Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

New HIDs Installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really nice
New HIDs Installed

15000k HIDs.. Everyone has either white or blue so i'd figure i would be different and go with ruby purple.. They dont look that bright cause i have them pointing down a little more so i dont blind people while im driving

Name:  DSC01361.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  83.9 KB

Name:  DSC01362.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  75.9 KB

Name:  DSC01360.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  38.2 KB
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

mdn217 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New HIDs Installed

nice, the purple is different then most HIDs.. where did you get the kit from n how much?
Old 04-05-2009
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

holy glare batman
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

there is a reason people dont get purple a few actually one its gay two bad visibility and three it screams come on police pull me over and bang me in the azz i think thats about it.that color is for show not for the road.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-05-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

Honda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really nice

Lol yeah maybe its screams bang me in the *** cops please where you live.. Laws are different in FL.. I have great visibility im not sure how bad your eyes are.. Plus id rather have something different.. There just lights bro nothing gay about it..
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mdn217
nice, the purple is different then most HIDs.. where did you get the kit from n how much?
I had an extra ballast left over so i bought another ballast off ebay and it works great.. I got the bulbs off of intensehid.com.. Which they sell kits for 105 with free shipping unless you get yellow or purple its 5 extra bucks
Old 04-05-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

nice color. where is the glare? i think theyre dim enough that they wont bother anyone from that first pic he posted.
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

When i had them raised up a little bit and stood back kinda far they were bright as ****.. when i moved them down, it wasnt a problem
Old 04-05-2009
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

They're not that bad I like it. I'm about to get my 10k hid's in soon
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy
They're not that bad I like it. I'm about to get my 10k hid's in soon
i used to have 10k when i had my projectors
Old 04-06-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mdn217
yea we call that rice....and rice to the max.

purple hid have so little light output and purple is a COMPLETLY useless light for visibility.

if ur goal was show, i would have gotten like 10000k
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Im not exactly sure what you people consider rice but in my opinion rice is something everyone has, like i dunno lets see the type r front lip you can get of ebay.. that **** is rice cause everyone has it and there cheap as ****. Oh also the cars with the type r lip and sides and no rear, i mean come on and i got you people saying my lights are rice.. there just ****ing lights holy ****. I have something barley anyone has so there for is different and not rice.. Im not trying to blind people on the road. if i can see whats in front of me and on the sides then im good to go.. Some of you people telling they dont put out much light, HELLO im the one who has them on the car im pretty sure i how much light output there is so dont tell me something stupid like that..

Last edited by Honda05; 04-06-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-06-2009
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

any picture of reflective headlights looks like glare... lol
Old 04-06-2009

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Honda05
I can see just fine out of them.. Even in the pouring rain at night.. no problems at all.. Yeah its sooo rice when barley anyone even has them.. If you dont like them tough ****..
hahahha ur the one that asked for our opinions man. dont get offended if half of us doesnt like it and half do.

'n no one has em because not many people want purple.....most people get like 10000k beaus its blue and JDM.....yo
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
hahahha ur the one that asked for our opinions man. dont get offended if half of us doesnt like it and half do.

'n no one has em because not many people want purple.....most people get like 10000k beaus its blue and JDM.....yo
i dont mind your opinion just the fact when you call it rice kinda gets under my skin.. when all it is, is just lights.. then your telling me it doesnt put out much light, when im one who has them on the car and im pretty sure i can just fine with no problems

Last edited by Honda05; 04-06-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-06-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

seriously its headlights. if you can see well enough to not drive off the road, i think its fine. his car is far from rice. and having too much light is a bad thing too i know from experience.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by LT2004ever
any picture of reflective headlights looks like glare... lol
hahaha, no
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
seriously its headlights. if you can see well enough to not drive off the road, i think its fine. his car is far from rice. and having too much light is a bad thing too i know from experience.
thank you.. you are the only one who sees that
Old 04-06-2009

^well, you can ask just about anyone and they will tell you its rice. its purple man.... rice doesnt mean its bad....its just rice.... like my car is riced, but its clean rice (for the most part)

and as for the output of 15k, they are close to 1000-1500Lm a bulb. stock bulbs are 700-1200Lm.

and as for the "useful light comment" purple-ish light is very useless to our eyes, when it comes to "seeing" the road. if you go on HIDplanet or do some simple research you will see what i mean.

4000k-6000k is most pleasant to our eyes (its simple facts) and is the most useful viewing output.

im just trying to tell u about ur 15k color. ive done over 15 retrofits andd know almost everything there is to know about hid lighting n output.
Old 04-06-2009

Originally Posted by gearbox
too much light is not a bad thing. improper light positioning and adjustments is a bad thing.

if ur lights are correctly aligned, running 50w TSX projectors will not get you one flash..... my gf's accord hasnt gotten flashed once.
Old 04-06-2009
Premium Member

a big bright field of light in front of you and your eye pupils will close up so you can't see anything beyond your light beam. its dangerous. and yeah hid projectors are worse than hid kits when you are constantly flashing people with light below the cutoff as you drive up and down hills.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

depotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura about

wow.

Bash thread!

I think they look good. IMO
I was just thinking to my self the other day that there are a lot of people on the road now with blue *** lights....some aimed wrong some glaring some that only have one bulb working...That is ghey!

Everyone and their mother's want blue lights now.....!!!!

Shyt. It made me take my 8k off and go oem 4k ,
Old 04-06-2009
Premium Member

to be honest i get blinded more often by oem hids than i do by hid kits. i rarely even see kits very much and when i do it not any worse than other cars ive seen.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

youngjosh12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah dude, these look cool. Idk why everyone is freaking out. I know in ohio i would def get pulled over for them, but if the cops are cool in FL than dude, more power too ya. I think they look good, and different is a good thing, and its not rice, imo, it might not be my style, but i think it still looks clean man. I like my 12K's, and i have mine angled down, probably more than you too, i need to raise them a little, i guess im not a truck and i dont gotta worry about gettin people too bad! lol

*Do your own thing, and dont bash if its his style, im sure ya'll got somethin he could prob bash you guys for too, so just be more chill ya'll!*
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

its not rice i dont know what it is its like the new under glow.bottem line is as cool as it looks its not functional why would you pay money to have less visibility .and as soon as everybody riding around with pink and purple lights its onley a matter of time before it gets banned.
Old 04-06-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by youngjosh12
Yeah dude, these look cool. Idk why everyone is freaking out. I know in ohio i would def get pulled over for them, but if the cops are cool in FL than dude, more power too ya. I think they look good, and different is a good thing, and its not rice, imo, it might not be my style, but i think it still looks clean man. I like my 12K's, and i have mine angled down, probably more than you too, i need to raise them a little, i guess im not a truck and i dont gotta worry about gettin people too bad! lol

*Do your own thing, and dont bash if its his style, im sure ya'll got somethin he could prob bash you guys for too, so just be more chill ya'll!*
Yeah the cops here dont give a **** about it.. they only care about speeding, drunk driving and red or blue neons.. if i do get pulled over it will be a none moving violation anyways so no points on the license and i would have 3months to pay the ticket.. Thanks for the comment bro.. so far only you and gearbox understand where im coming from
Old 04-07-2009
Registered!!

02_civiclx is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to get a 10k but what you got is nice and it if works well in your area that is even better. Cali laws sucks just like the gun laws we have.
Old 04-07-2009

Originally Posted by depotcivic
wow.

Bash thread!
haha no no no..... not bashing....

this is a "discussion" and we're trying to keep it civil...
Old 04-07-2009
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Honda05
i dont mind your opinion just the fact when you call it rice kinda gets under my skin.. when all it is, is just lights.. then your telling me it doesnt put out much light, when im one who has them on the car and im pretty sure i can just fine with no problems
Don't mind him. He calls everything out as rice. Rice is all he knows. Its in his blood.

Purple is kind of fruity but if it works for you it works for you.
Old 04-07-2009
Registered!!

Just trying to be different from everyone else.. thats all

Quick Reply: New HIDs Installed