and with the way it's looking now, with the car being so mod unfriendly, he'd have to wait a while....

so a bolted d17(intake, header, exhaust, cam gear, underdrive pulley, vafcII, and a 75 shot wouldn't push the car into the mid 14s?
if you tune it the cam gear and VAFCII correctly and with a good size shot of nitrous, it should be able to hit 14's prettly easily... that's just my opinion...
Old 10-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
HAHAHAHA built motors and only hitting mid 14's.... I have no internal work at all and I ran 14.6 with a SH1TTY 60 foot time untuned. I should easily be in the low 14's and MAYBE even high 13's with nice set of drag radials.

75 shot you'll be looking at 170-180 hp and about 200 ft/lbs in a 3rd gear dyno. You could get even more if you are tuned. If you got any questions pm me.
Old 10-24-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
Originally Posted by Nismo240sx
i have hatch. manifold has held up great... ssautochrome claims for it to be lifetime warranty, so even if it breaks... they'll replace it. their fmic for the sr is crazy. its mild steel, all polished and the intercooler core is crazy thick! only pics i have of it is when i just finsihed conversion, with the un painted bumper, cf hood on, lights in, and fenders not bolted. car is going flat black with the factory gloss trim this week. i'll post pics then.

back to the topic... so a bolted d17(intake, header, exhaust, cam gear, underdrive pulley, vafcII, and a 75 shot wouldn't push the car into the mid 14s?
mid 14's should not be a problem. but you should plan to replace your clutch after a couple of bottles.
Old 11-06-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
how about for an auto,would it be hard for me to get in the mid 14's
Old 11-06-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
^depends. With good suspension, tires/wheels etc so many factors its hard to say. Just dont do what i did and run a 75 shot on stock clutch, tires and wheels, suspension and hope for crazy times.
Old 11-07-2005
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
Originally Posted by goodtimes
how about for an auto,would it be hard for me to get in the mid 14's
I think It would be difficult for an auto to break hi 14s with a 75 shot.
Old 11-07-2005
Registered!!

ok what about mid 14's with

-d17a2
-zex 75 shot
-pnp head
-stage 1 cam
-hp full race headers
-injen cai
-greddy evo 2
-vafc 2

anything else i would need to run in the mid 14's with auto

Last edited by goodtimes; 11-07-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-07-2005
Premium Member

sounds good. I wonder if anyone has ran a 75 shot in an auto at all.
Old 11-07-2005
Premium Member

disturbed24st is an unknown quantity at this point
A buddy of mine ran a 75 shot in his auto and blew the transmission.
Old 11-07-2005
Premium Member

Originally Posted by disturbed24st
Old 11-07-2005
Registered!!

zach_04LX is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm going to sound really dumb here, but what is a 75 shot?
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

Dam haha maybe ill just run a 50 shot till i build my tranny lol

do you know what kinda times he got befor he blew up his tranny???
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
well my sig says it all......impotent d17. well as long as it's better then the spec V for reliability. performance you'll hate the downgrade.
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

^^^^what are you trying to say i dont get it lol

its kinda late for me lol
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
basically performance wise the only solution is a swap or turbo. Just get an rsx or the new civic si. Even the civic si form 02-05 would be better perfmance wise.
Old 11-08-2005
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

Originally Posted by kornsined
basically performance wise the only solution is a swap or turbo. Just get an rsx or the new civic si. Even the civic si form 02-05 would be better perfmance wise.
all motor potential is pretty low but it is do-able... with a new IM some headwork, new internals, good fuel and a driver, someone should be able to get in the low 15's or 14's on the quarter mile...

but if you were to invest that kind of time and money into an all motor K series motor, you would be much faster than an all d17 could ever be...

it all depends on where you wanted to take your car...
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
honda

Originally Posted by iamboo
yea but then he would have to wait for company to make aftermarket parts for the car and with the way it's looking now, with the car being so mod unfriendly, he'd have to wait a while....

if you tune it the cam gear and VAFCII correctly and with a good size shot of nitrous, it should be able to hit 14's prettly easily... that's just my opinion...

Honda is trying to get out from people mod their car. Their goal is upscale the class of Civic.
Old 11-08-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by zach_04LX
I'm going to sound really dumb here, but what is a 75 shot?
A shot of nitrous that gives you about 75hp for a few seconds.
Old 11-08-2005
Premium Member

He never ran it at the track.The car was still under warranty,but the DUMBASS took it to the honda dealer with the nitrous still hooked up.Needless to say they didn't fix it.
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Originally Posted by robbclark1
A shot of nitrous that gives you about 75hp for a few seconds.
You can have nitrous activated for about 15 seconds before your solenoids scorch or freeze over. NOS rates their nitrous shots to crank as does ZEX i believe, while NX rates their nitrous shots to wheels.
Old 11-08-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by scansel912
You can have nitrous activated for about 15 seconds before your solenoids scorch or freeze over. NOS rates their nitrous shots to crank as does ZEX i believe, while NX rates their nitrous shots to wheels.
Thanks...I guess that was more for the other guy than me.
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

He never ran it at the track.The car was still under warranty,but the DUMBASS took it to the honda dealer with the nitrous still hooked up.Needless to say they didn't fix it.
was the car quick when he had the 75shot on or was it still kinda slow...
Old 11-09-2005
Premium Member

It was quick at first until the transmission started going south.
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

thats what i like to hear lol

did it have any other mods to it like intake,headers...

Last edited by goodtimes; 11-09-2005 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-09-2005
Premium Member

AEM cold air,DC header,Greddy Evo 1 exhaust

Quick Reply: Nitrous dyno numbers?