Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

damn domestic ricers

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009
Falken Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice
Re: damn domestic ricers

my friend has a 2.5 altima and the alternator makes a whistling sound like a turbo's BOV. its great because he has rims and an exhaust and we pulled into the mall parking lot and someone was like your car is a pos (the guy had a 93 teg with a walmart "cf" spoiler) and my friend revs his engine and the guy come over and says "whoa dude my bad you sportin a turbo?!" ahh you had to be there to see the smile on the kids face lol
Old 05-20-2009
Registered!!

CiviCMugen is an unknown quantity at this point

dude i'd bookmark this thread... i know i have lmao! i go to it if im feeling depressed. lol then i go out and drive
Old 05-23-2009
Jp7
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jp7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flyboy1304
I own a dodge dakota as well as my ek, I was messing with my friend one day and reving my engine in the parkinglot, (bragging on my HP and mods 325hp) anyhow I said "u like that it sounds great" he laughed and said "sounds like 8 MPG" and reved his ek and said sounds like 30 MPG..." I couldnt help but laugh... BTW he was close. i get 15mgp city and on a lucky day down hill and douwn wind i've gotten 22mpg. It stays parked at home alot... I LOVE MY EK 30MPG all day.... I hate those rices out domestics, ESPECIALLY the CAVILERS! ther just dumb looking.!
I normally get 24mpg, with my 93 tune sporting meth and 450-500whp. Big turbos on little motors work great for economy without too low Compression ratio, if you don't boost up all the time.
Old 06-03-2009
Registered!!

Kirche is an unknown quantity at this point

I've only had a mustang attempt to race me once. It pulled up at the light and revved the engine at me. The best part was that the light turned green, I hit the gas, and then heard a loud sound emit from the mustang. It had blown the transmission. So I did the nice thing and turned around to help get the car off the road. One of the best laughs that I have ever had in my life.
Old 06-03-2009
Registered!!

holy crap! no way! haha well today i had a run in with some guy who thought i was a "ricer" he asked all his buddies "what do you think is faster? the mitsubishi eclipse or the toyota corolla? i stepped in amongst the random, uneducated bunch, being a Honda mechanic i stated that toyota would last longer and they use the VVT-i system blah blah blah, said the same about mistubishi and its cruddy MIVEC system (i was leaning toward toyota, dont slap me!!) anyway i put in my 2 cents and everyone just stares at me like i committed murder! so i get called a ricer and i leave. i guess most of the people there were biased towards mitsubishi and i really dont know why... just proves how people in a race cant accept operator error over mechanical error... *sighs*
Old 06-05-2009
Jp7
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CiviCMugen
holy crap! no way! haha well today i had a run in with some guy who thought i was a "ricer" he asked all his buddies "what do you think is faster? the mitsubishi eclipse or the toyota corolla? i stepped in amongst the random, uneducated bunch, being a Honda mechanic i stated that toyota would last longer and they use the VVT-i system blah blah blah, said the same about mistubishi and its cruddy MIVEC system (i was leaning toward toyota, dont slap me!!) anyway i put in my 2 cents and everyone just stares at me like i committed murder! so i get called a ricer and i leave. i guess most of the people there were biased towards mitsubishi and i really dont know why... just proves how people in a race cant accept operator error over mechanical error... *sighs*

Mivec works wonders for me. I adjust my mivec tables with ecuflash =) Big difference in spool up compared to non-mivecs.
Old 06-05-2009
Registered!!

(shakes head) lol freakin Bishi's... im a honda guy through and through
Old 06-08-2009
Jp7
Registered!!

(shakes head) lol freakin Bishi's... im a honda guy through and through
Yeah, wanted something to catch a Z06/ZR1. Cheaper than building a sick Turbo NSX (only honda I would consider buying)
Old 06-09-2009
Registered!!

now dont be hatin here fonz, those C30's are tight engines and so are the K series. you just gotta work em right. horsepower isnt everything anyway you of all people should know that.
Old 06-09-2009
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

in all honisty id take an evo over my vic any day lol
Old 06-09-2009
Registered!!

well gee i thought this was a civic forum!
Old 06-09-2009
Jp7
Registered!!

now dont be hatin here fonz, those C30's are tight engines and so are the K series. you just gotta work em right. horsepower isnt everything anyway you of all people should know that.
not hatin at all. I just like lots of wet juicy boost.
Old 06-10-2009
Registered!!

oh! well my apologies! lol i just get worked up and excited because im a freak about this. its a passion, ya know?
Old 06-10-2009
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

well gee i thought this was a civic forum!
dont get me wrong, i love my civic and im an over all honda enthusiast, but if someone said, "ill give you this evo for your civic" i wouldnt say no lol. evo would be a great build. awd, and makes more numbers than my vic could dream of. i saw one guy with a 900whp evo . but im happy with my vic. if i want speed ill just go ride my r6.
Old 06-18-2009
Registered!!

Ckutch02EX is an unknown quantity at this point

I see stock gold Neon's with HUGE spoilers in my nightmares.
Old 06-23-2009
Registered!!

mad0314 is an unknown quantity at this point

am-ricers are full of **** so bad! i'd rather own a nice civic anyway! have you seen all the different versions of mustangs now? its disgusting!!! the gt 500 (which i think they should have left that to be just Eleanor in the 60's) is the same as the KR and the premium GT! just with different decals.all the roush's and saleen mustangs have the same hp too so i dont get ford right now with their mustang division... oh well. as long as i have my civics im a happy driver oh yeh i will give ford props for their mustang super snake!
Aww come on now. That couldn't be further from the truth. The GT has a 4.6l 3v SOHC engine with a 5 speed and the GT500 has a 5.4l 4v DOHC supercharged engine with a 6 speed. Those are two completely different engines. Now the Premium GT is just cosmetic upgrades over the base GT. The KR is the GT500 with some more upgrades giving it about 40hp more. Theres also a shelby GT which is a GT with fords power and suspension upgrade packages.

Then theres all the aftermarket tuners like roush, saleen, etc. Those are not ford divisions, they are independent companies. The roush stage 1 (im not sure about saleen but i think they have similar stages) is basically a full body kit, the stage 2 is suspension upgrades, and stage 3 includes a supercharger.
There are tooons of other special editions with different things done to them, including one built by the air force, but anything other than these are basically collectors editions. They do have some good power or suspensions but they cost so much only collectors will buy them.
Old 06-24-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

im starting to see more "normal" cars acting worse than ricers these days. and yeah the new pontiac is sexy
Old 06-24-2009
Jp7
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mad0314
Aww come on now. That couldn't be further from the truth. The GT has a 4.6l 3v SOHC engine with a 5 speed and the GT500 has a 5.4l 4v DOHC supercharged engine with a 6 speed. Those are two completely different engines. Now the Premium GT is just cosmetic upgrades over the base GT. The KR is the GT500 with some more upgrades giving it about 40hp more. Theres also a shelby GT which is a GT with fords power and suspension upgrade packages.

Then theres all the aftermarket tuners like roush, saleen, etc. Those are not ford divisions, they are independent companies. The roush stage 1 (im not sure about saleen but i think they have similar stages) is basically a full body kit, the stage 2 is suspension upgrades, and stage 3 includes a supercharger.
There are tooons of other special editions with different things done to them, including one built by the air force, but anything other than these are basically collectors editions. They do have some good power or suspensions but they cost so much only collectors will buy them.

All of which lose to a lightly tuned 4wd boosted 4 cylinder.
Old 06-24-2009
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

lol i was up in seattle and a yellow nsx pulled up to me. We both had our windows down so I blasted the radio and revved hard and the guy just laughed and did the same. He smoked me on the green light but I didnt move and just watched him speed off into the night it was pretty funny
Old 06-24-2009
Registered!!

god i feel like a noob now
Old 06-24-2009
Registered!!

mad0314 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey im not here to talk ****, i was just saying theres a difference
Old 06-24-2009
Registered!!

yeh yeh yeh. lol just shut me up sooner when i start talkin' ****
Old 06-25-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I have the EX coupe and I noticed that we get all the wrong attention sometimes. I was going 130(kms) and I passed a guy with a souped up but nice mustang in the slow lane. Right away he got his passanger to roll down the window, when i proceeded to raise my arms in question. I just don't understand why people want to race civics, we never claimed to be fast!!!

Last edited by BlueEM2; 06-25-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Old 07-23-2009
just a man with a civic

i never said my civic was fast, **** stick. you want fast ill go warm up my R6 and let your domestic piece of **** pick my rubber out its grille.

i dont "put parts" on my civic for performance. the most performance i got on my vic is i/h/e and thats mostly for sight and sound. i "put parts" on it to make it more sexy and because i love working on my car. my vic is an auto and wont gain much without a tranny swap anyway, so theres no point in building the motor.

dont get me wrong, i love a muscle car too, but what i dont love is you domestic ******* thinking your better than imports simply bc you have more cylinders. ive seen civics smoke domestics all day long and save gas doing it. so **** you, **** off and GTFO!

Last edited by sicma99ot; 07-23-2009 at 02:08 AM. Reason: sorry for my language admins. and mods.
Old 07-23-2009
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Old 07-30-2009
Registered!!

sevanss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mdawg
In the first two days of getting my civic I had 5 people try to race me...prob cause I was enjoying driving a manual for the first time so I was driving pretty stupidly but still.
Preety much the same way with me. lol
Old 07-30-2009
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about

whenever im driving the civic, i get drivers wanting to race. but when i bring out the sleeper integra, no one challenges me. of course my civic is my main commuter so being picked on just plain sucks.
Old 07-31-2009
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

Well sinds i got my track license and drive my civic there i drive normal on the streets and
laugh at guys who want to drag with more horses. Everyone can do that!
Old 07-31-2009
just a man with a civic

Originally Posted by BoostedCobra03
HAHAHAHA ****ing ricer bitches

A ricer, calling somebody a ricer The pot calling the kettle black?
definitions of "domestic rice" from urbandictonary.com
Domestic Rice
An American automobile that has been modified in the same cosmetic style as import vehicles, with a preference for appearance over performance. This includes:
* outlandish bodykits
* bright, gaudy paint
* Altezza style tail lights
* questionable, false or illogical badging
* use of aesthetic parts from a superior vehicle (eg V6 Mustang with Mustang GT bumpers)
* use of potential performance items for aesthetic reasons (hood scoops, cowl induction only glued to the top of the hood)
Old 08-03-2009
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

IMO ill take the GT500KR or the Super Snake over any civic any day, sorry but the GT500 just screams BAMF, also im a ford guy so lol

Quick Reply: damn domestic ricers