sdfasdfasdfasdf

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
sdfasdfasdfasdf

It's a violent end to my life as a Honda owner I suppose. Headed to the BMX track with my son and I notice that I have no clutch, it's on the floor. I slow down, let the car stall and pop the hood. The rest is history....

I'm rarely on here and likely won't be anymore as I've really lost touch with most people and I'm no longer a Civic owner. I won't be getting another, so I bid you all farewell and good luck on a great platform that gave me nearly 200k miles.

The last photoshoot of her life and she looked glorious to me the whole time.

I shed tears leaving her for the last time....

Last edited by Rufus; 06-12-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-11-2009
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Re: Fire killed my car tonight.

I've always liked your car. Sad to see it go. What's the list for your next car?
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicSky is an unknown quantity at this point

Really really sorry for your lost! It's even more irritating when you couldn't do anything but watched it burned. If it happened in city, at least you might be able to grab a garden hose or even an extinguisher to put that out. Feel deeply sorry!
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

Street Kings will become famous soon enoughStreet Kings will become famous soon enough

Holllyyy Shiiitt. At first I was like dat's not a big fire. Motor can be replaced but then as I scrolled down my jaw just dropped. Such a clean EM2 R.I.P. And the surrounding looks so deserted, if a gas station etc.. was nearby u cud've had some help and wud've been able to save it.
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about

wow.. speechless... glad you and your son are okay though
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough

damn bro, one of the OG's from 7thgencivic.com, sucks bro - sorry to see you go, your car was nice...
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

how the **** did that happen? o_O. sorry for the loss man. your civic was very clean. RIP
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all

damn man
Old 06-11-2009
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light

wow dude, What caused it? I remember I saw a video online awhile back of the same thing happening to a blue vw gti, sorry you had to experience that I would hate to see my car go up into flames.
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

Retell is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow what a terrible shame, as long as everyone got out safe and you have good insurance. That poor Vic :'(
Old 06-11-2009
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

damn that sucks. i saw the first pic and was like "maybe he'll part out" lol. sad, sad day. id be freaking out if my car caught fire and i couldnt do anything. i +1 for taking pics of the whole thing. good luck with future rides
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

dam dude. that sucks.
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

Wow man, at least i had some pieces of this car in my hands for a little while, too bad i never got around to finishing the boost project. But now my roomate has your old A2 head sitting on our porch so we still have something lol.

Glad you're ok though!
Old 06-11-2009
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL! Holy **** Dallis!! I never realized that DOT 3 was that flammable. Pretty spectacular end to your Honda though. Much better than cutting it up with a sawzall!

Gonna put a fire extinguisher in your G now?
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

wowwwww thats F'ED up to have to watch your baby burn like that . that was a clean civic to . i see you tried to put it out with some bottled water you should have bought a extinguisher. i don't leave home without one.

Last edited by lowlife9; 08-26-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

and we make fun of ricers with fire extingishers..lol they are ready for the worest.
Old 06-11-2009
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

thats really rough man, sorry for ur loss. ill be getting a fire extinguisher for my car now.
Old 06-11-2009
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

that sucks d. Parting out?

j/k...
Old 06-11-2009
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

R.I.P. to a nice em2 . . glad you're okay
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

CanadianCivic02 is an unknown quantity at this point

that really sucks man, sorry for your loss, i would be crying and such if my car caught on fire, no lie.

sorry mang =(
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

Mr. Showtime is an unknown quantity at this point

OH SNAP!!

Glad to hear that no one was hurt.

Oil on the downpipe perhaps? I've heard of this happening to CR-Vs after removing the oil filter. The thought scared the hell out of me when I first changed the oil on the wife's 03 CR-V.
Old 06-11-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

sucks. what happened tho? the clutch fluid caught fire? any plans for a different car?
Old 06-11-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

wow. im sure those pixs dont do justice to what really happened..

im glad that ur ok but sorry to see an OG member going away...

you should pop back in here sometime n show us ur new rides n stuff
Old 06-11-2009
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

Bummers dude, sorry for your loss. I have the same fire extinguisher lowlife has in the car. I think i would kill myself watching my car burn up like that and cant do anything...GL on whatever you get next
Old 06-11-2009
^Warranty voider

Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light

that's taking weight reduction too far....the wheels still look pretty good tho....

look at it this way, catching your car on fire is easier then selling it.....

...sorry trying to get a cheap laugh out of a horrible situation. sorry for your loss.
Old 06-11-2009
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Final timeline

6:50 pull over, pop hood (just smoking)
6:51 gave iPhone to my son to call 911. I start pulling stuff out of the car
6:53 my son yells and says he can't call (too freaked out I presume) so I dialed 911
6:57 I pulled everything out of the car in 4 minutes and took the first pic.
7:04 I run back to the car to grab my wallet in the door
7:05 I run back to grab a 15mm sitting on the false floor so my son can ride his bike
7:06 Flames pop out of the hood
7:07 The entire frontend is engulfed
7:12 Hood melts and bends
7:13 Interior goes up as airbags pop and steerwheel airbag goes about 30ft in the air
7:15 Fire department arrives.
7:17 First water hits car
7:21 Car is completely put out

So that's it. Insurance is moving the car to a different yard and I'll get pics tomorrow. Lady goes "well if we determine it's a loss...". I'm like "hey, there's no interior dude". So I wait for the loss dept to call me before I start listing add ons. Once I get the pics from a kids good camera when it happened I'll make a vid. You guys would trip on how vivid they were. It was like watching sex on fire. I miss my car... a lot.

Ahh memories...
Old 06-11-2009
Premium Member

BTW, State Farm has been great so far. I told them I didn't trust the guys who towed the car so they pulled it to the new yard. Pretty happy so far.
Old 06-11-2009
^Warranty voider

Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light

have you thought about what your next product is?
Old 06-11-2009
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

looks like rear bumper, lip, and tails may have survived lol
Old 06-11-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Damn. Where's a good place to strap an extinguisher?