Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Liquid intercooling system

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003
Proud Srt4 owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BoostedCivicZex can only hope to improve
Liquid intercooling system

I was just wondering if you could use a liquid intercooling system instead of doing a front mount intercooler. I would like to avoid as much piping, cutting, and bending as possible.....
Here is the product description:

Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooling System

Kill detonation Enot performance! Forced induction increases throttle response and power throughout the entire rpm range. Unfortunately, more power equals more heat! Most people simply retard the timing to lower the heat, which results in power loss. Our liquid intercooling water injection system gives you the best of both worlds, with highly advanced timing for horsepower and a mist of water that lowers temperatures by 69-100 degrees.

Universal application.
Old 09-21-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PdchasinR6 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have Stafford Fabrications air to water intercooler setup and it works just as well if not better than a fmic "under certain conditions" but on most normal conditions i would say it doesnt give any advantage over a fmic other than the capabilities of being able to add ice cold water for a 20-30 degree temp drop. Only real problem with mine is that i couldnt ever keep the pump working properly and i've been awaiting a new one from Stafford for about 1-1 1/2 months now but i still dont have it as well as my alcohol setup.........mike or mike b. if you read this get in touch with me!!!!!!!!!!!