Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

First races ever with my civic

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03CivicEX03 should not be trusted03CivicEX03 should not be trusted
First races ever with my civic

240/sri/full cat-back system/(manual) vs 03 civic ex/cai/(manual)

My first race ever with my friends 240se 96 or is a 97 one of those model all he have is injen sri and full apexi n1 exhaust. Ok here is go me and my friend were in stop light waiting for green light we started to rev a little bite. When the green light turn We both step the pedal to max i got him on the light he still next to me when i shift second i chirped i pull on him like less then car lenght shift to 3rd i burn him like a car lenght. The race was bad because he tires keep spinning on first gear. The second race me and him again in light when the light turn green we both step to max i still got him he still next to me on door side when i shift to second i chirped the car i still pulling on him hard damn when 3rd gears come shiet he pulled on me like so fast i lost to him on this one i lost to hime like car lenght or half around there.

03 civic ex/cai(manual) vs 93-96 prelude S/cai/some cheap muffler(manual)

Second race is me and my friend with prelude s. We both stop at light waiting for the light turn green my friend wanna to race me i like ok let do it . soo.. we both keep waiting for green light when the light turn green we both floor it i got him on 1st gears he was next to me when i shifted to second gears chirped tires i pulled on him now he like car lenght behind me when i shift to 3rd i still pulling hard on him i killed him like car and half lenght or 2 car lenght. He still wanna to race me again soo.. we did it again i keep killing him like 2 car lenght. I tho those prelude is suppose to be faster then civic.. o well S is hella slow.

03 civic ex/Cai(manual) vs 94-2001 integra ls/ cai/header/muffler(manual)

3rd race is me and my friend with ls. we both meet up at light waiting for the light to turn green. The light turn green we both chirped on first gear i got good *** launch on him i got him on first gear he front of car is next to my door when i shifted to second i still trying to pulling him 3rd still my car stilling pulling 4th gear come he car pulled on my fast. I losted to hime like less then car lenght. good race good race..

i never knew our car have more power band at low end and have less power on high end that why they keep killing me on high end power.

Last edited by 03CivicEX03; 06-26-2003 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-26-2003
Registered!!

eddie5spdx is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont know if this is just suppose to be for your first races with your civic but I will go ahead and tell my story.
So I was driving home from school and I meet up with a friend who I havent seen for awhile because he was kicked out of school because of his grades. Well anyhow he has a Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 5 spd. and I well I have 02 Civic DX 5spd. He asked if I wanted to race and I said OK. So we line up and his passenger counted to three. On three I released the clutch and stomped and the gas pedal. I chirped second and shifted to third and next thing I know the road was coming to an end and I ended up beating him pretty bad. He didnt believe it and we decided to do it again. And yes I beat him again. Well a month later I got 18 in wheels and that same guy wanted to race and of coarse he beat me by like a fender but I expected a lot more because he told me he became a better driver. As we speak he has become a better driver but damn wouldnt it be embarassing to be beaten by a DX CIVIC? Well thats my story I hope its not too long. Sorry if it is.
Old 06-26-2003
Registered!!

konstanting is an unknown quantity at this point
@03CivicEX03 - your post confused me a lil where are you from(just curious :-D ) but hey! nice kills. congrats on those...and yes apparently those preduldes S's dont seem to be be fastest ones.

@eddie5spdx nice race, i think the RS is the basemodel of them clips'es,(correct me if i am wrong)... but still congrats, !!!

i didnt race anybody latley(its better that way) so i cant really tell anystories right now.

-peace!
Old 06-27-2003
Chicks dig my scent

civicskater is an unknown quantity at this point
i love it when civics beat eclipses!!

But ive raced two cars that i knew both the people, i usually dont race strangers unless they're being d**ks and i know i can win. The first one was my friend and his 93 Civic HB, sri, exhaust, and ground wires. At the time he was a better driver than me and had been racing me and beat me by a car length, maybe a little less.

A couple weeks ago my friend got an integra LS auto, still stock and i beat him by 1 1/2 car lengths or so, it was a good race til about 4th gear then he almost caught up. Its a non VTEC too and i have a LX, with only new spark plugs. Im going to race him again with the AEM intake and exhaust...cant wait
Old 06-27-2003
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice. RS is base model.
Old 06-27-2003
7thgen Man-gina

01WingsWestCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought the prelude s was fast, 200hp > 127 even with a weight difference
Old 06-27-2003
7thgen Man-gina

i thought the prelude s was fast, 200hp > 127 even with a weight difference

EDIT: double post... wtf?
Old 06-27-2003
Registered!!

eddie5spdx is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe the only reason I beat him was because he had engine problems. I just saw it in the shop today.
Old 06-28-2003
7thgen Man-gina

damn, either way nice kill. i looked for a prelude forever before i got my civic. looked for a gsr too. now i see both cars for sale everywhere
Old 06-29-2003
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Lude S only has 135HP. RS would be base model, they should have around 140HP. I'm not surprised about the 240 pulling... their gear ratios seem to be better spaced plus rear drive, and torquey, of course, driving a 240 with a KA to redline is NOT the way to race.