Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

The 7thGen Swap FAQ.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
that seems to be the rule for everything are the plugs even going to be the same or is there gonna be some QT with either the schematics or a multimeter involved?
Old 08-12-2004
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
i don't think one of the plugs are the same, ya! more wiring, just what i want to do....

Should be worth it though.
Old 08-12-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
huh. I'm thinkin about putting itr suspension in ... do I need the master brake cylinder? ... I heard it won't work because the itr's are right hand drive ?
Old 08-12-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
huh. I'm thinkin about putting itr suspension in ... do I need the master brake cylinder? ... I heard it won't work because the itr's are right hand drive ?
i used the one from the RSX in mine, but i really don't know if it was nessesary or not, best thing i can say is try the stock one see what happens. I'm pretty sure you can use the RSX-S one if you need to use it.
Old 08-12-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
for swapping suspension, what do you need? ... THAT part was never really covered ... so far I have ...

rotors
hubs
mbc (?)
calipers
lower control arms
shocks/springs
axles
brake lines
ebrake cable
Old 08-12-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

add upper ball joints on there and you should be set.
Old 08-18-2004
Registered!!

Music1st11 is an unknown quantity at this point
does anyone have a swap running with working A/C? Does anyone know how to get the custom piping?
Old 08-18-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

^^ custom piping can be made at any muffler shop ...
Old 08-29-2004
kcm
Registered!!

kcm is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy d17 cvt to k20a3 5sp swap

ok i plan on doing a k20 swap with my civic hx (i planing on turboing it, and all i needed was the fuel injectors too, but messed up my lower control arm and subframe)... i am getting my engine, tranny and ecu tommorrow but i was wondering what wiring harness i need to buy becuase cvt one is really wierd with on some of the things are differnet colors or in different places
Old 08-29-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

Talk to Hondata or Hasport they'll be able to help you.
Old 08-30-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

Originally Posted by cvc2f2f
hey hawk heres the pic

ITR IN 02 CIVIC COUPE

AUTO TO 6SPD CONVERT.
Very nice stuff

wantaturbo: You need to use the SI fans, the stock Civics 1. won't fit the radiator 2. are to big i beleave.
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

cvc2f2f is an unknown quantity at this point
u need the si fans, shrouds and radiator, go aftermarket on the radiator, save a few hundred...... i paid $140 for my radiator and its perfect........
Old 09-01-2004
Registered!!

wantaturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
for the five lug converion do i need the abs assembly unit? i have an ex so i have abs but do i need this to get it to the rear wheels? thanks.

oh and my motor ships on friday, im just trying to gather all the little things i need now... wooohoooo
Old 09-01-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

you need the ABS sensors off the RSX if your doin a 5 lug....read the FAQ...
Old 09-01-2004
Registered!!

is this an abs sensor?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

sorry for being dumb... well not sorry, i just am
Old 09-02-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

If you have a EX your ABS module will work, circled is the sensor i'm talking about.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	13S6M0_B27.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	37215  
Old 09-02-2004
Registered!!

cvc2f2f is an unknown quantity at this point
if ur talking about the ITR 5 lug, it will work with the civic abs sensors, u just need to bend them a lil......... not sure about the rsx as the ITR has 300mm rotors..... rsx is smaller
Old 09-02-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

I tryed my Civic ABS sensors in with my car, didn't work. The whole the sensor goes in is smaller on the RSX.
Old 09-27-2004
Registered!!

parakitoJDM is an unknown quantity at this point
still confused. i'm alittle hesitant with the Hasport mounts because they seem harder (more NVH) to me than OEM mounts. can i get some feedback from those who have used Hasport ones and compared it to those with EX or DX sedans and have used the Si mounts in terms of Idle Vibration, Cruising/Acclerating engine sound.
Old 09-27-2004
BOOSTED HYBRID

icebergslim is an unknown quantity at this point
The hasport mounts arent thats stiff. You wont even notice it. In my case the hasport mounts was too soft. I upgraded the polyurethane to 70a mounts. Vibrates a little but bearable. It helped a lot with my wheel hop problems.
Old 09-27-2004
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
My mounts were harder than stock, but all the ladies that rode in my car loved the vibrations
Old 10-14-2004
Registered!!

what did you guys do about your ecu. i want hondata but do i also need hasports wiring conversion or does hondata take care of all that. also do any of you have power steering? my motor came with aem pulleys so it would be nice to keep them but i dont have the main line. is it worth it to buy the line? its like $240 from acura.

oh and is it possible to use the stock clutch lines or do i need rsx ones. last minute problems before instal starts in a week or so.
thanks
Old 10-14-2004
Registered!!

doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
you'll still need a wire harness w/ hondata. they just reprogram the ECU itself. the expense of the line is why i still don't have power steering (not sure i have all the other parts anyways). if you don't parallel park or drive in garages and other tight spaces a lot, you will probably be ok w/out PS. but personally, i do those things too often and want it back
Old 11-05-2004
Registered!!

i didnt get a key with the ecu. the ecu came with the motor. Are you then using an rsx key in the ignition? Im confused cant you just cancel the imobilizer?

as for th o2 sensors, you ran new wires? did you just make an extension or did you make new wires to the wire harness?
thanks
Old 11-05-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

grounding the fuel pump will bypass the immobilizer ;P
Old 11-15-2004
Registered!!

hey are you guys using cai from a type-s, base, or si? I want to find a used one or something to get all that i can out of the k-pro. right now i have k&n sri thats just not doing the job. thanks
Old 11-15-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

i believe the people that did a CAI used the one out of the SI cause the SI has the same engine bay dimensions as the EM2.

I'm pretty sure there is gonna be some modifying to get it to fit though so be warned. I know even people with SI's have to modify stuff.
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Hawk is right. I used an AEM CAI on my swap. It was made for the 02 Si. Worked actually really well. Be prepared to do some cutting though. You will also have to relocate the windshield washer fluid tank.
Gives a good amount of power though...highly recommended!
Good luck
Old 11-23-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

Originally Posted by doubledeuce2k2
was there ever any kind of definitive answer about putting a supercharger on a k20a2? i know the rsx one won't work, but could you use the SI one? and keep power steering? and then would it handle the high revs OK? with or without hondata? i can't find a good answer for these questions
The RSX JRSC is too long to fit behind our rad support. The SI one will fit in theroy but you need to figure out the power steering. I actually asked Brian G about this a while ago and he told me they were gonna try the SI supercharger on their k20a2 EM2 with the electronic power steering out of the SI, seems to be the only way to get it to work.
Old 12-02-2004
Registered!!

1llmatic will become famous soon enough
www.driveshaftshop.com
www.hybrid-racing.com
www.hasport.com

all of these sites have axels for the swap.

Quick Reply: The 7thGen Swap FAQ.