Aack! Borrow your crank pulley holder tool?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all
Aack! Borrow your crank pulley holder tool?

Hey all:

Posting this in DIY and SoCal - apologies for the cross-post

So I'm in SoCal, and denlor's tools and the amazon guys are out of stock on the Alltrade Crank pulley holder 50mm for the civic.

I KNOW someone in SoCal has one, and I'd be happy to buy that someone a 6-pack of whatever you want in exchange for the use of it (and if you are generous a long breaker bar).

Adam
-Contact information removed-

Last edited by Kennykid2002; 01-24-2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Contact information removed
Old 12-09-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: Aack! Borrow your crank pulley holder tool?

dont buy it or borrow it, its really easy, just take out the starter, get a strong flat head screwdriver, and have someone hold the flywheel still while u break the crank bolt free, its what i did, its easy
Old 12-09-2007
Registered!!

reddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to allreddawnman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d
dont buy it or borrow it, its really easy, just take out the starter, get a strong flat head screwdriver, and have someone hold the flywheel still while u break the crank bolt free, its what i did, its easy
I'd rather not do it that way... I know it is possible like this, but I'm not keen on the even *slight* chance of weakening or marring a tooth on my flywheel.

Also, I'm not sure I'll have a helper the first day taking it off, so I need the tool so i can just wedge the breaker bar on the floor.

So, offer of beer still stands :-)
Old 12-09-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

if u really want to buy one, i can get u one, if u cant find one to buy, and it will be a cornwell
Old 12-09-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d
if u really want to buy one, i can get u one, if u cant find one to buy, and it will be a cornwell
Gimme a call. I'd like to get this job started monday morning.

858-353-1050
Old 12-09-2007
Registered!!

Haven't heard from green01 yet, so if you have a holder to loan, PM, call or email.

Adam
858-353-1050
adambovie at hotmail
Old 12-09-2007
Banned

i pmed u man, check em, or get on aim, i added u as a buddy, ill hit u up and we can chat
Old 12-09-2007
Registered!!

Tool still somewhat needed, though I'll probably end up using a screwdriver in the flywheel. If I do use the screwdriver, I'll post pics. If you've got that magic whatchamacalit, PM or email or call.
Old 12-10-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

Do you still need the tool?
Old 12-10-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by spoonEM
Do you still need the tool?
UPDATE:

Called all the Kragens, Pep Boys, Autozones and Napas in the area, and finally found one for $40 at Pep Boys. Off to napa for a belt tension gauge ($10) and to harbor freight for a big *** breaker bar.

In the future if anyone in SoCal wants to borrow this tool, PM and we can work something out.

Last edited by reddawnman; 12-10-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-22-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
matthewinaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by reddawnman
UPDATE:

Called all the Kragens, Pep Boys, Autozones and Napas in the area, and finally found one for $40 at Pep Boys. Off to napa for a belt tension gauge ($10) and to harbor freight for a big *** breaker bar.

In the future if anyone in SoCal wants to borrow this tool, PM and we can work something out.

Great post on the timing belt instructions. I did mine a few days ago and broke that motor mount on the side. The bolt that is by itself was locked up and it tore the insides. Lesson learned.

Question for you. I didn't get a belt tension gauge for the power steering and a/c belts. I just make them snug. Should they be or not? Or should I just go buy a gauge? Thanks..matthew
Old 12-23-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by matthewinaz
Great post on the timing belt instructions. I did mine a few days ago and broke that motor mount on the side. The bolt that is by itself was locked up and it tore the insides. Lesson learned.

Question for you. I didn't get a belt tension gauge for the power steering and a/c belts. I just make them snug. Should they be or not? Or should I just go buy a gauge? Thanks..matthew
Yeah.. sorry bout the motor mount. I didn't have a problem with mine, but I've heard of a few people who have ripped the hell out of the rubber and needed a new mount. I may update the DIY with a warning/heads up disclaimer.

If they are brand new belts, for the first 5 mins of running they need to be really REALLY tight - like so tight you can't turn the wing nut even with a pair of pliers.

After break in and for used belts, it needs to be tight, but there is supposed to be a little deflection in the belts. There was a report of someone who thinks that he spun a crank bearing from too tight of belts, so I would spend the 10 bucks and get a little belt tension gauge from napa or wherever. get one that measures up to about 120 kg and you'll be fine - the loosest spec to measure is 40 kg. It is cheap insurance and an upside is that you can keep checking the tension over time to see how the weather is affecting your ride somewhat. if you were in socal Id give you mine for a weekend if you wanted.

Here is a link to what you need, but again I guarantee at the local napa it is $10.67 if I remember the receipt correctly.

You'll know if you have the belts too loose when you hear them squeak and slip.

Thanks for the props on the timing DIY. It is nice to know it helped someone. Rep is a great xmas gift :-)

Good luck with everything!

Last edited by reddawnman; 12-23-2007 at 02:12 AM.