Anyone have a tow truck hookup in El Monte or is able to get security lug nuts off??

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006
J_J
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trusted
Anyone have a tow truck hookup in El Monte or is able to get security lug nuts off??

I can not get the lug nuts off my car. The previous owner stripped the lug nut bolts. I had someone try a tool designed to get them off but no luck.

So I'm thinking my only choice is to tow it to a tire shop and let them work their magic. There's no engine so I must have it towed. What's stupid is....the tire place is not even 2 miles away. Once they remove the lug nuts I need to have it towed back to another shop to have them remove some other parts on my car

So if anyone is near El Monte and can get them off....I'll give you some cash. The car is on Durfee...just 2 min south of the offramp. My other choice is to have it towed twice...best price so far is $50
Old 03-22-2006
Registered!!

Narfcake is an unknown quantity at this point
If you can, hammer the closest fitting Craftsman 12-pt socket over the lug nut. Then breaker bar it off. BTDT.

Or if someone you know has a welder, have them weld a regular open-end lug nut on top of the locking lug nut. It's not like you're going to reuse 'em anyways, so.

-- Kane
Old 03-22-2006
Registered!!

iLOVEmyEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
you can buy a lug nut breaker at an autozone or pep boys. they look like a socket but have like a wedger in side of it. you put it over the lug nut and and hammer it in there till the wedge breaks the lug nut in half. they use them at america tires.
Old 03-22-2006
J_J
Registered!!

J_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trustedJ_J should not be trusted

Old 03-23-2006
Registered!!

Narfcake is an unknown quantity at this point
Those aren't locking ... they're the tuner lug nuts. Anyways, the protruding part does make it easier.

Measure the top ... if it's 19mm or smaller, then here's your tool:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00952166000

-- Kane