General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Fuel Pressure Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bachlava7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel Pressure Gauge

So I'm going to install a fuel pressure gauge and as far as I can tell the best place is on the fuel line between the filter and the fuel rail. I think that if I could attach some special fitting at either end that would be best. So my questions are, has anyone does this and what do they recommend? My pressure sender has a male 1/8 NPT fitting. And would anyone happen to know what size my banjo bolts are on my fuel line? I have a 98DX.
-bachlava7
Old 07-02-2009
^Warranty voider

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Fuel Pressure Gauge

Originally Posted by bachlava7
So I'm going to install a fuel pressure gauge and as far as I can tell the best place is on the fuel line between the filter and the fuel rail. I think that if I could attach some special fitting at either end that would be best. So my questions are, has anyone does this and what do they recommend? My pressure sender has a male 1/8 NPT fitting. And would anyone happen to know what size my banjo bolts are on my fuel line? I have a 98DX.
-bachlava7
if using a stock fuel rail, the top of the filter would be your best bet. If you can find an -AN fitting to go between the fuel feed line and the rail would be a good choice. I am using a BDL fuel rail that already came tapped for nitrous and fuel gauges. Mine is mounted next to the FPR
Old 07-06-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bachlava7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool thanks. I just found an adapter that replaces one of the banjo bolts, the banjo bolt at the fuel filter. How do I go about relieving the pressure of the fuel system in order to put this on? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2009
^Warranty voider

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light

with the car running, remove the fuse for the fuel pump until the car dies, then remove the fuel cap, remove the hose that goes to the regulator from the fuel system and then slowly remove the bolt that goes to the fuel rail. Keep a rag and a fire extinguisher handy especially if you smoke