Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

fixed up the ride a bit

Old 12-29-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
fixed up the ride a bit

there are some little things ive been meaning to do, and i got most of it done finally. heres a quick story lol.

cleaned up my headlamp lenses, installed stock 168 bulbs and 7443 natural amber. also fixed my turn signal drl wiring.

polished the intake

the DC battery tie

and the DC jet coated header. im shocked it came back almost like new

and finally the oem metal door sills

didnt like how dim the sidemarkers were, so i went out and found the best and brightest natural amber wy5w bulbs made by toshiba from the vw dealer. $10 per pair

replaced my old beat up switches with new low profile ones from radioshack...

one switch is for led pods under each seat...

the other switch for the extra red-orange led park light

also polished up the tail lamps

painted my black lip kit screws satin silver to match the car...

painted the top trim of the radio faceplate a smoke color, and the trim ring flat black to match the dash better

replaced chrome trim door handles with 2001 civic color matched versions

blacked out projector fog lights with yellow H3 bulbs

new flat style license plate with DNA hologram and new reg sticker!

my brake lights were too dim, so i upgraded them with polarg lens type 7443 bulbs with a built-in focusing lens on the tip.

They "appear" a ton brighter than stock and now match the intensity of my LED 3rd brake light. $40 a pair but well worth it. the outer piece is now brighter than the stock 168 bulb inner piece.

so i had to change the inner bulb to the brightest raybrig w5w hyper clear bulb. it now fills out the whole lens and matches the polarg bulbs.

and finally, i found a 2003 EX gauge cluster with exactly the same mileage as my car! i have a new plastic cover on order waiting to go on.

Old 12-29-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97EK will become famous soon enough
Re: fixed up the ride a bit

Nice work! Car is looking great as always.
Old 12-29-2008
Registered!!

MIVtec is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice looking touch ups, I am especially impressed with your attention to detail. Keep up the quality work.
Old 12-29-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

*giggle* steve has fake CF.... ricer... u almost as bad as me.....almost......HAHAHAHHA jk man. ur car so dang clean is disgusting...
Old 12-29-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

projector fogs.. thats a first, great work
Old 12-29-2008
Registered!!

jdmplease is an unknown quantity at this point

whatt ! fogs look sick
Old 12-29-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
*giggle* steve has fake CF.... ricer... u almost as bad as me.....almost......HAHAHAHHA jk man. ur car so dang clean is disgusting...
haha but its OEM!
Old 12-29-2008
Registered!!

Vinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trusted

Where did you buy the dc battery bar? I cant seem to find those anymore.
Old 12-29-2008
Registered!!

EnvyX will become famous soon enough

Wow looking great as always, Gear.
Old 12-30-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

how do you like your head unit
Old 12-30-2008
Registered!!

qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all

great fix!!
Old 12-30-2008
Registered!!

BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light

Lookin good man. Im hammered. But still...Good.

Edit: dont remember this...Still lookin good though.

Last edited by BJanzen; 12-30-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-30-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Gear, where did you get the color match door handles from and for how much. i need to change all of mine. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

oh yea cars looking good as always.
Old 12-30-2008
Premium Member

DC tie bar is way old, paid almost 50 for it at the time too. crazy but they last forever. i havent seen em anywhere recently.

i love the alpine 9847, its almost 4 yrs old and still going strong altho the faceplate is badly scratched. for a sub $200 basic deck, it works awesome. sounds unlike any other brand ive tried. and it perfectly matches my interior lighting with white led display and amber led buttons.

door handles i got from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com they are from the 2001 civic sedan, you just pick the color. theres this one i think graphite and then a tan color. i think i paid $35 for all four and some extra hardware to fix one of my broken locks. not that much at all. the handles already come with the plastic door rod holders. i got new plastic pieces for them also that cover the two screws underneath.
Old 12-30-2008
Registered!!

thanks gear... i'm gonna get those next.. the damn fake chrome shyt is peeling and cut my wife a while back. it's gotta get changed or else she may kick my ***...lol.
Old 12-30-2008
Registered!!

hey gear do you know exactly how getting new door locks (for the exterior) work? i'm just curious how would it work since i need a new one also but my key? what does honda do? thanks again!
Old 12-30-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Gear! Looks very nice. Everything is very clean.
Old 12-30-2008
Premium Member

you get the new front right and left handles with the lock cylinders, and also a new one for the ignition. AND the new key has to be coded to the ecu immobilizer. if your key doesnt turn the outside door lock anymore, i would suggest just getting keyless entry. its gonna cost a ton to get all new locks and flash the key.

Originally Posted by filipinop1405
hey gear do you know exactly how getting new door locks (for the exterior) work? i'm just curious how would it work since i need a new one also but my key? what does honda do? thanks again!
Old 12-30-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

looking good, some nice little touch ups here and there.
Old 12-30-2008
Registered!!

mule69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good. A few ?s...

1. How do you keep you engine bay looking so sharp and what do you use to clean it.

2. Is that the DC 4-1 header and how does the motor run with it (better/worse/same).

3. What did you use to polish the headlight, I just searched but didnt find anything.

Muchas gracias

Last edited by mule69; 12-30-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-30-2008
Premium Member

engine bay is not as clean as it looks, but i try and keep up. alot of painting stuff when it gets rusty, or replacing bolts and nuts. metal polish helps for some stuff, otherwise just use a degreaser and then some plastic protectants. dont go nuts and spray everything, just take your time with a cloth and wipe things down.

yeah its DC sports header that was sent to jethot.com for sterling coating. the header is exactly the same size and shape as the stock piece, i mainly got it for looks. it performs the same as stock, and the coating keeps heat in a bit better.

if your headlight is cloudy or yellowed, there is some chemical on ebay thats supposed to clean it up. dont use the sandpaper kits, it will just cause more problem. if theyre not too bad, meguiars plastX will work to make them shiny. i used it on the tails too and they are as shiny as the paint now.
Old 12-31-2008
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough

hmm i got an ebay cheapie header and the runners were considerably larger than stock.. altho it was chrome, its now discolored, and i did feel a slight difference.. well worth the $65... LOL only time will tell if the welds hold
Old 12-31-2008
Premium Member

heh i had one too a while back. imo, its waste. the huge ports will just slow down the airflow. the stock header is already perfectly matched to the head.
Old 12-31-2008
JJJ
Registered!!

JJJ is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, great ride gearbox, love the cleaning up you did...you plan on keeping ur ride for a while longer?? I've got an 02 with 74k on it and I just did some cleaning up on my ride too....good work btw.
Old 12-31-2008
Premium Member

yeah i hope it lasts for a while. i plan to keep it as long as i can. it still has some issues, the rear main seal is seeping oil all over the bottom of the car, but its not bad enough to drip on the ground. i need to get that fixed ($600), and maybe rebuild the trans in the future. overall after 7 yrs its still running great for the most part. it needs a new paint job too there is rust starting to form in the wheel well fenders and alot of rock chips all over. but it still looks decent for now.
Old 12-31-2008
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gearbox
heh i had one too a while back. imo, its waste. the huge ports will just slow down the airflow. the stock header is already perfectly matched to the head.
well how come i seem to have picked up some midrange torque? if you get a well designed header i will help out so long as you have supporting mods.. i.e. more open exhaust.. i have a stock exhaust, but i have a 2.5" test pipe which seems to make more of a difference now

and yes i do agree that you can go too big but if you look closely at the stock exhaust manifold, the holes in the flange immediately get restricted about another 1/4" from what the head is, at least thats what i noticed, as the exhaust runners are INSIDE the ports on the manifold and not flush with the ports, which if it were, it would be a lot smoother in power, the new one i got the ports on the flange are the same as stock, but the runners are the same I.D. than the ports, so they are a lot larger than stock, but still retain the stock port size

and i do feel like a cheapskate, but i cant justify paying $200 for just a sticker on the stock exhaust manifold
Old 12-31-2008
Premium Member

i guess it depends on the other mods then. and yes the main reason i went with the dc is the stock header had some weird blockage around the pipes, looked like carbon buildup but now i think its actually the design, where it shrinks. the dc was not like that and perfectly matched the head. i think i paid 100 for the header and another 150 for the coating. but im happy with it. i wouldnt have bought new one tho cause the stock coating sucks.
Old 12-31-2008
Registered!!

civicplaya will become famous soon enoughcivicplaya will become famous soon enough

How did you clean up the headlamp lenses? My driver's side one is really, faded almost, and wondering how you did that.
Old 12-31-2008
Premium Member

try meguiars plastX. do you have pics of yours? also does anyone know how to polish the cd player faceplates? mine is so scratched and everything i try seems to make it worse.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fixed up the ride a bit