Forced Induction Post information/questions about Forced Induction here.

The 7thGen Nitrous FAQ.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
angel alberto is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The 7thGen Nitrous FAQ.

Originally Posted by 02civic
not sure about the numbers you'd get...elevation and weather along with driver skill could add up to as much as .8 +/-. With a 50 shot i'd expect to see low 15's....if not a 15 flat. a 75 shot would probably put you in the mid 14s on a stock vic...tires would hold you back though

me civic 2001 do 18.1 seg auto tranny , if I put a nos kit 50hp , how time I can espect? I think put a dynotune kit ,
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

dryft will become famous soon enough

while the threads revived, thought i'd ask a question that's been bugging me.

They say not to spray in 1st or 5th gear because you cannot "rev freely". By that do they mean in first you'll redline TOO quickly so there's not enough time to shift?

And what's wrong with spraying in 5th gear? you've got plenty of time to let go of the WOT before you redline...::::scratches head::::

(i also wanna quickly share how my cousin blew up his IS300 kuz its pretty crazy lol. Don't know all the specs but hes boosting with a 150 shot in a lexus IS300. correction WAS! He's hard headed so he decided to skip the safety features and put the N20 push button on his steering wheel. When shifting he did NOT let go his button SO when in gear his throttle body opened up and it was pretty much like a 400 shot awaiting arrival into the block. OOHHHH BOOOOIIII lmao. he still had as piece of the piston left he showed me.)
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

some body tell me something about this kit , I want to buy this

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=227
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

Question BUMP.
is it that dumb of a question or does nobody know the answer
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dryft
Question BUMP.
is it that dumb of a question or does nobody know the answer

thanks!!!
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

dryft: well for one, i dont think you will get into 5th unless your running a crazy amount of nitrous. im boosted and i rarely get into situations where i will have to 5th gear boost, if anything i will be in 5th gear boost for 5 seconds tops (around 125ish MPH) which is as fast as you will ever have to go.

and for not spraying in 5th, 5th is not a "strong gear". your 5th gear is meant for cruising and not WOT lead foot drivers. its just the simple fact that honda didnt design the 5th gear to take up much abuse, for the simple fact is that 1) its a econo box w/ 100whp why would i make 5th gear stronger than it has to be and 2) normally the last gear in all transmissions are only meant to cruise and not race etc.

for example the rsx type s tranny is 6 gears.... 1/2 the reason why k20 rape so much is because of its short gearing. if the k20a2 had a 5 speed tranny and still had short gears you would end up being at 5k rpm at 70 mph (i dont really know but just an example). hence they added the 6th gear to 'cruise' comfortable which is not meant to be pushed on.
Old 05-13-2008
Registered!!

ahh i see i see. Now does that strong gear theory apply to 1st gear as well?
Old 05-13-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

1st gear can hold up. its just the fact that the sudden increase in power will most likely break your tires free which obviously gets you nowhere. if you are skilled enough to spray 1st gear and not get the wheels to spin then sure you can do it. with a combination of "light" throttle control of the pedal and feathering of the clutch pedal you can slip the clutch effectively so your tires dont spin but you make your clutch spin instead. practice makes perfect. this means slipping your clutch enough but not too much in order to still achieve a good 60' time. this is the same reason why good engine management systems have boost cut off via certain gears/lbs of boost. ex if you had a quick spooling turbo and tried to get off the line when you already hit 12lbs of boost at 3k rpm, the only thing you would do is spin tires, unless your running slicks of course. if you get my dryft.

Last edited by civicsrcool; 05-13-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-28-2009
Registered!!

01_CiViC_CoUpE is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just hooked up my zex wet kit. when i got my jets i got a 75 shot by mistake i was just going to run a 55 shot but i wanted to see if anyone has been running a 75 shot with any problems. heres my setup

4-1 header
2.25 exhaust with cleaned out cat
aem sri
VAFCII
Old 03-27-2009
Registered!!

westcali_playa is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a 15 lb nitrous tank.. not for my car tho
Old 03-27-2009
Registered!!

JLcivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point

possible future mod! VERY nice FAQ
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by westcali_playa
i got a 15 lb nitrous tank.. not for my car tho
aaahahahaha, i believe N02 cuts off the oxygen to your brain...not positive
Old 04-07-2009
Registered!!

westcali_playa is an unknown quantity at this point

***** fun tho haha
Old 10-19-2009
Registered!!

Newjd2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just wanted to comment on this thread and bring it back from the dead again because I just read all 13 pages...word by word by word...good thing I read this before jumping into buying a zex kit...I still wanna buy it though, but now I am a lot more knowledgeable...

If anyone reads this I still have a couple questions though...So at what pressure should the bottle on a wet kit truly be at?...some have said no higher than 900....another has said between 900-1050...and another i've seen is 1000-1200 and don't touch near 1300...so which is it?

Another thing is when running nitrous and you hit WOT does it automatically kick the n2o into your TB regardless if the switch is off or that switch has to be off with the bottle open and then it will kick...(p.s....i'm getting a window switch...)

Appreciate if anyone reads and answers this...