Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

E-Manage Update re: 1106 CEL, Injector Correction Factor & Missing Link

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
E-Manage Update re: 1106 CEL, Injector Correction Factor & Missing Link

As many of you know, we are running the E-Manage on our turbo kit....With running the RSX Type S injectors, and the E-Manage to control them, one would want to utilize the injector correction factor for various reasons. So being the type of guy I am, I decided to do some experimenting.......

1) Used ML, E-Manage (no volt clamp), RSX S inj's, Inj corr factor:240CC --> 320

result: good fuel economy, no sputters, no chokes, CEL 1106

2) Used ML, E-Manage E-Manage (no volt clamp), RSX S inj's, no inj corr factor

result: poor fuel economy, too rich CEL , no 1106 CEL , choked and swam in fuel.....car was a slug

3) No ML, E-Manage E-Manage (with volt clamp), RSX S inj's, no inj corr factor

result: poor fuel economy, too rich CEL , no 1106 CEL , choked and swam in fuel.....car was a slug

4) No ML, E-Manage E-Manage (with volt clamp), RSX S inj's, inj corr factor: 240CC--> 320CC

result:good fuel economy, no sputters, no chokes, CEL 1106

5) No ML, E-Manage E-Manage (with volt clamp), RSX S inj's, inj corr factor: 240CC--> 290CC

result:decent fuel economy, no sputters, no chokes, no 1106 CEL

What does all this mean?

This means the injector correction factor on the E-Manage causes the 1106 (map sensor error, not the ML). If the injector correction factor is set to more a variance than .80 (I think is the exact amount) in the injector correction factor part of the E-Manage, it throughs a CEL 1106 because it draws down the voltage too much on the map sensor, and creates a voltage variance that the ECU doesn't like at throws an 1106 CEL.

I thought this would be VERY helpful FYI to some of you being plagued by the same thing.

And to conclude my findings, I will put back on the Missing Link with the 240-290CC injector correction factor to complete it after I confirm .80 is the threshold on the ECU.

Last edited by dezod; 11-20-2004 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-20-2004
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
so does that mean you are not using the injectors to their full potential?
Old 11-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dezod
As many of you know, we are running the E-Manage on our turbo kit....With running the RSX Type S injectors, and the E-Manage to control them, one would want to utilize the injector correction factor for various reasons. So being the type of guy I am, I decided to do some experimenting.......

1) Used ML, E-Manage (no volt clamp), RSX S inj's, Inj corr factor:240CC --> 320

result: good fuel economy, no sputters, no chokes, CEL 1106

2) Used ML, E-Manage E-Manage (no volt clamp), RSX S inj's, no inj corr factor

3) No ML, E-Manage E-Manage (with volt clamp), RSX S inj's, no inj corr factor

4) No ML, E-Manage E-Manage (with volt clamp), RSX S inj's, inj corr factor: 240CC--> 320CC

result:good fuel economy, no sputters, no chokes, CEL 1106

5) No ML, E-Manage E-Manage (with volt clamp), RSX S inj's, inj corr factor: 240CC--> 290CC

result:decent fuel economy, no sputters, no chokes, no 1106 CEL

What does all this mean?

This means the injector correction factor on the E-Manage causes the 1106 (map sensor error, not the ML). If the injector correction factor is set to more a variance than .80 (I think is the exact amount) in the injector correction factor part of the E-Manage, it throughs a CEL 1106 because it draws down the voltage too much on the map sensor, and creates a voltage variance that the ECU doesn't like at throws an 1106 CEL.

I thought this would be VERY helpful FYI to some of you being plagued by the same thing.

And to conclude my findings, I will put back on the Missing Link with the 240-290CC injector correction factor to complete it after I confirm .80 is the threshold on the ECU.
Some ECUs may just be more sensitive than others. I have mine set to 240 ->360 with no problems. There are a few other members who are using 440 injectors from RC with no probs - I really wish I knew why yours is causing problems.

Hopefully hondata will be able to do something with the D series ECU which will eliminate all of these headaches!
Old 11-20-2004

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
could it have anything to do with the fact that your car is an auto tranny and your ECU is different because of that. just an idea
Old 11-20-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by abmerop18
could it have anything to do with the fact that your car is an auto tranny and your ECU is different because of that. just an idea
Not sure, just stating my logged observations...........
Old 11-20-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
excellent post

I am glad that you guys are playing with this and finding out the problems b4 i install mine
Old 11-20-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by civic01vtec
excellent post

I am glad that you guys are playing with this and finding out the problems b4 i install mine

Old 11-21-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by civic01vtec
excellent post

Hook us up w/ the some rep points then!
Old 11-21-2004

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Great feed back Dezod.
As always leading the way.

Thanks dude
Old 11-21-2004

so does that mean you are not using the injectors to their full potential?
????
Old 11-21-2004
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by opto_isolator
Some ECUs may just be more sensitive than others. I have mine set to 240 ->360 with no problems. There are a few other members who are using 440 injectors from RC with no probs - I really wish I knew why yours is causing problems.

Hopefully hondata will be able to do something with the D series ECU which will eliminate all of these headaches!
How big of an injector has the emanage shown it can support. By that, I mean tried and true results that show some consistancy. Oh, and opto, I'd really like to pick your brain a little about some fuel questions.
Old 11-21-2004

Titleist71 can only hope to improve
It's very nice of you guys to share this also....it's very helpful to guys like me who don't have time or money to R&E all this....I'm a slam bam thank you ma'am, gimme fuel gimme fire gimme that boost of which I desire guy!
Old 11-21-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by andyman97
How big of an injector has the emanage shown it can support. By that, I mean tried and true results that show some consistancy. Oh, and opto, I'd really like to pick your brain a little about some fuel questions.
Ask away -

Let me rephrase my reply from eariler. As far as tuning / fuel go - I really don't have problems driving.

However, there are a few quirks with the setup I have. The first is that the car doesn't idle correctly 100% of the time. I am trying to fix that, but it may come with more tuning.

The other thing is that on cold starts I get a few random misfires every once in a while from idle to 2000 RPMs....

Other than those annoying little problems, I tuned my partial throttle area more this weekend - it works nicely now in partial throttle (it doesn't just dump more fuel than I need). It still needs work, but I can feel a difference.
Old 11-21-2004
7thgen Power Maker

????
No.......
Old 11-21-2004

No.......
no they are not working to their full potential or
no they are still working at 320cc
Old 11-22-2004
7thgen Power Maker

no they are not working to their full potential or
no they are still working at 320cc
Their full potential is 320CC
Old 11-22-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
does anyone know how many wires are on their main harness for the emenage. I have 11 (it's from the greddy rsx kit) But on the diy I have a black and red and an oragne left. nayone know? maybe they joined the injector and main harness in the same connector?
Old 11-22-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
does anyone know how many wires are on their main harness for the emenage. I have 11 (it's from the greddy rsx kit) But on the diy I have a black and red and an oragne left. nayone know? maybe they joined the injector and main harness in the same connector?
DIS DIAGRAM PWNZ J00~

Quit hijacking too........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	injector_wires_emanage.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	42877  
Old 11-22-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
sorry for the hijack just thought since everyone who had an emanage was on this thread that it could help. I still have 2 extra wires, but i'll give it a shot.
Back on topic
Old 11-22-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
sorry for the hijack just thought since everyone who had an emanage was on this thread that it could help. I still have 2 extra wires, but i'll give it a shot.
Back on topic
It's ok.........I was just playin

Hope that helps
Old 11-23-2004
7thgen Power Maker

up!!!!!
Old 11-23-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Went back to ML...........Not too fond personally of the voltage clamp.

Used ML, E-Manage (no volt clamp), RSX S inj's, Inj corr factor:240CC --> 300

results after 2 days: good fuel economy, no sputters, no chokes, very smooth driveability, No CEL 1106 so far
Old 11-24-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Still no CEL
Old 11-25-2004
awd pwnz j00

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome post...
Old 11-25-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
This is a noob question.

But lets say you have the turbo kit, and you don't install bigger fuel injectors and you don't upgrade your ECU. Will you just have a car that runs really lean, with better fuel economy ? Or will it cause problems?
Old 11-25-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by nindoo
This is a noob question.

But lets say you have the turbo kit, and you don't install bigger fuel injectors and you don't upgrade your ECU. Will you just have a car that runs really lean, with better fuel economy ? Or will it cause problems?
YES! You are jepordizing your entire motor like that.
Old 11-25-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
YES! You are jepordizing your entire motor like that.

Will Combustion take place to early?
Old 11-26-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by nindoo
Will Combustion take place to early?
The lean fuel conditions raise EGT's to alarming rates, which in turn burn and warp internal components in your motor.
Old 11-27-2004
Registered!!

navyedoc is an unknown quantity at this point
if you wanna go cheap fuel setup. get a old vafc or safc and bigger injectors and don't go over 7 psi. and its under 350
Old 11-28-2004
7thgen Power Maker

bump for good info

Quick Reply: E-Manage Update re: 1106 CEL, Injector Correction Factor & Missing Link