Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

TCI Auto *personal review*

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
how much did it cost for you guys who did this tranny upgrade kit + tc installed? i have the kit in my basement and a used tc i need to send out but wondering how much you got it installed.
Old 10-20-2005
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Daemones6
You can always go to a junk yard and get a torque converter off of a civic there and send it in. That way you dont have to be without a car
true but there are hardly any places in the killen area that have 7th gen civics sitting around. I know this because I live in harker heights
Old 10-20-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by crazyasian
how much did it cost for you guys who did this tranny upgrade kit + tc installed? i have the kit in my basement and a used tc i need to send out but wondering how much you got it installed.
that all depends on your local shop I spent 1700.00 for the TCI kit, installation, my half shafts and my block gaurd and even got a warranty with all that.
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

Daemones6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Man! You live in Harker Heights!? Wow. Small town, guess you got the baddest 7thgen huh. My wife just got an 8thGen EX coupe yesterday. Love it. Hate parking next to it. :-)

I run 7.5psi daily, and I definetly need to get the tranny kit. I really need to be retuned too. You running eManage, or AEM, and what shop to you get your work done at?
Old 10-20-2005
let the devil out

Man! You live in Harker Heights!? Wow. Small town, guess you got the baddest 7thgen huh. My wife just got an 8thGen EX coupe yesterday. Love it. Hate parking next to it. :-)

I run 7.5psi daily, and I definetly need to get the tranny kit. I really need to be retuned too. You running eManage, or AEM, and what shop to you get your work done at?
I had drew at deepstage do some of my work the rest i've done myself. and right now i'm just running the TSI fuel management that comes with it. i'm actually up for selling my kit and stuff or parting out soon because i'm getting something else
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by eye_see_you
I had drew at deepstage do some of my work the rest i've done myself. and right now i'm just running the TSI fuel management that comes with it. i'm actually up for selling my kit and stuff or parting out soon because i'm getting something else
Yeah. The girl I sit next to at work is good friends with drew. I went to some place in Waco. Will never do that again. Be sure to hit me up when you decide to part out. I definetely will do what I can to get the torque converter.

Did Drew do your tranny too?
Old 10-20-2005
let the devil out

Yeah. The girl I sit next to at work is good friends with drew. I went to some place in Waco. Will never do that again. Be sure to hit me up when you decide to part out. I definetely will do what I can to get the torque converter.

Did Drew do your tranny too?
place called joes transmission shop did my work for the tranny its near BMW window tint. the rest is some of deepstages work the rest is my own hard work
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

Cool. How long did Joe's have your car for?
Old 10-20-2005
let the devil out

Cool. How long did Joe's have your car for?
the parts is the issue the work was taken care of in 3 days
Old 10-20-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
ssbc big brakesnice!
Old 10-20-2005
let the devil out

Originally Posted by acidbaby
ssbc big brakesnice!
and they are up for sale the front kit and rear conversion kit. I'm parting out to stock on my car
Old 10-20-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Rear conversion kit?
Old 10-20-2005
let the devil out

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Rear conversion kit?
yes I have the SSBC rear conversion kit for thw 01-03 civic that has never been installed and the front kit only has about 300 miles at most on it. I'm about to start going back to stock so things are about to be posted up for sale.
Old 10-20-2005

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Whats the rear conversion kit, I heard that their kit was only if you had all the parts forkm the SI already, it just upgrades the rotors and calipers.
Old 10-20-2005
let the devil out

Whats the rear conversion kit, I heard that their kit was only if you had all the parts forkm the SI already, it just upgrades the rotors and calipers.
First off its the parts for an integra not an SI and the kit is complete. The front kit was a straight bolt on as well.

Standard rear disc brake kits include everything needed to equip your vehicle with performance rear disc brakes. The single piston cast iron caliper features built-in parking brake, and also provides up to 30% more clamping power than factory calipers. The slotted rotors will keep your brakes looking and running cool. Upgrade your rear brakes to these larger brake kits for more stopping power! The

Cast Iron Single Piston Caliper

Built-In Parking Brake

12-Inch Xtra Life Plated Slotted Rotors

Mounting Brackets & Pads

All Required Mounts & Hardware

Installation: Most SSBC kits are bolt-on factory replacements, installs just like factory parts!

Tech Notes: DOT street legal
Old 10-21-2005

LMAO you just proved my point right there in the installation quote. You have to already have rear discs for these to work. And yes, our rear disc conversion comes from the SI.
Old 10-21-2005

Here: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=212186

And here: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=49
Old 10-21-2005
let the devil out

LMAO you just proved my point right there in the installation quote. You have to already have rear discs for these to work. And yes, our rear disc conversion comes from the SI.

no you do not have to have disc brakes already in order to use this kit. I know because we installed on one car and its a direct replacement for the drum. The kit from SSBC is the same kit that fits a 94 integra. If your interested in them say so if not stop posting in the thread and use PM or e-mail.
Old 10-23-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
do they have this overhaul kit for manual transmissions? and would this kit make it able to handle up to 300hp and more? ive been told our trannys only hold 300 hp around that.

oh and are you boosting 12psi on a fully stock motor?
Old 10-23-2005
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
i doubt they have an overhaul kit for manuals but you never know until u find out yerself.
Old 10-24-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by crazyasian
i doubt they have an overhaul kit for manuals but you never know until u find out yerself.
i like being lazy and asking other people.

no love for the manual transmissions in this thread huh lol
Old 10-24-2005
let the devil out

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
i like being lazy and asking other people.

no love for the manual transmissions in this thread huh lol

nope no love TCI auto specializes in automatics you may as well get a exedy , LSD , and/or quaife for those manual people out there and be done with it.
Old 02-04-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
is there a place where i can order the kit?
Old 02-04-2006
Boredom causes changes ;)

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
As I have searched just in case myself -

www.jegs.com - Quick link to product

www.nopi.com - Quick link to product
Old 02-04-2006
Registered!!

Matulin407 is an unknown quantity at this point
u know wuts poop, i emailed TCI about a Torque converter and there Master overhaul kit. They email me back saying, sorry we dont carry any products for ur car............................ Wtf. are u fukn me sideways, while running with a baseball bat?
Old 02-05-2006
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
cant be. i just got my TCI auto master overhaul kit last week. it was like 280 shipped. didnt take more than a week from the date i ordered.

It is listed on the website under Sport Compact.
Old 02-05-2006
let the devil out

tciauto.com you can pick it up for 280 now its dropped in price since I did it. THey have the kit for 01-03 civics and according to research it will work with the 04-05 tranny too since its the same parts
Old 02-05-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
jegs has it for $225 up there but maybe shipping is alot