Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

98 hatch vs ford focus

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chopper202 is an unknown quantity at this point
98 hatch vs ford focus

There i am sitting at the lights no one else around (early hours of the morning) when I hear something approaching it sounded like it had some kind of tin can clamped onto the back of it... Well it pulls up beside me slowley creeping up to my window... from what I could see it was a 2000 ford focus rolling on 20's and from what I could hear no major engine modifications...he rolls up and its some young bloke and his friend in the passenger seat... the driver looked like he couldn't car less about me being there but the passenger had other ideas... when he was opposite me he goes to me "nice brakes *** do they make em for real cars"( if you didn't know I painted my brakes red a while back)... I turned to him thinking what he was going to do as a passenger not be able to race him or anything... and than he challenged me to race (the passenger) with out him even driving.. the driver of the focus protested and I heared him saying that his got no chance against me... but the passenger got his way.. so we went for it and with in a matter of 100 feet i was 2 car lengths ahead still running in second hitting around 80 km/h and he was thrashing that focus for all it was worth.. 5th gear and hitting 185km/h he was gone.....well by the time i got around to the next set of lights he was just a distant glow of lights in my rear view mirror.. when he was approaching me he pulled into my lane and stoped about 20 meters behind me... I stuck my hand out the window to get him go again so I could whoop his *** again and show him what me and my "***" brakes could do... the lights went green i went off he sat the for a while... driving along he slowley pulls up to pass and as he does the both look away and the passenger giving me the middle finger...I couldn't help but laugh it just goes to show people can talk all they want but when the can not back it up its freakin hilarious to see how they react to getting their asses handed to em
Old 03-27-2007
Registered!!

jthorn9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 98 hatch vs ford focus

Pretty funny, had a race like that a long while back when I used to own my old 98 Mustang V6. I was at a light and a Scion XB pulls up next to me, and the passenger starts making all types of weird faces and flipping signs and crap, so when the light turns green we gun it, and needless to say, that Scion got put away pretty bad, and that was with my old V6, it wasn't exactly stock, but still, it's far slower than my car now, and I still tapped that *** pretty bad.

Where do you live? You sound Austraillian.
Old 03-28-2007
Registered!!

Yer I am Australian. I live about an hour away from Sydney in New South Wales.... Yer the racing scene isnt as big down here in Australia as it is in America so its little encounters like what I said that keep me sane...
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

jthorn9 is an unknown quantity at this point

ROFL.............. Yea, one of my good buds at work (has since been promoted to a higher rank at a different store) is Austrailian. He's a good guy, very cool and laid back. Before he left he went back home to visit his mom and dad and he made a video of his trip, and it's amazing, Austrailia (where he lived) looks a lot like life here in Louisiana. There were hills were he was at, which we're a little short on till about 30 miles North of here, but other than that, it looked very similar, well the "BUSH" as he liked to call it was a little less dense, but that's about it.
Old 03-29-2007
Registered!!

Hills ohhhh I got plenty of them where I am i have the escarpment (huge cliffs) right behind my house and this one road that runs the whole length down it and is around 3, 4 km long im not sure how many miles that is... but this road is percect for for drifting and just having fun on.....my mate and me a actually making a video of me on that road now with the camera you like attach to the side of the car and were gonna whack it up on youtube..... ill let you know how it goes...