Engine Management Post information/questions about Engine Management here! It's especially important for Forced Induction (Turbo and SuperCharging) and Engine swaps! What destroys engines are fuel management!

E-Manage FAQ!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mclean987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dezod
updated 1st post.....links fixed

thanks for that info
Old 06-27-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
1st post updated
Old 07-01-2005
Registered!!

Halfloaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got mine running good. Not tuned yet though.
My RPM wire was wrong, I had it in ECU connector A, pin 7 and my rpm on support tool was all over the place.
I changed it to ECU connector E, pin 26 as per the VAFC2 diagram.

vafc2 ecu plugs

The symptoms I had can be seen if you use the 'Map Trace Feature' the yellow box which shows where you are on map at any given time will jump around like crazy. 'Real Time Display' shows it too.

Cant wait to hit the Dyno, but holiday first woohoo.
Old 07-03-2005
Registered!!

Also to start with I had reversed the VTEC wires which I read on here we had to do.
The E-Manage Manual I got had Light Blue to ECU and Yellow to the Engine this is correct.
Old 07-05-2005
Registered!!

hows it going everyone has anyone changed the rev limiter with the greddy emanage ?
Old 07-05-2005
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Quick question i noticed the other day that my e-manage is reading/displaying RPM incorrectly at an idle i think is was showing in the 3000 rpm range. Any insight? i'll check it again to double check tonight.
Old 07-05-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
here is a picture of my e-manage at IDEL look at the map trace and the RPM i guess im a little confused. from the looks of it the e-manage is not registering the proper RPM and running the car rich do to being in the wrong part of the map? Anyone have suggestions/input?

Old 07-08-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

i figured out the problem with some guidance from hyaboosta The current DIY's on wiring the Brown e-manage wire to the cars computer are inncorect. All the current DIY's show the brown e-manage wire (RPM) going to connector"A" pin "7"(cranshaft position sensor), and it should be Brown wire to connector "E" pin "26" the engine speed pulse signal Im hoping to get some others that have figured this out to post to hopefully back up my claims
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Yup Definately Connector E is better for RPM
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

forhollerdoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, new here. I got everything running good, idles good, runs good at low rpm, but leans out at higher rpms. Did some testing this morning and figured out that the sub injector controls work (alternating voltages from the box to injector clips) until you actually hook up the injectors and it drops to zero. Its like once a load is added it doesnt draw anything. Using high impedence s2000 injectors for the two additionals. Any thoughts?
Old 07-14-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by forhollerdoe
Using high impedence s2000 injectors for the two additionals. Any thoughts?
This can be very bad......That is mearly fuel enrichment. A band-aid to a proper fuel system if I may. It is just dumping fuel with no regard to distribution per cylinder. You can have 1 or 2 cylinders runnign pig rich and the others running lean as can be. So many turbo companies cheapen out on this part of FI, but is also the support beams of the entire system. Can't add air flow w/o fuel.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Im going to hold the main injectors open with the additional injector controller for most of the fuel hopefully. The sub injectors im using are just for the little extra oomph. But I understand what your saying. My main concern though at the moment is the fact that it drops the voltage as soon as the injectors are plugged in.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

logic ground needed to be connected. Anyone else have that problem?
Old 07-18-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by forhollerdoe
Hey, new here. I got everything running good, idles good, runs good at low rpm, but leans out at higher rpms. Did some testing this morning and figured out that the sub injector controls work (alternating voltages from the box to injector clips) until you actually hook up the injectors and it drops to zero. Its like once a load is added it doesnt draw anything. Using high impedence s2000 injectors for the two additionals. Any thoughts?

so your using s2000 injectors? im confused and what do you mean by sub injectors you running more than 4 injectors?
Old 07-22-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by mclean987
so your using s2000 injectors? im confused and what do you mean by sub injectors you running more than 4 injectors?
Yes. He is probably running 6 (2 upstream). Just merely fuel enrichment. Not a great fuel system. It is a band-aid to the solution.

BTW, we have a plug & play harness for the e-manage now available and almost always in stock. No need for messy wiring anymore!!! The harnesses can be plug & play with the main, injector and/or ignition harness.
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

Pn0ybOiLiKehOy is on a distinguished road
nice!
Old 12-24-2005
Registered!!

liliechen is an unknown quantity at this point
This is awesome. good work.
Old 02-05-2008
Registered!!

GIOSAFAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: E-Manage FAQ!!!!!!!!!

@DEZOD: do you have the pics of http://www.dezod.com/pd_greddy_emana...e_harness.cfm?

Send to italy? How much all?
Old 02-06-2008
7thgen Power Maker

No I do not have pics of it. Sorry.

We do not ship international unless it's prepaid via US money order

Last edited by dezod; 02-06-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-06-2008
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.nipponpower.com/view.phtm...cted_year=2002

Better then the GReddy wiring and worth the $. hooked mine up in a matter of minutes and had it running in no time whatsoever
Old 02-06-2008
Registered!!

i've D16V1. I have problem with
27-brn-Igniton coil 4

i have connect 27-brn to yellow/white.The engine sound change... strange sound. I have try to connect 27-brn to yellow/black, and sound is strange too.
help?
Old 02-07-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GIOSAFAT
i've D16V1. I have problem with
27-brn-Igniton coil 4

i have connect 27-brn to yellow/white.The engine sound change... strange sound. I have try to connect 27-brn to yellow/black, and sound is strange too.
help?

help me, please?
Old 02-07-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

^^ post your help in the 7th gen fix it forum. nobody usually checks this thread anymore.