Engine Management Post information/questions about Engine Management here! It's especially important for Forced Induction (Turbo and SuperCharging) and Engine swaps! What destroys engines are fuel management!

E-Manage FAQ!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
E-Manage FAQ!!!!!!!!!

E-Manage Links for people that need to set theirs up:

EMANAGE: WORKING SETUPS

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/s...d.php?t=217534

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/s...=164441&page=1

Base E-Manage Maps for Turbo'd D17 with working VTEC setup
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/s...d.php?t=196730

Plug & Play harness:
Linky (Thanks 4drcivic2k1)

Wiring schematics for our car:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/s...d.php?t=155306

VAFC wiring works the same as the E-Manage main harness, minus VTEC:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/s...d.php?t=169767

E-manage FAQ & Install Tips
http://mohdparts.com/emanage/EmanageFAQ.txt

Outlook of wiring for all 3 harnesses
http://mohdparts.com/emanage/manuals...-manage_10.JPG

E-Manage DIY
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/s...d.php?t=217534

http://mohdparts.com/emanage/install...elp/index.html

THE MYSTERY GRAY WIRE IS TPS, and is pin 15 of terminal A on our harness*

Some wiring tips for the ignition harness:

*pay particular attention to what wires go where (in terms of the INPUT and OUTPUT channels for the emanage) - you don't want to wire the OUTPUT of the emanage to the INPUT of the ECU - you may damage something

*the ignition harness has 8 wires you need to connect - 2 per channel (1 in 1 out), the injector harness has 4 wires you need to connect - 1 per channel.

*On connector A (31 pins) - which should be the very bottom connector on the ECU, pins 27, 28, 29, and 30 are for the ignition coils

*27 = cylinder 4, 28 = cylinder 3, 29 = cylinder 2, 30 = cylinder 1

*so.....channel 1 of emanage goes to cylinder 1, channel 2 to cylinder 3, channel 3 to cylinder 4, channel 4 to cylinder 2

*wire colors of the pins...pin 27 is brown, pin 28 is white/blue, pin 29 is blue/red, pin 30 is yellow/green. For the injectors you only use 4 of the 6 channels. The others you don't wire up.

Some wiring tips for the injector harness:

*wiring info for injectors is as follows: ch1 to pin 5, ch2 to pin 4, ch3 to pin 3 ch4 to pin 2

*Page 23 shows injector haress. Look at the diagram on the left - P/R = ch 4, Y/R = ch 3, O/R = ch 2, etc
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/man...-manage_23.JPG

*ignore channel A, B, 5, and 6.

The Support Tool update you'll need:

Update to PC Software v1.13

Firmware for unit update you'll need:

E-manage v1.39 Firmware Upgrade

Problem codes:

2gz-gte e-manage install

Last edited by Havok2k1; 12-26-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-06-2004
Wicked Pissah Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Alright, I took this post out of another thread in FI. There is a TON of useful info here for people who are setting up the E-Manage. Don't panic, the thread labelled "E-MANAGE: WORKING SETUP FOR EXs!!!" is listed as the first link...

Thanks to Dezod for setting this up. I have added it to the Turbo FAQ in the Forced Induction Forum. If anyone else has any helpful links, feel free to post them here.

-Havok-
Old 12-06-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
cool. thanks. can you make a link to this in the turbo faq so it is at easy access int he fi section. mkay
Old 12-06-2004
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by abmerop18
cool. thanks. can you make a link to this in the turbo faq so it is at easy access int he fi section. mkay

Originally Posted by Havok2k1
I have added it to the Turbo FAQ in the Forced Induction Forum. If anyone else has any helpful links, feel free to post them here.

-Havok-
Old 12-07-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Havok2k1
Alright, I took this post out of another thread in FI. There is a TON of useful info here for people who are setting up the E-Manage. Don't panic, the thread labelled "E-MANAGE: WORKING SETUP FOR EXs!!!" is listed as the first link...

Thanks to Dezod for setting this up. I have added it to the Turbo FAQ in the Forced Induction Forum. If anyone else has any helpful links, feel free to post them here.

-Havok-
Your welcome Havok. If anyone thinks anything else needs to be added to this..........post away and I'll add it to the post.

Thanks to Havok for comin thru with the swift modness and setting it up as a sticky in this forum.
Old 12-09-2004

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
you know what would be really helpful dezod? i am not the best at wiring schematics, so if you could get a picture of the wires from the main e-manage harness and where they connect to the ECU harness, that would help greatly. ill even toss some points your way if you can get this. thanks
Old 12-10-2004
7thgen Power Maker

you know what would be really helpful dezod? i am not the best at wiring schematics, so if you could get a picture of the wires from the main e-manage harness and where they connect to the ECU harness, that would help greatly. ill even toss some points your way if you can get this. thanks
to be honest...........follow the schematics. A picture is even more confusing.

Time to get good at it.

This is how my E-Manage looks, and how it is staying.

Old 12-22-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Updated first post.
Old 01-04-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
Does anyone know what harnesses come included in the Greddy turbo kit for the RSX? I belive it came with the injector harness already in the main harness. But to clear things up. can someone just tel me which harnesses theese are? (the 2 clips that clip in the side of the harness like so?)
Old 01-05-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
Does anyone know what harnesses come included in the Greddy turbo kit for the RSX? I belive it came with the injector harness already in the main harness. But to clear things up. can someone just tel me which harnesses theese are? (the 2 clips that clip in the side of the harness like so?)
Does the main harness have half of it empty or is it all filled with wires?
Old 01-05-2005

it's all filled with wires. would you happen to know which harnesses come with the greddy turbo kit for the rsx?
Old 01-05-2005
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
I don't know if you added it or not - but it would be a wise investment to get the pressure sensor and harness with the emanage (unless you get the profec) - you can tune off of boost vs using the throttle position. Much easier and more accurate for tuning purposes.
Old 01-05-2005
7thgen Power Maker

it's all filled with wires. would you happen to know which harnesses come with the greddy turbo kit for the rsx?
that is the injector harness...........

Once again.............the E-Manage FAQ pwnz j00 HARDCORE

The injector harness & main harness are on the same plug in harness.
Old 01-05-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
^^Holy crap when I do this I'm gonna burst into flames....
Old 01-05-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
^^Holy crap when I do this I'm gonna burst into flames....
If you can read, take your time, soldier and follow a simple wiring diagram this is a snap. People are too lazy to read through the infomation. They all want the answers spelled out to them in NEON lights. If I left out information, or someone needed clarification, I have no problem answering the Q, but when the answers are right infront of you....I am not going to anymore.
Old 01-05-2005

so i would only install the injc. 1-4 wires and the ground right? Oh and what is the other harness that is smaller and clips next to the main one. thats the ingnition harness right? I know im not crazy but I have a felling my wire colors are a little different. Can anyone find a manuel that comes with the greddy turbo kit. I think the wires are coded a little different. and I also have this small box with a green, white, and black wires coming from it. I'll take pics tonight. I know this is coded different.
Old 01-05-2005

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
I can barely read... I have ADHD, I can't soldier worth a crap (hands arn't steady enough) and following directions.. well lets just say I treid to build my legos w/o instructions first lol =)
Old 01-05-2005

It seems the greddy website Owns me. and I found the info there.But I found something out. I don;t have some of the wires you guys have. There are no vtec wires in the main harness so I guess vtec can't be adjusted which I prob wouldn't have used anyway. But I also don't have the purple VTM wire. what does that wire do?
Old 01-05-2005
7thgen Power Maker

It seems the greddy website Owns me. and I found the info there.But I found something out. I don;t have some of the wires you guys have. There are no vtec wires in the main harness so I guess vtec can't be adjusted which I prob wouldn't have used anyway. But I also don't have the purple VTM wire. what does that wire do?
Goes with VTEC
Old 01-05-2005

got the main harness on but the active LED is flashing red. how do I read what code the emanage is putting out?
Old 01-05-2005
7thgen Power Maker

got the main harness on but the active LED is flashing red. how do I read what code the emanage is putting out?
support tool
Old 01-05-2005

ok I have the support tool and my harness has no vtec wires connected or no VTM wire. But now my car starts to stall out and won't rev past 4k. any ideas?everything was ok till I updated the main unit,
oh BTW the active led is flashing from green to yellow to red over and over.

Last edited by HyaBoosta; 01-05-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-05-2005

^ mine did the same exact thing. it was because it was not tuned. you also have to reset your ECU by following the instructions in the DIY Intake page.
Old 01-06-2005

so if we do not have vtec, we set the rotary settings to 4-8-C, correct?
Old 01-06-2005
7thgen Power Maker

so if we do not have vtec, we set the rotary settings to 4-8-C, correct?
That is what I am using.
Old 01-06-2005

^but you have v-tec D
Old 01-06-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
^but you have v-tec D
correct.
Old 01-06-2005

the vtec doesn't seem to be working on our cars so everyone is using the 4-8-c.
what does it mean if the active led glows from green to yellow to red?
Old 01-06-2005
7thgen Power Maker

the vtec doesn't seem to be working on our cars so everyone is using the 4-8-c.
what does it mean if the active led glows from green to yellow to red?
yellow means modifing the signal and working correctly.

red means an error

This is if I recall correctly

VTEC remains untouched. No wires tapped or anything. Therefore, it still works......It engages. Diagnostics and dynos show it for me.
Old 01-06-2005

but do you know what it means when the led flashes from green to yellow to red over and over again the whole time?

Quick Reply: E-Manage FAQ!!!!!!!!!