Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My Kanjozoku Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kanjozoku is an unknown quantity at this point
My Kanjozoku Car

This is not a normal introduction, and pardon as I have ADHD if the story kinda drifts off, but trying.

So allow me to start with my story. I am 29 years of age. Back when I was 14ish when bodykits where cool, I was your average teen/geek this is like when AGP video cards where a new thing lol. Anyways I would once in awhile find myself browsing the internet for cool body kits lol, and back in those days if you typed that on google you would get a civic, and naturally you like what you see allot. Turned 17, graduated from school with a 3.8 instantly I was offered a job from my older brother david to travel to Japan to teach at one of his English As a Foreign Language Schools in Osaka as a bookkeeper since I am good with numbers, ran into the kanjozoku car club at Kyoto station. I saw a passion, a love, heart and soul put into these cars like I have never seen before. So, at point in my life I ended up back home in Vancouver BC Canada, with goals to get an EG civic and build it like the kanjozoku. Well, life happened, ended up in the Army, University, having a kid and etc, just stuff kept blocking me from getting on with it. One day I ended up just saying hell with it, I am making my dream come true.

One day a buddy was selling his 93 EG slightly done with a rare ZC Ver.2 Block and run of the mill Z6 Head running a 12.5:1 compression... Not much else done to it, but I rocked that motor like it was a K20/24. I was happy in my own world, cant be mad for making a dream come true. Now don't get it twisted yes, I can buy 10 of these cars in a heartbeat; time was a factor not money.

Then came a situation a friend and I experienced, I wish no one else will ever have to deal with. We were driving along a 5 lane highway, we just got off the onramp into the fast lane, and two shoplifters went running across the hwy on the run from store security, where my buddy struck one of them in front of me sending their body projecting 8 feet in the air, I provided emergency medical, even with the brain damage I was able to keep vitals, she passed a few weeks later.

Shortly after when at a mall one of my braided break lines blew up with no alternative drove 100km to my house with no breaks just downshifting and E-Break the way home, made it with no issue. As I was working on fixing the breaks I then went to move the car and heard the dreaded knock... Push rod... So hence the story of the MVA as the motor in my buddies car a B18B1 ended up in my Civic.

Then we didn't notice until later that we chipped a bit out of the harmonic balancer, causing minor play in the crank and maybe doing damage to the main bearings, so far the motor is holding.

Then the alternator went on the way to a car show I was sponsored for, ended up having to buy a new battery just to get it home.

On the way to another car show a week later, then the belt tensioner went, bearings shot and thank god saved it before it skipped a tooth.

Then the S80 transmission went, on the way to a new house I just bought, too much power, and the syncros, spider gears shot out the case housing and all over the road. Ended up getting another S80 but with aftermarket internals with the LSD mod. At this point I had JE pistons and eagle rods, because it was on a 65 shot.

Again another month later, side wall blow out in the middle of a desert with no cell phone reception, had to drive on the rim of my XXR's for 3 hours to get a signal. (Be surprised but didn't even scratch them)

Anyways, at the end of the day this car just like my life has been one interesting, amazing, horrific story. This car I plan to take to the grave or pass on to my daughter. To me, this car is not just a cool car to me anymore. This car became a family member as goofy as it may sound, it has saved my life, it's gotten me threw all the hard times and easy times in my life. And even more so, after the MVA, it saw death with me, and this car helps me not only with the PTSD from the MVA but from my military service.

If there's anyone that just bought a civic and is starting out on their build take it from me, treat this car right, show the car love, and it will show it back. Who cares if people call you names for owning one. This car saved my life, it might end up saving yours.

Other than that, I have done tons of civic, delsol and CRX builds, some not so famous some real famous, some even front page featured on CarThrottle.

Honda for life.

Most Recent

Replacing the B18B1 alternator

My car finally getting towed after the blowout

The old motor setup

The Early Days

Last edited by Kanjozoku; 12-23-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-23-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My Kanjozoku Car

Welcome to the forum!
Nice car and helluva story
Old 12-24-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Welcome. Thanks for sharing your story.
Old 12-27-2015
BPL Namdata

Miss EJ6 has a spectacular aura aboutMiss EJ6 has a spectacular aura aboutMiss EJ6 has a spectacular aura about

nice hatch reminds me of my best friend red hatch. just curious how did you pick up sponsorship for your car?
Old 12-28-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Miss EJ6
nice hatch reminds me of my best friend red hatch. just curious how did you pick up sponsorship for your car?
Threw shops I am good friends with... Buying products over the years, networking threw other friends, car meets, actual road racing, autocross, quarter mile, working on other peoples cars spreads the word fast as in "Hey this guy knows something and he's good at it". And mostly because I am known for on the track for being an aggressive driver, any car I race, I push them to the limit not scared of under-steer, etc. Hell did a 360 in hill-climb and almost went off a 200 foot cliff, didn't stop me from getting back into second gear lol... I even recall saying calmly, "Aww, **** here we go". I just go all out or none.

This reply sounds harsh egotistical but it is what it is. You can die multiple times and keep coming back, but you only live once.

But mostly and sadly a heavy wallet is needed to get into the door basicly, since you need most of the equipment essentials upfront, get a race licence with a SCCA and then slowly as sponsorships roll in, then it pays for the races, race slicks(or discount), maintenance, tents, tools that you grow into witch I am still on my way too...

Just ask around, network is all I can say.

I still have a long way to go though, since I am moving into quarter mile slowly. But that's where the sponsorship is at, autocross not so much. but will still do autocross for fun.

Hell I even raced with MAC25 here on the forums. Shout-out to my buddy, he's been busy with school lately though... *Hence the RK stickers for "Revknots".

Last edited by Kanjozoku; 12-28-2015 at 04:18 AM.
Old 12-28-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

oh, LOL, you need to convince Mac to drop the rokkor/rl for better ones

did not know you were his friend (I know him too )
Old 01-13-2016
Registered!!

Here's a video of the civic as of now...