Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

ZOMG LOOK AT MY CAR!! lol.. **HATERS WELCOME**

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
Re: ZOMG LOOK AT MY CAR!! lol.. **HATERS WELCOME**

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
Lol you can find them for pretty cheap. Hell I think not to long ago I seen one for like 600$. I bought mine for 1500$ and thats the ar-15, the eotech site, grip and a couple of clips.
FYI they are called magazines!
Old 10-08-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
FYI they are called magazines!
Well I call them clips
Old 10-08-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Clips are what you use in the old bolt action rifles that feed cartriges into the internal magazine. Now we use external/removeable magazines.
Old 10-08-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, semantics.
Old 01-23-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

any updates? you should put some mesh in the fog light spot, or get some fogs lol
Old 01-23-2011
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

yea, I was looking at black lower grill mesh to cover up the gaping hole in my bumper. Know of any good ones to get? Either that or get a new bumper.. lol..
Old 01-23-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

how about 03 hybrid bumper? would have to paint it tho. i like the mesh that has a criss cross diamond pattern like the upper tezza grill. you may check hardware store and craft store. make sure its strong enough that it doesnt deform easily. otherwise it will look like crap when the wind hits it or rocks dent it.
Old 01-23-2011
Administrator
Administrator

I was never quite a fan of the 03 hybrid bumper.. For some reason, the vertical piece in the center kills the look for me

I like how the grillcraft lower grill mesh looks in black, but that **** is spendy..
I was also thinking about grabbing either a buddy club 2 or tsunami kit, and spend a weekend in San Diego where my buddy can paint and install it. All I'd have to pay for would be paint and maybe some beer. Now, I know most of you don't like body kits, but those are the only two I'd ever consider putting on my car.

Either that or get another OEM bumper and a nice lip kit, and doing the same San Diego steps.. lol
Old 01-23-2011
Premium Member

tsunami ftw
Old 01-23-2011
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold

Now that I'm on my 2nd car that is impossible to see out of, I really feel the need to tell you that the mirror is ridiculous. A civic's blind spot is all but non-existent if you align the OEM mirrors up correctly.

Bottom line, if you have problems with blind spots in a 7th gen civic, it's not the car.

Now that I got that out of the way, I really like those seats. Which ones are they?
Old 01-23-2011
Administrator
Administrator

I know the mirror is ridiculous. I kinda like it though. I originally got it just for ***** and giggles, but it's proved its usefulness. It annoys the **** out of me when people sit in my blind spot, which seems to happen more than I'd like. Like it or hate it, I have one

The though has crossed my mind a few times of ditching it for a regular broadway mirror.

The seats are Sparco Monzas, which I don't think they make anymore. It seems as if they made them for a limited time only. I went to a shop in WA with the intention of getting some Recaro Sports, then I saw these for a couple hundred bucks cheaper per seat, and just as comfy, so I opted for these.
Old 01-23-2011

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold

Fair enough. As long as you like them, it's your car!

Good buy on the Monzas!
Old 01-23-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by diskreet
Fair enough. As long as you like them, it's your car!
And that's what modding a car to your tastes is all about.
Old 01-23-2011

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
And that's what modding a car to your tastes is all about.
Exactly!
Old 01-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01civiclx94 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey riceboy do you have the blue dash sticker kit around your head unit? Also is that a carbon fiber gas lid u got?
Old 01-25-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Wink mirror isnt really necessary, a 300mm broadway is far more than sufficient

But that mirror's good for sticker bombing lol
Old 01-25-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by 01civiclx94
hey riceboy do you have the blue dash sticker kit around your head unit? Also is that a carbon fiber gas lid u got?
I painted the bezel around my radio, and the gas lid was a custom carbon/kevlar overlay by a dude that used to be on the forums
Old 01-29-2011
Registered!!

RedEX95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice looking car

its sick
Old 03-29-2012
Registered!!

04civickid is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the spoiler that you have on your car. Could you post a better picture of it for me?
Old 01-18-2013
Registered!!

emeka_civic_EX is an unknown quantity at this point

at the thread title.. hehe..

Anyways, got bored and decided to give my baby a little bit of a damp rag wipedown. I started wiping her down, then I started wiping down the engine bay, then decided to pull all the **** that was just sitting there from old installs (wires and whatnot from boost controller, siren from the alarm I pulled from my car a long time ago, etc..).. That involved me going into my dash and cleaning up wires under there, then I started pulling all the wires from under my dash that weren't doing anything.. lol..

If you've ever read the picture book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie," that's pretty much what I ended up doing. After I was done, I figure I needed to play around with my new camera today, and here are the results. Lemme know what you think, and like the title says, haters are welcome to hate. hahaha

and before any of you say it, I know my rims, front bumper, and hood are beat to ****.. Front bumper due to having hella highway miles, and hood from weather damage due to sitting out exposed to the elements while I was out to sea for months at a time.

Gotta have the photoshop cutaway hood picture

THIS IS COOOOOL please where is a video on how to do this retrofit...I am so going with your advice.

And the engine bay is SMASHING. I still have the standard fittings as it is. Please what adjustment did you do. I would like to do that in my next order. As well as adjustments to the shocks, mine are killing me-too low even though I'm riding on Pirelli 195/70 r14 P4 series.
Old 01-18-2013
Registered!!

emeka_civic_EX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emeka_civic_EX
THIS IS COOOOOL please where is a video on how to do this retrofit...I am so going with your advice.

And the engine bay is SMASHING. I still have the standard fittings as it is. Please what adjustment did you do. I would like to do that in my next order. As well as adjustments to the shocks, mine are killing me-too low even though I'm riding on Pirelli 195/70 r14 P4 series.
Oh yes where can I get a new oil dip stick...the dame head broke off again. Now its lost.
Old 01-18-2013
Brian D

mrsupra is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh man, you made me jealous! Dang that frosty hood is sick!
Old 01-18-2013
Low `n` Slow

NAcaRice is an unknown quantity at this point

I gotsta know... do those hoodpins you got let water pass through to the engine bay? I have standard pins running on the edge but been wondering about changing them out.

Here is what I got, but I have a stainless pair now. In the pic they are my old cheap ones but you get the idea.

Old 01-18-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Still can't get over the ridiculous everythingview mirror lol
Old 01-18-2013
Registered!!

clinton_hedrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Those dyno numbers look like something that would come off of a turbo diesel tractor that is geared to reach 20 mph lol.
Old 01-19-2013
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by mrsupra
Oh man, you made me jealous! Dang that frosty hood is sick!
Lol, I hate how my hood is frosty.. It's just faded to **** carbon fiber.. D:

If you're talking about how it's "transparent," that was done in photoshop

you've been PMed about retrofit bidness.. lol.. And standard fittings... adjustments... wat..?

Oh yes where can I get a new oil dip stick...the dame head broke off again. Now its lost.
try www.hondaautomotiveparts.com or your local honda dealership.. things like this, majestic honda might not be worth the "savings"

Originally Posted by NAcaRice
I gotsta know... do those hoodpins you got let water pass through to the engine bay? I have standard pins running on the edge but been wondering about changing them out.

Here is what I got, but I have a stainless pair now. In the pic they are my old cheap ones but you get the idea.

No water leakage noteworthy, so I've noticed, at least.

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
Still can't get over the ridiculous everythingview mirror lol
I'm about to get rid of it.. It didn't fare well in the Vegas heat and warped and cracked in numerous places. I have an OEM mirror (since my old one broke, hence the wink mirror), and I'm gonna nab a 240mm convex broadway mirror, so it doesn't interfere with my visors (unless someone can show me how to rock a 270mm or 300mm broadway and still have full use of my visors)

Originally Posted by clinton_hedrick
Those dyno numbers look like something that would come off of a turbo diesel tractor that is geared to reach 20 mph lol.
lol.. still better than the stock 110hp (wheel horsepower for a d17a2 MT)
Old 01-19-2013
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm about to get rid of it.. It didn't fare well in the Vegas heat and warped and cracked in numerous places. I have an OEM mirror (since my old one broke, hence the wink mirror), and I'm gonna nab a 240mm convex broadway mirror, so it doesn't interfere with my visors (unless someone can show me how to rock a 270mm or 300mm broadway and still have full use of my visors)
Not a huge fan of the convex.
Gives you a really bad sense of distance, especially parallel parking.

I have 80% usage of my visors with the 300mm :P
Old 01-19-2013
Administrator
Administrator

I don't use my rear view mirror while parallel parking.

do you have pics of your 300mm laying around? or can you show me what the clearance is? the OEM mirror is ~240mm, thats why I was gonna opt for it. The way I have the wink mirror setup, the range of motion is closed to straight down, no more
Old 01-19-2013
Low `n` Slow

NAcaRice is an unknown quantity at this point

ok nice. I get some water, but I dont believe it harms the area it drips onto
Old 01-19-2013
Kenny the Ricer

You can always seal it with clear silicone

Quick Reply: ZOMG LOOK AT MY CAR!! lol.. **HATERS WELCOME**