Engine Management Post information/questions about Engine Management here! It's especially important for Forced Induction (Turbo and SuperCharging) and Engine swaps! What destroys engines are fuel management!

E-Manage FAQ!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
ok so i have the e-mange in my car. inj, ign, and pressure senor harnesses and senor. just got it back today. So im going to get on it and see how it was after being tuned and dyno'd and it was like i was hitting rev limiter at 3500 rpms. Does anyone know what this could be? Then i go to merge onto the parkway, wanted to see if it would do it again, and i couldnt rev past 3500 rpms in every gear. Could only go 70 mph. Then i gave it a lil gas and it was fine like nohting was wrong. I could go faster then 80mph with no problem.
Old 03-18-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by exturbo6
ok so i have the e-mange in my car. inj, ign, and pressure senor harnesses and senor. just got it back today. So im going to get on it and see how it was after being tuned and dyno'd and it was like i was hitting rev limiter at 3500 rpms. Does anyone know what this could be? Then i go to merge onto the parkway, wanted to see if it would do it again, and i couldnt rev past 3500 rpms in every gear. Could only go 70 mph. Then i gave it a lil gas and it was fine like nohting was wrong. I could go faster then 80mph with no problem.
Never had that problem, and I ran into tons of problems with it. What are your settings at 4-8-c?
Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
i have no clue i had turbotrix do trhe install and tuning.
Old 03-18-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
i have no clue i had turbotrix do trhe install and tuning.
Look on the side of the E-manage and see what the rotary settings are set at.

BTW just take it back to them and have them fix it.
Old 03-18-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dezod
Look on the side of the E-manage and see what the rotary settings are set at.

BTW just take it back to them and have them fix it.
Yeah go back there and be like "This shi0t d0n' w0rk y0, you n33d to f1x it b3f0r3 I p0p a cap in y0 ***"
Old 03-18-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
"This shi0t d0n' w0rk y0, you n33d to f1x it b3f0r3 I p0p a cap in y0 ***"
most interesting post by you yet.
Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

ok, so if you have the pressure senor harness and senor for boost, it clips into the boost thing on the e-manage right?
Old 03-18-2005
7thgen Power Maker

ok, so if you have the pressure senor harness and senor for boost, it clips into the boost thing on the e-manage right?
Yup.
Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Yeah go back there and be like "This shi0t d0n' w0rk y0, you n33d to f1x it b3f0r3 I p0p a cap in y0 ***"

well i called them and told them what happened and how its fine now and they told me its running fine. i mean it is now. it wasnt last night. but it is now. also i check the e-manage and there is no prssure sensor harness cliped intot he boost thing. so im like wtf they didnt connect that then huh?
Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

Yup.

im getting ****in pissed now.
Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

bradmanuwf will become famous soon enough
relax man, getting pissed off is not a good way to handle things...step back, take some deep breaths and chill. you do not want to mess with your car, or people working on your car while you are angry....bad ju ju
Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

Yup.
OK, DO YOU KNOW OF A GOOD PLACE TO BRING MY CAR. ILL TAKE THE FREAKIN DRIVE JUST TO MAKE MY CAR RUN A GOOD. AL HAVE EVERYTHING HOOKED UP AND RIGHT. TURBOTRIX JUST TOLD ME IT WAS RUNNING THE SAME WITH OR WITHOUT IT. SO THEY TOOK IT OFF. ANY ADVICE OR SOMETHING?
Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bradmanuwf
relax man, getting pissed off is not a good way to handle things...step back, take some deep breaths and chill. you do not want to mess with your car, or people working on your car while you are angry....bad ju ju
I KNOW BRO. BUT IM SICK AND TRIED OF PAYING 500 BUCKS HERE AND THERE FOR THIS TO GET DONE RIGHT AND IT DONT GET DONE RIGHT. CHAPS MY ***.
Old 03-18-2005
7thgen Power Maker

OK, DO YOU KNOW OF A GOOD PLACE TO BRING MY CAR. ILL TAKE THE FREAKIN DRIVE JUST TO MAKE MY CAR RUN A GOOD. AL HAVE EVERYTHING HOOKED UP AND RIGHT. TURBOTRIX JUST TOLD ME IT WAS RUNNING THE SAME WITH OR WITHOUT IT. SO THEY TOOK IT OFF. ANY ADVICE OR SOMETHING?
The pressure senor harness & sensor enable the E-Manage to read boost. So instead of tuning off TP %, you can tune off Boost, which makes life easier. That's all it does for the E-Manage. You also have to enable the function on the Support Tool to take advantage of this feature.
Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

ok cool thanks alot for the help.hope this will work.
Old 03-20-2005

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
I doubt that the pressure sensor is keeping it from reving higher. I think it is a main harness problem
Old 03-20-2005
Registered!!

so i guess i should have them check all both the harnesses. they didnt install the pressure senor b.c they said it didnt do anyhting. but im thinking since they didnt take out the icu fromt he tsi kit that the e-manage isnt working right. both are trying to work at same time. can this cause this not to work right? thanks steve
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

NashVegasEX is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP!!! I installed emanage and car would not get over 3800rpm ... Now car will not start ... It cranks but won't turn over ... Lemme know what settings to put up.. Right now its parked behind my work in a not so safe place and I could use some help ...
Old 03-23-2005

make sure that your map sensor wires are hooked up right. away and to ecu. Make sure they have a really good connection too. That is whats is causing you to not rev above 3800. Make sure your rotary settings are correct too. make sure your rotary settings are right. and do not connect any of the vtec wires seeing as it does not work for our cars yet.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
make sure that your map sensor wires are hooked up right. away and to ecu. Make sure they have a really good connection too. That is whats is causing you to not rev above 3800. Make sure your rotary settings are correct too. make sure your rotary settings are right. and do not connect any of the vtec wires seeing as it does not work for our cars yet.
Much thanks .... on the main unit we installed everything except Yellow(VTEC in) and Light Blue(VTEC out) .... what about the purple VTM wire?
Old 03-23-2005

yeah the vtm wire is for the vtec too. you can leave that out as well. On the emenage I have that came from the DC5 greddy kit, it doesn't even have those wires on the main harness. Just remove that and make sure that the rpm wire is on the rpm wire and not the one that it says in the DIY. the rpm wire is in the top connector not con. A.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

when U say rpm wire, do you mean "Brown--RPM--Blue (Pinout 26, Con E)"? Thats how I wired it .... Engine Speed Pulse I guess it is?? Also for the rotary switches on an EX, should I use 4-8-c or 4-8-E? The support tool is updated to 1.13 and main unit to 1.39 ....

Last edited by NashVegasEX; 03-23-2005 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2005

yeah you have the rpm wire in the right conn. The rotary settings for vtec are 4-8-E. so after you remove the vtec and vtm wire change the setting to 4-8-C
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

ok thanks ... I have the ignition and injector harness's installed and the unit shows green Active LED and orange Interaction ... No flashing codes or anything ... I am using no map selects but I did do the throttle procedure ....
Old 03-23-2005

yeah all you have to do is set the TPS. You set the tps with the ignition in the on position but the car not cranked right? how is it running now?
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
yeah all you have to do is set the TPS. You set the tps with the ignition in the on position but the car not cranked right? how is it running now?
ok, In the support tool when I power up to the ON position, in main settings it doesnt have any of the blocks filled in . . . Also, the active light is green but the Interface light is orange even when the USB cable is unplugged ... My car hasnt started in a day now ..
Also, now when I look at the version number, I have firmware 1.13 and main unit -- --???

Last edited by NashVegasEX; 03-23-2005 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2005

oooooo you need to go to the support tool and on the communication screen comes up click on the update main unit and when the file screen comes up click on the gsc file and hit ok and let it update. then it will load all the jumper settings and rotary to the emanage itself. then you'll be good. you might have some communication problems like I did. make sure it's on com port 3. if you have any other problems then PM me.
Old 05-18-2005
Registered!!

mclean987 is an unknown quantity at this point
hi whats the advantage of a emanage over the vafc2 again ? oh yeh it can adjustignition timing anything else? can it change rev limit? is it muhc better than the vafc2 for all motor and boost?
Old 05-18-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by mclean987
hi whats the advantage of a emanage over the vafc2 again ? oh yeh it can adjustignition timing anything else? can it change rev limit? is it muhc better than the vafc2 for all motor and boost?
VAFC2 doesn't read boost, allow for as much tuning flexability, control timing, have a lap top support interface for ease of programming, have an anti-stall function, a boost cut limiter function...

E-manage w/ harnesses & support tool > VAFC
Old 06-21-2005
7thgen Power Maker

updated 1st post.....links fixed

Quick Reply: E-Manage FAQ!!!!!!!!!