Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

an oldie but goodie

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
an oldie but goodie

Heh. Someone revived a story of mine from back in October of '02 on s2ki.com. I thought I'd repost it here cuz it's one of my favorites.

----------------------------------------------
Oct 2002

On my way to work today, I had the top down, trying to enjoy what little sunny and warm (haha... 55 degrees is warm... hehe) weather we have left. I am moving through traffic, back and forth between lanes. I come up on a black neon with dark tinted windows. It was obviously a DIY job because there were more air bubbles trapped under the tint, than interns trapped under bill clintons desk. Rice.

I notice a small coffee can exhaust, though it looks more like just a tip...... Rice. It's a gold tip........ Pimp Rice. There are also silver chrome plastic wheel covers....... Rice. Here's a tip... feel free to write it down. When ricing your rice, at least make sure the rice matches. Gold exhaust tip and chrome plastic wheel covers??

I get closer, and I notice the driver's window is down. I still can't see the driver, and start to realize why. In a much ghetto like thug fashion, I see a hand hung over the top of the steering wheel. The driver is basically sitting in the back seat, slouched over the middle, and sitting so low, that the only thing oncoming cars would see is a pair of eyes straining to see over the dash. Holy g funk batman, I think I see a ghetto wannabee.

Here's the best part. The steering wheel has a cover. It's orange. And black. And fuzzy. With leopard spots.

Wow.... okay, there is a race coming up here so be patient....

We pull up to a light, and he makes a move over and kinda cuts me off as I'm slowing down. Okay Homey, I can play dat. I move over to the lane he was just in (which also is wide open) and end up next to him at the light on the line. Though I can't see the driver, I believe he has now moved to somewhere in the trunk. But I can still see his hand. On the steering wheel cover. That's fuzzy. With leopard spots.

I hear a rev. Nice sound. Did it take you long to adjust your gold exhaust tip so it rattled so perfectly with a blip of the throttle? I hear a rev again. Tell me you aren't serious. I don't think 150 shot of Nitrous would give this guy a chance.... much less a clue.

The light turns. I sure as hell don't launch, just to save the clutch and tires. He launches and tries to scream away as fast as he can. Bam... he shifts into 2nd and gets a squeak out of the tires. Winding out 2nd, he slams into 3rd and gives it all he's got.........

Well I can only assume this is how his half of the race went, since I was already into another zip code.
Old 04-19-2003
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Wow!! He's got a really long arm!!!!
Old 04-19-2003
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
lol that is good
Old 04-19-2003
Registered!!

1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
COOL! awesome story!

baby dont cry, you got to keep your head up
even when the road is hard, never give up - tupac shakur
Old 04-19-2003
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
cool... but i bet black99vtec could beat you.... :devil:
Old 04-20-2003
Registered!!

synikal is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate riced out neons. Their is one in my neighborhood with a book shelf pep boys wing, Spiderman decal across his entire hood, and chrome hub caps. good story though
Old 04-20-2003
Registered!!

Location: San Diego, California, USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Spiral arm of the Milkey Way
HondaGuru is an unknown quantity at this point
why gotta pick on the neon?!

SRT-4 would own him!

lol