Forced Induction Post information/questions about Forced Induction here.

The 7thGen Nitrous FAQ.

Old 04-22-2004
2k1civic.com O. G.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
^^ going on that.
since the automatic has only 4 gears, i would assume its ONLY safe to spray in 2nd and 3rd?? Not only that, we wouldnt have to worry about spraying in the wrong gear besides 1st, becuase when we floor it The tranny automatically downshifts, RIGHT??

so to sum it up for automatics, the only things we really need to have / worry about is:
-- not spraying in first
-- having a window switch

is that all? feel free to correct / add
Old 04-27-2004
BOOST JUNKY

SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by MIAMIVTEC
01WINGSWEST & SPDRCR>> how much were your gauges? and how much did u pay for the zex? if u dont mind. did u install it your self? Do u recomend we have a shop install it?

Also, this might be a dumb question... but are there two switches 1) to spray and 2) to clean the lines (purge)? and if there are, are they included in the kit? thanks>
If you're a butt monkey when it coems to mechanics or wiring, then have someone do it for you. You'll be better off.

Purge kit is usually purchased separately from a n2o kit and they WILL have separate switches. Depends on where and who you buy it from.

BTW...gauges go for like 45-50 bux on ebay. that's ur price range. Get an in cabin n2o gauge and an a/f gauge (wideband is better, but narrow band is less expensive).

Last edited by SpdRcrChk; 04-27-2004 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-27-2004
BOOST JUNKY

Originally posted by AzNmiKex215
^^ going on that.
since the automatic has only 4 gears, i would assume its ONLY safe to spray in 2nd and 3rd?? Not only that, we wouldnt have to worry about spraying in the wrong gear besides 1st, becuase when we floor it The tranny automatically downshifts, RIGHT??

so to sum it up for automatics, the only things we really need to have / worry about is:
-- not spraying in first
-- having a window switch

is that all? feel free to correct / add
Wrong. You CAN spray in first. and you DONT need a window switch.

Window switches are for those people who have a habit of or are scared of redlining too much, too often, or spraying at too low of an RPM. I don't see what's so hard about lookin at the tach before you spray?? Window switches are for people that want like an "added safety feature". But you don't NEED it. All you have to do is watch ur RPM's. Simple as that.

And you can spray in first. Hell i did it all the time at the track. Launched the car with the nitrous activated (then again i have a manual). I don't recommend it on the street "much" because you will have no traction whatsoever. If you're automatic then it doesn't matter because most if not all of your races will be "rolling"races...that is...if you want any advantage/traction whatsoever.
Old 05-04-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
vrey sweet
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

CrankinCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Dope , nowi gotat figure out what the hell i need to get for my venom -1000 kit ! new plugs i got the iridum plugs, and maybe a afc
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

MIAMIVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the help guys!
Old 05-22-2004
Registered!!

X-R8ED is an unknown quantity at this point
I know you shouldn't spray for more then 15secs, which is less then it should take to do a 1/4 anyway but how long should you wait in between these 15secs?

like would nitrous be suitable for circuit, like if you got the a/f,n20 guages and like oil temp and oil press, and water temp to monitor all your s#!t so you dont over do it.

anyone w/7thgencivic runnin nitrous for circuit that I could talk to?

My friend is runnin a Si/SiR Turbo on the circuit and I am not sure if the n2o will cut it
I just want to keep up with him.
Old 05-22-2004
Registered!!

I got another question if you are equipped w/remote opener and you have the bottle closed and the system off can you just turn it on at any time like when your moving and spray or do you always have to be at a stop when you activate the system?
Old 05-23-2004
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by X-R8ED
I got another question if you are equipped w/remote opener and you have the bottle closed and the system off can you just turn it on at any time like when your moving and spray or do you always have to be at a stop when you activate the system?

You can turn it on at ANY given moment. Whether you're moving, or at a stand still, does not matter. Thats the whole purpose of the remote bottle opener. To open the bottle at anytime, even if its out of arms reach.
Old 05-25-2004
Registered!!

What about the first question/s?
Old 05-25-2004
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by X-R8ED
What about the first question/s?

From what I understand, the 15-20 second rule is there not because your engine cant handle it, but because the solenoids are usually only designed for intermittent use. Using them for any amount of time beyond that can ruin them. Even if you could use it for longer than 20 seconds, you probably wouldnt want to because of the loss of pressure inside of the bottle. How long do you think you're gonna need to be spraying for? If its for an extended period of time, you will probably end up running the bottle empty. Nitrous is most useful in drag racing IMO.
Old 05-26-2004
Registered!!

Last edited by X-R8ED; 05-29-2004 at 01:22 AM.
Old 07-08-2004
Registered!!

llamuh is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face

Originally Posted by 01WingsWestCivic

Nitrous FAQ III
Relative Specifically to the 7th gen. Civic.

Q: OK, so no chip, but what about nitrous with a turbo or supercharger?

A: First off, for the last time, THERE IS NO SUPERCHARGER FOR THE 7TH GEN. Most people only use nitrous with turbos to help spool up the turbo. If you don't know what turbos and spooling are, search, its lengthy and would be another thread in itself.

i hate for my first post to be me correcting someone, but it bothers me when people are misinformed. When you said that there is no supercharger for the 7th gen, that was a little broad. Maybe you said this because the majority of the members dont have an Si? The 02-04 Si (EP) is considered 7th gen civic and has a Jackson Racing supercharger available for it. Just thought i should clear that up... sorry if i offended anyone.
Old 07-16-2004
Registered!!

botlbobjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Times on 1/4 mile

I want a quick fix for these cars that barely beat me.

I would like to know times people are running at the track w/ and w/o their bottle and what shot they are running
Old 07-16-2004
Banned

I ran a 14.4 in the 1/4 with a 2.3 60ft time slip on a 75 shot, NX wet kit with a stock clutch slippin and some dead drag radials. Those who know me on this forum probably already know this. Its nothing new. If you're looking for a quick fix on a stock block that is cheap to install and easy to win from a dead stop then nitrous is the way to go, but if u want a good overall increase in daily driven power on a stock block then turbo is the way to go, but you still wont be as fast as some of the other honda's with swaps already done that all already match the same torque-to-weight ratio N/A as you are already carrying with your turbo. In other words..if u dont plan on rebuilding the D17 and u just wanna win some from a dead stop then go with nitrous, but if u want more effiicient power across the board on a daily basis then go turbo.
Old 07-18-2004
I am your Mom's Hero!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
Great thread btw...lots of great info...thanks to everyone that contributed...
now for my question...for spark plugs...are the IK20's the proper plug to use?? Thanks!!

Last edited by knocturnaltkr; 07-18-2004 at 04:30 AM.
Old 07-19-2004
BOOST JUNKY

Just use the NGK Copper plugs, one or 2 steps colder. They're cheap and they work well w/the n2o
Old 07-19-2004
I am your Mom's Hero!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
I already have IK20's tho....will they work??
Old 07-21-2004
Registered!!

civic4dizoor is on a distinguished road
khjltewqrwerc wtrvwtvge5bv

Last edited by civic4dizoor; 07-29-2004 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-29-2004
Registered!!

botlbobjr is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the info "thiscrackerntam"
Old 08-04-2004
Registered!!

johnnel is an unknown quantity at this point
What's up with the zex dry kit is any one running it on there car. I found one for 200.00 and its almost new is that a good deal should I get it. Its a complete kit with 3 different jets. and if I do get it can I use it on the stock air box any info on dry kit will be helpfull thanks
Old 08-22-2004
Boosting Daily

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
From what i hear dude the dry kits are WAY too dangerous. Running a danger of having an uneven about of nitrous in each cylinder plus the issue with the factory fuel pump not being able to supply the extra needed fuel, if i remember right something about our injectors or SOMETHING thats has a return feed..........meaning the extra fuel would be routed back to the tank or pump. Then that would cause ur engine to run lean (i think) and lean+nitrous-->BOOM! Long story short, me and coutless other 7thgen-ers would HIGHLY recommend a wet kit. The extra needed fuel gets mixed and atomized in the spray in your intake runners. Wet kits are a little more pricey, but would you rather spend a few extra hundred dollars or a few grand replacing your engine? If i'm wrong or too vauge about anything above then somebody please correct me. Oh, and yes, if you still do stick with the dry kit then yes, you can intall it onto your stock airbox, but most peeps would recommend on upgrading your intake.
Old 08-22-2004
Boosting Daily

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
Question

K, i got a question. I understand that with nitrous i shouldn't have any ECU upgrades or the Venom 400 or anything else that advances the ignition timing, but would other engine mods like a crank pulley, or undrive pulleys put my engine in risk?? Some insight would be very helpful
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

03civicdx is an unknown quantity at this point
do i just run my wet system from the inlet fuel line and t it off or do i need to do anything else?
Old 09-05-2004
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
I got a quick question. If I bought the 55 shot ZEX kit, and armed it, since I have an auto, i'm always on wot when racing lol. Is there gonna be a problem here, something i should take careful note of?
Old 10-11-2004
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
pooh
Old 11-24-2004
Registered!!

ty.barrack is an unknown quantity at this point
will I have trouble passing smog on my 2004 Civic here in California if I have a ZEX nitrous kit installed in the car at the time of the somg inspection?
Old 11-24-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by ty.barrack
will I have trouble passing smog on my 2004 Civic here in California if I have a ZEX nitrous kit installed in the car at the time of the somg inspection?

I wouldnt think so, not unless you plan on using the nitrous while they're doing their emissions test.
Old 12-17-2004
Registered!!

Chris3k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
so will denso IK20's work and if not what spark plugs are compatible besides the copper ones. A lot of people around here say that the platinum tips or whatever are better than using copper or nickel. Does that just apply for stock cars or for cars with nitrous too??
Old 12-17-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris3k2
so will denso IK20's work and if not what spark plugs are compatible besides the copper ones. A lot of people around here say that the platinum tips or whatever are better than using copper or nickel. Does that just apply for stock cars or for cars with nitrous too??
NEVER use platinum tips with nitrous. Use ngk instead of denso for nitrous.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The 7thGen Nitrous FAQ.