Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

HX turbo questions

Old 09-06-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACURAwerx is on a distinguished road
HX turbo questions

my friend is thinking about turboing his HX civic and we want to know what the best way about doing this is. Should he get a customed pieced kit? get the SF kit? or get a EX/lx kit and just get a custom downpipie, innercooler piping. I only know of boostedcivicZex who has a HX turbo. also, is the t3 super 60 the best turbo for the HX? Can someone list what we will need to get? and is there anyone that sells the piping we need for the hx? how much would it cost extra for say if we bought a EX kit and convert it to fix a HX? and the HX tranny is a lot better with boost then a regular auto right? thanks guys... I am asking these questions because he has a HX and not a tregular auto.. so please help! thanks...
Old 09-06-2004
Registered!!

bump
Old 09-06-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I would keep clear of SF unless you're willing to wait 6 months for an incomplete and damaged kit. The cvt tranny I've been told can take much more abuse since it uses a pulley-driven system to effectively provide infinite gears. They also come stock with a tranny oil cooler.
Old 09-06-2004
Registered!!

thanks, do you know if he buys a EX kit, if only the innercooler piping and turbo manifold piping have to be custom made? cuz i dont think anyone makes it for the HX. And would u suggest piecing together a custom kit, or just buying a whole kit online? Would we need a torque convertor for the CVT? And if u suggest piecing together a custom kit, which specific items do u recommend, such as engine management, innercooler, turbo, ect... thanks everyone, we are thinking about getting his car turbod in about a month and getting a cutout instead of the exhaust, and keeping the car looking as stock as possible
Old 09-06-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Well I don't really know alot of details about this. All I can say is he needed to get SF to modify or fabricate some new parts so the kit would fit. Whatever you end up getting, make sure it's tuned properly on a dyno. The best tuning tool would probably be the greddy e-manage because of all it's capability. There's a post on here on how to get it to work with the civics. Have you considered a return-style fuel system conversion? Then you could run an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Some people here also are using larger injectors.
Old 09-06-2004
Registered!!

he's looking to spend about 6-7 on everything (installed). So could someone list everything he needs (and the best model to get) and how much they cost? he doesn't want excessities(sp) right now, just the basics for what will able him to run boost safely. However, for the things that have to replaced to be upgraded, for example a turbo, just say which is the best for the HX! we made a list ourselves, but maybe we are missing some things. thanks for ur input
Old 09-06-2004
Registered!!

bumper
Old 09-06-2004
Registered!!

bump
Old 09-30-2004