Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

TSI turbo kits?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeromie is an unknown quantity at this point
well first learn how to spell moron... dipshit
and just so u know my quetion was answered so ha.
Old 04-28-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Jeromie
how about u suk a toe hoe. i was postin in all the tsi threads so someone could answer me.
ok, Ill learn to spell .

Just so you know, who do you think answered your question??? Thank you. I replied to your threads that you hijacked and gave you the answer a few times . You really suck, huh? Just a question, dont get offended.

Jeromie

Last edited by 2K1Civic17"Gabe; 04-29-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

um ya i dont think i was talkin to u cuz u didnt call me a moron did u.and i just read ur answer right now. so that isnt what i was talkin about. and all i did was post in alot of different formums so i could get an answer quick. IS THAT SUCH A FREAKIN SIN!?
Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
YUP just ask in one thread.not all of them.
Old 04-29-2005

yeah, thats hella a sin. You better repent quick!
Old 05-11-2005
Registered!!

Smizay is an unknown quantity at this point
**** hearing what problems you guys had with it i dont want to get it any more. Anyone know anyother turbokits for a D17...if not ill got NA! haha sweet.
Old 05-11-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Im Selling My Kit. And Everything That I Was Going To Install With My Turbo Kit. Ive Had Enough.
Old 05-11-2005

Im loving my kit. The only prob is I dont have eManage. Get TSI Extreme with the eManage, and youll be good to go. Than just upgrade injectors and sh**/rfs, and some gauges.

Im boosting 10psi and it drives niiiiiice. I wouldnt boost 10 lbs on an EX though, maybe 8?
Old 05-11-2005

Originally Posted by exturbo6
Im Selling My Kit. And Everything That I Was Going To Install With My Turbo Kit. Ive Had Enough.
What exactly do you have for sell???????? Possible first dibs on stuff, I need to see if you posted in FS.

Peace
Old 05-11-2005
Registered!!

y wouldent u boost 10 on an ex?
Old 05-12-2005

a little lower compression on a DX/LX. so it can handle boost a little better.
Old 05-12-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
What exactly do you have for sell???????? Possible first dibs on stuff, I need to see if you posted in FS.

Peace
i posted everything in the For Sale forum.

t28 upgraded turbo kti.
e-manage
all 3 harnesses and senor
rsx-s injectors
volt, boost, and air/fuel gauges with 3 gauge pod
excedy 3-puck clutch and act street disc
Old 05-12-2005
Registered!!

how much will u take for the emannage and sensor and harness? streetlevel performance will do it for like 450 shipped.
Old 05-13-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
a little lower compression on a DX/LX. so it can handle boost a little better.
yes but ... i thought someone was runnin 13 pounds daily drivin on an ex, on stock internals.
Old 05-13-2005

with alcy.... 13lbs wont last very long on stock internals, nor will 10lbs in my car. Some alcohol injection will let you run more boost though. This will be one of the first mods for me in the next few months. I dont boost 10 psi everyday. Just when I race and need a little extra. I usually race at 6-7 lbs, since thats all I need around here anyways. But when there is a faster car, and I need some extra power, I slam the gas down more. Not too many boosted/spraying civics around me so 6lbs is good enough most the time.
Old 05-15-2005

I rewired my car.........again. So far its saved everything. I used a new wire harness this time. I also took off all the vinyl from my dash, looks stock again, way better. I just need a new clutch, master and slave cylinder. Than Im good to go. I cant wait to drive my baby again.
Old 09-22-2007
Registered!!

hillroad can only hope to improve
Re: TSI turbo kits?

does any one have the fuel ratios for this kit with the tsi fuel modual
Old 10-06-2007
Registered!!

2k1_Stockie is an unknown quantity at this point

lol you bought a tsi kit?
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

omg back form the dead..lol

def should have went tsi..took mine off 2 years ago..lol dezod ftw.
Old 10-29-2011
Registered!!

I <3 My EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the upgraded gt25r dual ball bearing liquid cooled turbo and im trying to get the manifold and turbo mounted but i cant drop it all the way to line it up with the holes and studs because the clutch slave cylinder is in the way.

can anyone help me out
Old 07-04-2012
Registered!!

civic_Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have any pics of the TSI turbo installed on their car...I hate the generic photo bc it doesnt show what it all comes with or nothing and people @ procivic.com says it comes with everything u need to make it run...I did see how u guys are running into problems with the TSI...I wonder if they have finally figured out how they fix the problem

Old 07-04-2012
Registered!!

HbrandNinja will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by civic_Dragon
Does anyone have any pics of the TSI turbo installed on their car...I hate the generic photo bc it doesnt show what it all comes with or nothing and people @ procivic.com says it comes with everything u need to make it run...I did see how u guys are running into problems with the TSI...I wonder if they have finally figured out how they fix the problem

I dont have pics uploaded yet but i'm going to tomorrow, however i do have the TSI turbo kit installed and i did it all myself in my garage and it was not hard at all. Word of advice though, dont go with the tsi tuning black box or the aem fic option when you order it! Order it without tuning and its about two thousand dollars then go out and get KPRO! It definitely does come with everything you need to get it running, but the shitty tuning of the tsi black box and the aem fic will have you wondering why you didnt listen when that guy on civicforums.com when he said just get the kpro.....i know this cause i'm that guy who didnt listen to everybody and am now regretting it saving up for kpro and trying to sell my aem fic. However, if you still decide to go against the grain then get the aem fic over the tsi black box. That black box is the biggest piece of sh*t out of the two pieces of sh*t. But the turbo kit itself is really nice, easy and complete.
Old 07-04-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HbrandNinja
Word of advice though, dont go with the tsi tuning black box or the aem fic option when you order it! Order it without tuning and its about two thousand dollars then go out and get KPRO! It definitely does come with everything you need to get it running, but the shitty tuning of the tsi black box and the aem fic will have you wondering why you didnt listen when that guy on civicforums.com when he said just get the kpro.....i know this cause i'm that guy who didnt listen to everybody and am now regretting it saving up for kpro and trying to sell my aem fic. However, if you still decide to go against the grain then get the aem fic over the tsi black box. That black box is the biggest piece of sh*t out of the two pieces of sh*t. But the turbo kit itself is really nice, easy and complete.
bravo!
rep for you, sir!
Old 07-04-2012
Registered!!

The only problem that have is I cant do KPRO...I have an automatic and out of the two i was thinking the black box for daily driven @ 6-7 psi. But it sounds like the black box is junk...So i'm still going to have to get my car tuned after i install it.
Old 07-04-2012
Registered!!

The only problem that have is I cant do KPRO...I have an automatic and out of the two i was thinking the black box for daily driven @ 6-7 psi. But it sounds like the black box is junk...So i'm still going to have to get my car tuned after i install it.
damn automatic huh? if your not willing to do the manual swap (well worth it if you do it) then i guess the aem fic is the best route unfortunately, the black box is basically an expensive paper weight. These kits dont stay at 6-7psi as you drive, especially without proper tuning, they let boost creep up to about 10.5 at certain RPM ranges, that will exceed the maximum voltage output of your MAP sensor and throw your computer for a loop, its gonna throw a check engine light and when boost creeps over your map sensors potential its gonna go pig rich and ride like ****. The good thing about going with the aem fic over the black box is, the aem is better for tuning, and it comes with the bigger injectors you need for the turbo setup, the black box comes with a throttle body plate that has two extra injectors.....this is garbage, the bigger injectors with the aem fic are definitely what you want.
Old 07-05-2012
Registered!!

I'm definately gettin the AEM F/IC i just talked to AEM and told them if i install @ my place and then drive to my tuner i shouldnt have any problems right?? Aem said that they have by-pass plug that allows me to turn off AEM F/IC and drive to my tuner with no problems. Any other problems i should be worried about with the TSI kit? I heard that the heat shield doesnt wanna bolt right up to the engine and the charge pipe was rubbing on the pulleys
Old 07-06-2012
Registered!!

I'm definately gettin the AEM F/IC i just talked to AEM and told them if i install @ my place and then drive to my tuner i shouldnt have any problems right?? Aem said that they have by-pass plug that allows me to turn off AEM F/IC and drive to my tuner with no problems. Any other problems i should be worried about with the TSI kit? I heard that the heat shield doesnt wanna bolt right up to the engine and the charge pipe was rubbing on the pulleys
The heat shiel needs a little convincing to line up with the bolt holes on the manifold, but with a little patience and common sence it goes right on. the charge pipe doesnt even come close to rubbing on my pulleys. Tight areas are gonna be the air intake flex tube going on the actual turbo, the upper intercooler piping rubs a little bit on the front cross beam behind the bumper and the condenser, but just barley and it doesnt cause any harm or noise so you could leave it like that or do some very minor modifaction. Theres a tranny or motor mount bolt that gets in the way a little bit, but it fits after some wiggling, just little things that make you stop and think for a minute, nothing serious. Very easy to diy in the garage over a weekend. I just uploaded a pic of the engine bay with the kit on it if you wanna check it out.
Old 07-07-2012
Registered!!

oh wow i didnt know the hot pipe comes down the passenger side goes in the driver side...I wish they would have used the same intercooler Godspeed is using...Enters/exits the same side...Does anyone have suggestions on Turbo timers? Or what about the BOV it comes with is it any good? I was thinkin about going HKS SSQV