Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

The 7thGen Swap FAQ.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RedFox2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The 7thGen Swap FAQ.

there's a engine http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30015 for 4grand and i was just wondering if you'd still have to spend alot more money on other parts to get the swap going or is it all set?
Old 06-03-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

you would still need a few things such as motor mounts and axles. But for the most part that is everything you need. Do your research
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

RedFox2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

k thanks i really appreciate it
Old 06-18-2008
Registered!!

Keet will become famous soon enough

If this question doesn't belong in this thread then just delete it, but does anyone know if it's possible to swap out the auto tranny on an EM2 for a CVT, or is there just no way these two transmissions could be interchanged? I've never found anything on this. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2009
Registered!!

Jose B is an unknown quantity at this point

say i need help on my 01 civic see wat i did i took the stock engine out and i put another stock one in it but it came out of an 02 and the wiring harness has extra connectors wat should i do?????
Old 02-19-2009
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

That has nothing to do with this thread at all... Use your stock harness.

And now for something that does contribute to this thread:

Innovative Mounts have just released a K20/24 mount kit for the EM2 chassis its what im currently using with great results. They are steel so they are much cheaper the Hasport billet ones.
Old 04-08-2009
Registered!!

da92gs87 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just searched for the mouts there... did not find them... do they still carry them?
Old 04-09-2009
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

Go to www.swapshopracing.com and you can order the Innovative mounts directly from them. Just give them a call to check if they have them in stock before you order since I dont think these mounts are in mass production yet. I know of 4 people that have and are using them with great results.
Old 04-09-2009
Registered!!

da92gs87 is an unknown quantity at this point

alright, sounds good.
Old 04-10-2009
Registered!!

EM2love can only hope to improve

I was reading the first post over and it said that they "...might be making mounts for B-Series."

Has there been any word on this recently?
Old 04-11-2009
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

i was wondering if anyone has figured out whether or not you can fit an accord v6 engine in our cars? Hasport makes the mounts for the 3.5 swap into EGs
Old 08-10-2009
Registered!!

thebasayou is an unknown quantity at this point

im new to the engine swap scene. SO i'm curious as to how do i know if my car is a cable transmission or hydraulic transmission? i was on hasport looking at the mounts and was slightly confused.
Old 08-11-2009
Registered!!

thebasayou is an unknown quantity at this point

disregard that last post. But i am curious about something. If i buy the k20a and it's a 6 speed manual, and my civic is originally a 5 spd manual, what other modifications do i need to make or parts do i need to buy?
Old 10-06-2009
Registered!!

harbones80 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 04 si engine will it fit in my 01 lx
Old 09-17-2012
Registered!!

flanders is an unknown quantity at this point
A K20 or K24 2003-2005 Civic Hybrid?

I searched and didn't find an answer to this question. I am looking at getting a 2003-2005 Civic Hybrid MT with high miles that, when the engine goes, I will transform into a road/track beast. Why a Civic Hybrid? They don't get smogged in California.

Anyone ever do this? Different motor mounts? It has the L-series engine, like the Fit. Would it make sense to get a MT and keep the transmission, just buying a motor for the swap, or would I need to replace it anyway? Different motor mounts?

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2015
Registered!!

jcb111 will become famous soon enoughjcb111 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hawk
If you order the harness from hasport it is plug and play. The only thing you have to wire up is the secondary o2. I can send you the wiring explination that Brian sent me if you need it.
Do you still have this?
Here is my issue.

I recently swapped my D17A1 out of my 2005 Civic LX SE with a D17A2. I had the Motor, Trans, Wire harness and ECU from the donor 2003 EX. The motor is in and running on the stock LX ECU right now throwing the code for the 2nd O2 sensor, and no VTEC. I have an appt at Honda on Wednesday to have the ECU flashed to match my keys so I can get the VTEC working.

So in the mean time I have been searching all the forums for how to wire in the 2nd O2 sensor as the factory harness does not have it on it like on my LX. As I have read on all the forums the 2nd O2 sensor is part of the body harness. I dissected the harness from my old motor to get the wires for the O2 sensor. I have put the pins into the connector at the ECU where they were on the LX.
pin 25 wht/red Secondary O2
23 brn/yel Logic Ground
14 blk/wht SecondaryO2 sensor heater control
10 grn/yel Sensor ground

The last wire is Black/Yellow and I can't figure out where this wire goes. I think it would be pins 2 or 3 which are supposed to be yel/blk power source but not sure so I left it disconnected.

Checked for codes and now I have 8 with all these connected. It throws a code for both O2 sensors. When I take the Logic ground off it only throws the secondary O2 and heater code. So I tried the Logic ground on pin 24 which is also supposed to be logic ground with the same result, throwing 8 codes.

Am I having these issues because I am running on the LX ECU and did not flash the EX ECU yet?

The O2 sensors are new and for the EX motor not my LX O2 sensors, still using LX ECU at the moment.

I replaced the whole exhaust headers back with aftermarket, 1 O2 Sensor at bottom of header the other is about mid car under the console. Not CAT installed, but 2nd O2 is with spacer.

Where do I wire in the 2nd O2 Sensor at the ECU?
There are 4 wires and a shield

Not that it matters but also replaced while the motor was out
Timing Belt, Water Pump, Thermostat, Crank Seal, Cam Seal, Valve Cover Gasket, Both Belts, Spark Plug Seals, Output Shaft Seals, Clutch Kit, Motor Mounts, O2 Sensors, Full Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, All Fluids

Please Help if you can, I am not your average everyday idiot. I am a Tech by trade and have worked on cars for years. I have owned this car since new and haven't ever had to do anything but the usual maintenance. Haven't done a swap since the early 90's. I also have all the tools and testing equipment at my disposal.
Thanks Again for all your help
Jason
Old 06-18-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jcb111
Do you still have this?
Here is my issue.

I recently swapped my D17A1 out of my 2005 Civic LX SE with a D17A2. I had the Motor, Trans, Wire harness and ECU from the donor 2003 EX. The motor is in and running on the stock LX ECU right now throwing the code for the 2nd O2 sensor, and no VTEC. I have an appt at Honda on Wednesday to have the ECU flashed to match my keys so I can get the VTEC working.

So in the mean time I have been searching all the forums for how to wire in the 2nd O2 sensor as the factory harness does not have it on it like on my LX. As I have read on all the forums the 2nd O2 sensor is part of the body harness. I dissected the harness from my old motor to get the wires for the O2 sensor. I have put the pins into the connector at the ECU where they were on the LX.
pin 25 wht/red Secondary O2
23 brn/yel Logic Ground
14 blk/wht SecondaryO2 sensor heater control
10 grn/yel Sensor ground

The last wire is Black/Yellow and I can't figure out where this wire goes. I think it would be pins 2 or 3 which are supposed to be yel/blk power source but not sure so I left it disconnected.

Checked for codes and now I have 8 with all these connected. It throws a code for both O2 sensors. When I take the Logic ground off it only throws the secondary O2 and heater code. So I tried the Logic ground on pin 24 which is also supposed to be logic ground with the same result, throwing 8 codes.

Am I having these issues because I am running on the LX ECU and did not flash the EX ECU yet?

The O2 sensors are new and for the EX motor not my LX O2 sensors, still using LX ECU at the moment.

I replaced the whole exhaust headers back with aftermarket, 1 O2 Sensor at bottom of header the other is about mid car under the console. Not CAT installed, but 2nd O2 is with spacer.

Where do I wire in the 2nd O2 Sensor at the ECU?
There are 4 wires and a shield

Not that it matters but also replaced while the motor was out
Timing Belt, Water Pump, Thermostat, Crank Seal, Cam Seal, Valve Cover Gasket, Both Belts, Spark Plug Seals, Output Shaft Seals, Clutch Kit, Motor Mounts, O2 Sensors, Full Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, All Fluids

Please Help if you can, I am not your average everyday idiot. I am a Tech by trade and have worked on cars for years. I have owned this car since new and haven't ever had to do anything but the usual maintenance. Haven't done a swap since the early 90's. I also have all the tools and testing equipment at my disposal.
Thanks Again for all your help
Jason

the post you are referring to is 10 years old,

i highly doubt that user is even still on this forum,

it would probably help if you created your own thread in the appropriate forum
Old 06-18-2015
Registered!!

jcb111 will become famous soon enoughjcb111 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Mike I will do so. Just didn't wanna **** anyone off with n00b questions and opening new threads in forums.
Posted in the 7th Gen mechanical forum

Last edited by jcb111; 06-18-2015 at 01:30 PM.