Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

fixed up the ride a bit

Old 08-15-2010
skate or die

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Re: fixed up the ride a bit

Geezer thread still strong. I think Gearbox personifies commitment in his 7th gen civic.
Old 08-15-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

hey guys does anyone know where i can get this radio trim setup? it comes on overseas civics and has single din type setup for aftermarket decks and a rectangle pocket underneath. i guess i mainly need the pocket. the bezel looks very similar to the SE trim. im trying to find a way to put back the alpine deck i have but not unless i can securely mount it and not have any sagging that happens with the aftermarket pieces. i think if i got the SE climate bezel i could fit the deck in, but then i would need a lower pocket piece. is that a universal single din pocket and any ideas where to find one?

check here towards the bottom. they make these in LHD too...

http://asia.vtec.net/article/CivicRX/

Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jsmithe2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

What, no WHITE facials?
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jsmithe2010
What, no WHITE facials?
I see what you did there.
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

jsmithe2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
I see what you did there.
No-no-no. Didn't mean anything other than I think white gauges are the sure fire thing to make one's car looks good, classy, sporty, at a cheap$. I mean ppl immediately go for big wheels, skinny tires, body kit blah-blah, but I think white gauges transform any car instantly to something special.
Old 08-21-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

soooo...i couldnt stand the boring stock deck anymore and decided to throw the alpine back in. what a difference in sound even without any tweeters or amp. i used a new metal cage and metra dash kit, it still sags but not terrible like before. the alpine looks so much better lol. so looks like i need to grab an ainet/ipod adapter now.
Old 11-21-2010
Premium Member

bump for my new fixing projects

-removed rear window tint, now need to remove all the glue. biggest headache ever. it took 30 mins to do the top 1 inch strip lol. im tempted to remove the sides too idk. the rear was really bad and peeling from everywhere. the sides are pretty good except the small corner windows. so for now sides are staying til i figure out a better way to remove it.

-i have most of the interior taken apart and will be doing alot of foaming to fill in gaps and stop rattles. this cars rattles so much in the winter i cant stand it.i will post some pics as i get stuff done. it sucks cause its so cold outside and these glues and stuff need warm weather. its smelling too much to bring in the house.
Old 11-21-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gearbox
-removed rear window tint, now need to remove all the glue. biggest headache ever. it took 30 mins to do the top 1 inch strip lol.
Some of the best money I've spent recently: http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-wa...112-96289.html
Old 11-21-2010
Premium Member

good idea, but im afraid of cracking the glass when its 20F in the garage. i picked the worst time ever to start this stuff. even the glass stripper isnt working. takes tons of rubbing before it finally starts to come off.
Old 11-21-2010
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

They make propane heaters for indoors now. Maybe set one up in the garage to get the temp up some then use the heat gun. Just throwin out ideas.
Old 11-22-2010
Premium Member

i got the top 50% of the rear window done! its really hard work and the bottom will be even tougher cause its so hard to reach. i took off all the trims and still its very time consuming. easiest way i found is to use glass stripper and a gift card to scrape at it. i wish it came off in one piece, but there are many "layers" i have to keep scraping before i get it off. but its getting there!

i also found out silicone sucks for holding parts on the trim pieces. i have to redo the 3rd brake assembly which came off when i ripped the deck lid out, and also the door markers with wiring. the silicone just peeled off like it wasnt even there lol. so im experimenting with plumbers goop on the door and lets see if it holds well enough. im prolly using plastic weld on the deck lid brake light. so far its not going well. i also found out breaking the defroster means no more radio. not a big loss lol. does this mean i can pull the defrost fuse? i dont want power going thru those wires if theres nothing to connect to.

i did get a chance to wire up the new led plate lights. these are using 6500k nichia superflux (50ma and 20 lumens each). i used 3 per side which is about 1w total power use. im not too happy with the color, its a bit too purple white compared to the hids. but for now it should do til i can locate some warmer ones. the pics dont show the purple, theyre actually more colorful than this but can still pass for white.

Name:  nichia20lmledrtolp-3.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  19.5 KB

Name:  nichia20lmledrtolp-2.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  25.2 KB
Old 11-23-2010
Premium Member

finally got the whole rear window cleaned off. need to spray it with invisible glass to get all the stripper residue, but its pretty much done. now i can start to vacuum all those hundreds of glue pieces lol. i put some bigger screws in the rear speakers since the small ones were loose. i think i will just keep those old ones in there. theyre as old as the car and kinda worn out, but i dont listen to music much anymore.

also ordered a new "filament" 3rd brake light and plan to replace the led version i have now. mostly to match the tails, but also so it holds in place better.

edit: most of the defrost lines seem to be sanded away from the inside. but from outside there is still barely enough left that it looks normal orange lines. i doubt they wouldve worked anyway. moral of the story, there is a very good chance of tearing off the lines, even with the heat method cause then you may pull them right off. with the cold method and scraping glue off, theres less of a chance. but its pretty much sanded to nothing. if i really got bored i suppose i could just shave all the lines off. it looks like im really close.

Last edited by gearbox; 11-23-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-24-2010
Premium Member

finished cleaning rear glass, and cleaned up the rear deck parts. covered up some more holes (already has a layer of dynamat) and put butyl around the rear speakers to seal them in. they still sound good altho very beat up looking lol. radio works! i forgot the antenna plugs in at the top of the window so its not tied in with defroster. as soon as the majestic order gets here with new brake light and clips, i should be able to put the deck back. i used butyl around many of the rattling plastics to keep them tight. i still need to figure a way of attaching the door marker lights. im thinking some type of rectangle clamp bracket that can be attached from inside idk. still trying to figure out how to foam the panels. and i need to fix a few stripped threads in the rear seat parts.
Old 11-30-2010
Premium Member

been slowly making progress but broke a bunch of stuff and majestic takes forever to ship. im waiting for 3 orders right now lol. then i should be able to finally start putting stuff back together. ive been mostly fixing alot of old wiring and stupid crap i did long time ago. and rewiring/soldering. my iron broke at the worst time so i had to grab another, i think most of the rewire is done and its waiting for parts to come. car sounds so noisy with the front door panels off. i also removed some stuff im not using. i need to figure out if its possible to tap my alarm to the turn signals instead of park lights. the best buy guy says no, but i think its a simple matter of tapping the hazard light switch. still working on that.
Old 12-15-2010
Premium Member

should be getting the car back from body shop today, they are fixing and repainting rear fender lip (rust). i have most of the car back together including door panels and rear deck. i made sure to add more foam tape to replace the old stuff and covered alot of the holes. also installed back the filament 3rd brake lens with raybrig bulb and finished the wiring for that. its nice and bright! speakers were screwed down more secure and sealed around the edges with butyl. today the center console goes back and the srs covers. i really needed a new center console but its too expensive for now almost 100. i have alot of scratch on the sides of mine but otherwise not too bad.

the rest of the stuff like plastidip for the pillars will have to wait til summer. same with repainting drums/rotors. and removing rest of the window tint. which i may keep for a while. you guys think it would look okay with only side window tint? no front/rear windshields? should be getting some pics soon once i clean the car.

Last edited by gearbox; 12-15-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-15-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

good work gear. how much did it end up costing you?

[thread jack]
on a side note, i finished retrofitting today.

it took me 2hrs from baking the headlights to reinstalling them.

it is literally like replacing a light bulbs: plug the projector in, put the shroud on, and bam. done. 2hrs!!!!

Name:  IMG01062-20101215-1315.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  88.8 KB

ill post more pixs up later. imma go hit the gym. n let the glue/silicone stuff dry.

[/thread jack]
Old 12-15-2010
Premium Member

only paid around 120 for the body work. its a bargain. that retro looks so nice, but isnt the shroud gonna hit the cover? you may need to trim it. now you got me thinking. i have a pair of oem lights in the garage, a $160 retrofitsource credit, hmm lol. not that i would ever give up my tyc retro, but still.
Old 12-15-2010

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

only paid around 120 for the body work. its a bargain. that retro looks so nice, but isnt the shroud gonna hit the cover? you may need to trim it. now you got me thinking. i have a pair of oem lights in the garage, a $160 retrofitsource credit, hmm lol. not that i would ever give up my tyc retro, but still.
my personal opinion is ur original OEM retro was the best looking. so clean.

im not a fan of the TYC becaues there are too much stuff going on. a lil too ricey for me (who am i to call anything rice tho? lol)

and yes, i shave a little bit more at the top. =]

///edit [add]

Name:  IMG01063-20101215-1419.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  97.8 KB

not too shabby.

Last edited by sl33pyriceboi; 12-15-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-15-2010
Premium Member

looks good. got my car back and omg, im in for another painstaking detail job like last time. every square inch of paint, glass, and plastic is covered in thick body shop dust/overspray. and not the kind you can wipe off, the kind you have to polish off an inch at a time with chemicals ftl. every panel i touch is like rubbing sandpaper.
Old 12-15-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I kinda have a thing for detailing my car, I've spent way to much on products from high end detailing shops...
Old 12-15-2010

looks good. got my car back and omg, im in for another painstaking detail job like last time. every square inch of paint, glass, and plastic is covered in thick body shop dust/overspray. and not the kind you can wipe off, the kind you have to polish off an inch at a time with chemicals ftl. every panel i touch is like rubbing sandpaper.
y not complain to the shop? they're not suppose to let that happened.
Old 12-16-2010
Premium Member

um ive never been to a body shop that offers free detailing lol. but at least it was nowhere near as bad as last time where the whole interior was covered in dust too. i spent some time tonight with claymagic and did a quick overall job on the paint. its already feeling smooth and i need to go over some panels again tomorrow before polish and wax.

i had a mini meet at autozone tonight when i was buying the clay bar. a bunch of peeps came around and starting checking my car out and we ended up talking for a while in freezing weather. im not sure why they were so impressed lol but they especially loved the clean tyc headlights haha. and i gave this one girl some free crash damage estimates for her 8thgen. her whole door is messed and part of the rear panel has deep scratch with paint coming off. i think the best time to goto autozone is at night near closing time. thats when the normal people go. during the day its pretty wack.
Old 12-16-2010

did u get her number gear?!?!
Old 12-16-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Dude, free crash damage estimates is my pick-up line..
Old 12-16-2010
Premium Member

hahaha nah i didnt want to ask for a number, altho i wish i gave her this website. i think we need to get some business cards made so we have something to give out and pull in more traffic (she had a ring on the wedding finger btw guys lol, and im no homewrecker ).
Old 12-16-2010

hahaha nah i didnt want to ask for a number, altho i wish i gave her this website. i think we need to get some business cards made so we have something to give out and pull in more traffic (she had a ring on the wedding finger btw guys lol, and im no homewrecker ).

i was thinking the same thing. making flyers and passing it out at school...or putting it on civics in the parking lot.

and gear, a lot of girls wear that ring on the finger for a reason...even tho they're not married.

theres an old saying: "girls date the bad ones, but marry the good ones."

ur a good guy n smart enough to notice that ring. bad guys would have gotten her number anyways, ring or not.

just for the reference, when i met my gf, she wore a ring on her wedding finger. lol i was like PLEASE...

...and she still wears it to this day to not get hit on. i tell her all the time "woman take that off, we're not married. i dont have my lotus exige yet"

i digress.
Old 12-16-2010
I log in from time to time

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold

GEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRBBBOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXX X

Hi.

From an old guy.
Old 12-17-2010

Originally Posted by dirtySAMURAI

Hi.

From an old guy.
holy crap. i remember you.
Old 12-17-2010
Premium Member

i dont know why ppl are so interested in my car lol. everyone always commenting ooh so clean and they love my $90 konig rims and those craptastic fuzion tires. i dont get it with the tires! i hate them so much and everyone else loves em. just yesterday body shop guy comments "wow those are really aggressive looking tires" im thinking in my head, um no they barely grip dry road. i should just throw em away. and i think another one has a slow leak now too. the curse continues lol.
Old 12-17-2010
Premium Member

did you see all his recent post on hidplanet? enjoying his bmw with clear lens swaps

Originally Posted by dirtySAMURAI

Hi.

From an old guy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fixed up the ride a bit