Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Hondata for the 7thgen's

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
Hondata for the 7thgen's

Hey guys I know that myself as well as others have tried emailing hondata and asking them for an application for our 7th gens, I know that we have recived a no from them but I have heard word from a reliable source that is pretty tight with Hondata that if pushed enough they will give in and the have been on the fence about producing one for us.(Forced induction, Not NA that would be kinda pointless for our cars).
Trust me on this one guys. drop them a quick line and post up after you do. i wanna know just how many people are asking them.
sales@hondata.com
Old 08-25-2004
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
ill send them an e-mail, but i still wont beleive it till i can see one defeniatly for the 7thgen
Old 08-25-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
I'll send one to! i wish....
Old 08-25-2004

The owner of south florida performance is pretty tight with them and he said that if they get enough pushthen they will make one, hopefully by the end of this year.
Old 08-25-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
The owner of south florida performance is pretty tight with them and he said that if they get enough pushthen they will make one, hopefully by the end of this year.
As I said in another post - its rather interesting that they don't. The newer honda ECUs for the RSX and civic are similar. Since they've modified the K20 ECU already to make the Kpro - I really don't see that much difficultly for them to do the same thing with the D17....
Old 08-25-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
^^ not a big enough demand, imo

a looot of the people on this forum usually end up getting intake, exhaust and then move onto the show aspect ... not that many people are in for performance ... but some are. Honestly, how many people do you see on here with even a header?
Old 08-25-2004

i think that once some people start pulling some serious numbers out of the d17, then it's gonna show that they can be built to perform and more will follow. All we have right now is some sketchy production kits and a few custom built ones. we still need to get a few blocks built and see what kind of power we can hold. it's all just a matter of who does it first.
Old 08-25-2004
First to spool

riceburnrex has disabled reputation
Hondata's reply over the phone to me last week (this is a direct quote)

"You might want to talk to AEM and see when their EMS will be out, because as of right now, we [Hondata] have absolutely no plans to produce a flash or ecm solution for the D17 motors."

AEM is being slow as ***** on producing an EMS as well, they have basemaps and an EMS out, but you have to do some wire harness changing. The stock A/C system will not work, neither will the coolant gauge on the cluster, both of which are controlled by the multiplex communication system. Most likely by the end of the year they will have it out. Or at least that's what they have told me on the forums.

Honestly... whoever comes out with one first gets my money. AEM is a better system, but if Hondata is coming out first, I'll buy that and live with it. I can't stand how the stock ecm controls timing and fuel, even out of boost.
Old 08-25-2004

shady88 can only hope to improve
Im going for the aem ems, its kinda pricy, but look around, i found one for ~1300. im just hoping they are ready before my projected boost date, i talked to jp or somebody on the aem power ems forum and he said they WOULD be ready by then, so im hopeing that he wasnt bs'ing me. ems, sweet -- Jeremy