Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Lotus Elise - just took delivery!

Old 01-11-2011
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Re: Lotus Elise - just purchased!

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
I don't think Techwax 2.0 has a spray wax...

It's either a liquid application or paste
I use the liquid
I just learned something new

I have plenty of the paste left!

Old 01-11-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

see all the practice waxing the civic paid off!
Old 01-11-2011

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gearbox
see all the practice waxing the civic paid off!
I was literally just thinking that.

Get out of my head!
Old 01-11-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, thats a ton, will last you at least a year if not more
Well worth all the $$ too...
I will try paste when I run out of the liquid, and see if I can distinguish the difference

I think the only spray they have is the ultimate detailer (along the lines of techwax 2.0)

If I had your car, I'd literally be waxing it like after every car wash...wait...I do that with my civic anyways.... XD
Old 01-11-2011
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

Sweet car... just one question. When did Lotus start putting exige styled seats in the elise? It took me forever to find a set of elise seats for my miata, but they are the older style (I'm assuming) seats that don't come stock with harness ports. I know you've already kind of shot down the idea of an engine swap, but you might reconsider one day. The k20 swap is becoming more and more popular in those little lotus cars, and the fact is the k-series aftermarket is huge. A turbo/SC k motor in that car makes an absolute monster on the track.
Old 01-12-2011

Originally Posted by baron340
Sweet car... just one question. When did Lotus start putting exige styled seats in the elise? It took me forever to find a set of elise seats for my miata, but they are the older style (I'm assuming) seats that don't come stock with harness ports. I know you've already kind of shot down the idea of an engine swap, but you might reconsider one day. The k20 swap is becoming more and more popular in those little lotus cars, and the fact is the k-series aftermarket is huge. A turbo/SC k motor in that car makes an absolute monster on the track.
The seats are part of the sport pack. The sport pack in the Elise gives you the Exige's seats and suspension, a second oil cooler, and the lightweight forged wheels.

Again, I doubt I'll ever change the engine. Vision Function makes a supercharger that will get an Elise to about 300hp. That's only $10k, including an upgraded clutch and exhaust, all of it installed. The K is a great motor, but I have no interest in spoiling the handling a little bit for a different motor.
If anything, when talking to a guy who lives on a track - he's an instructor and is out every day - he said to not bother with adding power. His Exige isn't supercharged, and he said he's yet to find someone with a supercharged Exige that can pass him. That's my point - I want to be a fast driver in a quick car, not a quick driver in a fast car.
Old 01-12-2011
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

Ah.. that tricky sport pack. I didn't know they came that way. I understand where you're coming from, I drive a miata after all. Same genre as the lotus just on a lower tier. I get that you don't want to swap the motor, it's just a path to consider should you decide you want more power out of it later. I know there are options available for F/I on the 2Z motor that have shown great results even without forged internals. I hope you enjoy it as is. I found the elise painfully under powered, but still incredibly fun. Never having to slow down around corners is a blast.
Old 01-12-2011

Went to the dealership today. Car is all cleaned up, hard top installed, and it's beautiful. Didn't bring my camera in, but I should be picking it up tomorrow or Friday.

BTW the stage II exhaust sounds amazing. Very deep tone. Didn't get to drive it, but revving it sounded a lot better than I expected. I guess it doesn't sound 'ricey' until you get it up above 6k rpm.
Old 01-14-2011

Re: Lotus Elise - just took delivery!

Updated with delivery pics!

It was already dark out when I picked it up, but my fiance and I went out to eat on the way home. Few things I noticed:
1. Toyota Camry's are HUGE! You look way up just to see the top of the fender.
2. Everyone looks at this thing. Already saw people taking pictures of it
3. I really need to RTFM again because nothing inside makes any sense.
Old 01-14-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice dude

And like I said, Lotus's get too much attention...but if you like that, thats your thing

I'd prolly be one of those people snapping pictures of it too
Old 01-14-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

attention is good! not like its different than when we had modded civic lol. nice update pics. does it have hids??
Old 01-14-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

doesnt come with factory HIDs.

that should be first thing on your list of TODO's

go to DDM tuning and get some HIDs!
Old 01-14-2011

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

for some odd reason, ddm isnt selling their slim ballast kit anymore.

or you can get some from the retro source, but they are a lil pricyer. but its all quality.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...954ce65f2f43dd
Old 01-14-2011
Premium Member

Fail for ddm. they are not selling anymore hid kits. pretty soon the regular kits will be gone too
Old 01-14-2011
Kenny the Ricer

-shrugs-
Never bought from DDM

Ebay is the way to go
My 3 sets of HIDs from ebay are 1 year and still running good so far...
Old 01-14-2011
Premium Member

i will talk to you guys 10 yrs later when im still on my original hella ballasts lol
Old 01-14-2011

Originally Posted by gearbox
Fail for ddm. they are not selling anymore hid kits. pretty soon the regular kits will be gone too
why? do u know something we dont?
Old 01-14-2011
Registered!!

I do love that car... very nice
Old 01-14-2011
Premium Member

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
why? do u know something we dont?
yeah, i know theyre not selling any more hid kits, altho they are still keeping some (alot) for warranty purposes. i think theyre gonna start selling those crappy chinese pnp led bulbs next.
Old 01-14-2011

Ha ha thanks for the links guys. I have a lot of Lotus contacts already, so I'll see what they did. Driving it last night and tonight wasn't bad, though.

BTW I am getting lots of looks... everywhere I go
Old 01-14-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

pics of you besides the car or it never happened (the photocoppers just waiting for the opportunity! (joke! no need!)
Old 01-16-2011

Was supposed to snow yesterday into this morning. Instead it was perfect weather. So I went skydiving, and now I'm going to take this off and go for a drive:
Old 01-16-2011
Premium Member

do it haha
Old 01-16-2011

take some pixs!!!!!!

or else gearbox is going ban you!
Old 01-16-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

take some pixs!!!!!!

ha ha, lol
Old 01-17-2011

take some pixs!!!!!!

I've got the day off today. I'll take some time to take the car out and do a short photoshoot if the weather cooperates. Sound good?
Old 01-17-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

good to know your weather could be good - this morning it was -8 F here... new battery7 almost said no, don't wanna wake-up.
Old 04-07-2011

FYI I updated the garage with every fill-up since I got the car.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/g...-diskreet.html

Harness bar will be in the car this weekend, harnesses in a month or so... after the wedding.
Old 04-20-2011
Registered!!

BarcaCiv556 is an unknown quantity at this point

Since you've already driven one no need to tell you how amazing they handle. I test drove one a couple years back and loved it. Such a tiny car though.
Old 04-20-2011

Originally Posted by BarcaCiv556
Since you've already driven one no need to tell you how amazing they handle. I test drove one a couple years back and loved it. Such a tiny car though.
How much space in your civic do you actually use? Day to day most people use none of the storage space, nor do they need it.

Honestly, I've done entire weekend trips in the car, overnight trips with the fiance, day trips with tons of skydiving gear, and a few smaller grocery trips. I never realized how wasteful our entire society is until I owned this car. At most, there's maybe 4 or 5 times a month I truly cannot fit everything I need into the Lotus.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lotus Elise - just took delivery!