Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

02 Civic Ex Vtec Turbo Vs. 00 GTI VR6 I/H/E

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002SilverEx is an unknown quantity at this point
02 Civic Ex Vtec Turbo Vs. 00 GTI VR6 I/H/E

Allright, if you all dont know, I've got a 2002 civic Ex Vtec with the TSI extreme kit. Ive got 18" gunmetal wheels, Nitto Neo Gen tires, Denso Iridium IK20 spark plugs, Synapse Engineering Missing Link, and the Greddy Profec B Spec II boost controller, and a 2 1/2 " Exhaust from the manifold back, with no CAT. Everything else is stock, I am even running the stock clutch and flywheel. I have had the turbo for about 1,000 miles now, and with the help of CrewCheif, I have good settings in my Inejction Control Unit, and im running 9.5 psi daily.

Anyways, I was cruising around with my friend the other day, he wanted to check out how the turbo went, and he'd never heard a BOV before....he pretty much just sat in the passenger seat....kind of in a different world, i'd look over after i ******...hed be sitting there So were just cruising, and a black gti pulls up behind me swerving all over the place like an a$$hole. I couldn't tell from the front if it was the 1.8t or the vr6, so i stayed at the same speed, until we got to the stop light to pull onto the interstate. So when the light turned green, we turned right and went onto the interstate...i took off slow, so he could go by me, and i could see what his car was. Of corse he flys by like were racing and hes smoking me...of corse to him, he should go by me like that if i was a NA 7thgen civic. So he gets by me, and from what i can see its a 2000 gti vr6, and hes def got an exhaust, but besides that, who knows what else. I hadn't raced anyone yet since my turbo, so I didn't really know exactly how fast I was. So we pull up to the stop light where theres a nice long double lane straight away in front of us. He rolls down his window and says "I though you would have been faster than that, you want to try it again?" I said, yeah ur cars fast, lets try it again though. He laughs a little bit, and looks at his gf and said something smart a$$...she was fine too lol. So the light turns green, and i launch at 3500 trying to to spin to bad...i spun a little bit in first but not to bad, and i took off hard...I took him right off the line, and was just gone.... by a 1/4 mile i must of had him by at least 10 car lengths..it was sad. This was me running at 9.5 psi. So we get up to the next light, and the guy looked really embarassed, I said, "hmm, car running allright, I thought it would be faster than that." He says, yeah well...I only have an intake header and exhaust, and i didnt know you had a turbo. I said lets try it again. So this time when the light turned green, I counted to 3 and then took off, by this time he had I still caught and passed him and moved into his lane before a 1/4 mile.

He was impressed, i was impressed, and very happy. After spending that much money and time, it should go good, but IMO thats well worth the money to be able to beat a vr6 that bad.. I don't know i've never driven a VW, but I've heard there pretty fast. Anyways.. i'll let you know when I race again. Suppose to race my dads 04 BMW 530i this weekend...He runs a 14.3 quarter....
Old 08-13-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
nice.. long, but nice. lol.
Old 08-13-2004
Registered!!

NaSh123 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats prettyt good a stock VR6 is somewhere in the mid 15's, with those mods I'd say prolly low 15 second car? my friend with a 1.8T had intake, tires, downpipe, and he was in the 14'z he has a boost controller too but he wasn't boosting too much like a 2 pounds over stock but thatsa like 14 or 15 pounds for VW cuz they come stock with like 12 i think
Old 08-13-2004
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
So whatever happend to your friend in the passenger seat?
Old 08-13-2004
Registered!!

2002SilverEx is an unknown quantity at this point
Nothing happened to him....he was in la la land listnening to my Blow OF Valve...
Old 08-13-2004
Registered!!

AzNxTigers should not be trustedAzNxTigers should not be trusted
Nice run man, i bet your friend was freaked out, by the sound of the BOV, haha
Old 08-13-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
ugh, GET A CLUTCH, PLEASE!!! ... my car could not go over 8.5 psi without slipping... you'll be a lot happier and have better launches

you should be able to smoke him ... I was even an 03 M3 from a roll and we all know what that runs ...
Old 08-13-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2002SilverEx
So we get up to the next light, and the guy looked really embarassed, I said, "hmm, car running allright, I thought it would be faster than that."

Majorly pwned !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2004
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
I said, "hmm, car running allright, I thought it would be faster than that." He says, yeah well...I only have an intake header and exhaust, and i didnt know you had a turbo.

Old 08-13-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
very ******* nice kill... owned that fool like a little bitch .
Old 08-13-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Buy That Clutch.
Old 08-14-2004

JetBlu01 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah good kill dude...Crewchief's car is pretty quick for a single...I think he's clicked off a best of 13.6 at the track on some DR's...he's my hero
Old 08-14-2004
Registered!!

meseetree is on a distinguished road
i need a turbo........
Old 08-14-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
HAHA thats major ownage. he thought he was all hot stuff!!!
Old 08-14-2004
Registered!!

Snooterz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
you should be able to smoke him ... I was even an 03 M3 from a roll and we all know what that runs ...
ok, let's not get all retarded now.
Old 08-15-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
ya now running with an m3 the new ones I dont believe!