Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

manahoonie's crappy photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
manahoonie's crappy photoshoot

yea yea yea..... I'm thread whoring gearbox's title, but i've been itching for a meet, and / or a get together...

inspired by first the JDM 7th gens, and then gearbox's pic thread... i went out today and snapped a few of my own ES. (hope you don't mind gearbox!)

(please leave the comments about lowering and rims to yourself...eventually i'll put something on there)

(radio bezel could use a little respray, since i put the SE radio in back in January, and the stock radio had rubbed the bottom edge a little)

Last edited by manahoonie; 10-12-2008 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really nice
Re: manahoonie's crappy photoshoot

hey its a start
Old 10-12-2008

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

well, i'm just not one to go jump out there and start buying up parts for my car... if i want to change something, i usuallly search around quite a bit to find what's available, then wait for a price i like...already kind of settled on Tokico shocks...

Neuspeed Front Upper Strut
Neuspeed Front Lower X-Brace
Honda CTR Rear Upper Strut
EP/DC Side Marker Lights
TDM Red-White Taillights
Honda Access Window Visors
Gunmetal Headlights
RS Grille
04-05 Special Edition Radio
Ebay Fogs (w/ Lexan DIY)
TDM Power Folding Mirrors

(lower grille for preventing pebbles denting the radiator...section of highway was getting work done on it for year and a half...always had pebbles denting it)

Last edited by manahoonie; 10-12-2008 at 03:38 AM.
Old 10-12-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

nice head unit
Old 10-12-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

looks very stock
Old 10-12-2008

Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
looks very stock
what do you think i need to do to not make it look stock?

Last edited by manahoonie; 10-12-2008 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-12-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

icedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really nice

Originally Posted by manahoonie
well, i'm just not one to go jump out there and start buying up parts for my car... if i want to change something, i usuallly search around quite a bit to find what's available, then wait for a price i like...already kind of settled on Tokico shocks...

Neuspeed Front Upper Strut
Neuspeed Front Lower X-Brace
Honda CTR Rear Upper Strut
EP/DC Side Marker Lights
TDM Red-White Taillights
Honda Access Window Visors
Gunmetal Headlights
RS Grille
04-05 Special Edition Radio
Ebay Fogs (w/ Lexan DIY)
TDM Power Folding Mirrors

(lower grille for preventing pebbles denting the radiator...section of highway was getting work done on it for year and a half...always had pebbles denting it)
we've all been at or continue to be at the point where we research and research and try things out, then not like it, and research some more. so you're on the right path and it looks like you got a nice a bunch of parts ready to get on when the price and time is right. +1 for not rushing..
Old 10-12-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

looks nice overall. is that a REAL rs grill? lol it looks like it. i think tinted windows, painted hood and trunk trim, and painted side mirrors would bring it together.
Old 10-12-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

car looks good. i like your part choices so far; they are very clean and subtle, making it look stock without being too stock. nice work.
Old 10-12-2008

Originally Posted by gearbox
looks nice overall. is that a REAL rs grill? lol it looks like it. i think tinted windows, painted hood and trunk trim, and painted side mirrors would bring it together.
- RS Grill -
i never DID check to see... i kind of doubt it though, it was one i got for free a while back and didn't have the RS emblem on it. someone already had one on their car, and a friend gave it to them to give away...it already had a quick ssm paint job on it (brush strokes), and my Honda bodyshop offered to paint it if I took it off. So i did one time while car was in the shop (i was at Subaru dealership at time, part of same autogroup) The emblem I got off ebay, and I just need to repaint the red edge on it, road trip chipped off most of the red.

- Tinted Windows -

most likely going to happen this coming spring...

- Trim -

have been thinking about going out to the 'yards and see 'what's out there'.... If i see a coupe with them, i'll probably snag them....

- Mirrors -

I asked the Honda Bodyshop about them when they were going to do my grill, but they were saying how the paint doesn't adhere that well to that type of plastic, and that a little rock chip would cause it to flake off a bit more than usual... but then again, i don't know if they use the stuff like we found through here that allows the paint to bond better to them. If you see a RX-8, tap their side mirrors with your nail, they sound the same, s should be the same type of plastic... I want to get them painted...so thinking eh, screw it, and i'll get them done...i can do it myself, but i only have the paint i used on my dash...not the M in SSM...
Old 10-12-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

what do you think i need to do to not make it look stock?
good to see your still at it morgan. maybe start with rims?
Old 10-12-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

which mirrors are those?
Old 10-12-2008

Originally Posted by jamis33
which mirrors are those?
there was a Group Buy a while back on here (or was it 7thgencivic then...). I got them and the tails from that... I like them not only because they're folding / breakaway (CAN fold, just need to hook that up) but the driver's mirror is convex like the passenger side ones are... so i have less of a blind spot on that side. But they look like JDM/TDM style... if they were actual JDM/TDM, we probably would have been able to get them painted factory, but they weren't...
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

looks good so far
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

any pic of the neuspeed front lower x brace on the car?? just want to see how is looks like for clearance issues
Old 10-13-2008

Originally Posted by slowwhitecivic
any pic of the neuspeed front lower x brace on the car?? just want to see how is looks like for clearance issues
yeah, i'm getting some more pics here in a little bit....of the parts and all that I put on.... CHECK BACK!
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

will do sir
Old 10-13-2008

Bars

here's the pics of my strut bars and such... i just threw in the upper strut, even though everyone and their grandma's know what a Neuspeed upper strut looks like

Front Upper Strut (yea yea yea, engine's stock, but it got me across the country and back just the same! )

Front Lower X-Brace (yes, i've found my share of parking curbs...not speed bumps that i recall....but one or two 'dips' in road with a hill immediately after...at a little speed too)

Rear Upper Strut (purchased from a company in Canada that imports JDM parts...all parts came in HONDA packaging w/ part numbers) appears grey either from dust off back of trunk carpeting, or overspray from body shop painting after repairs from being rear-ended.

current reason for not being lowered: (driveway)

(and that's with the trunk empty, and no one in the car!)

Last edited by manahoonie; 10-14-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-14-2008
Registered!!

damn ...that mean i cant install the x bar on my car lol...i would hate to drive up ur driveway lol
Old 10-14-2008

phone's 4 inches tall, so the bottom of the bar is somewhere around 5.5 inches off the ground...
there's a double-X made by D3....but i have heard recently that they discontinued it or something....
i was glad to get my x-brace from neuspeed before they raised their prices!

the driveway's not too bad... there's a small sidewalk along the street in front of my house that i'm able to park on. It's just in front of our house too...parking for guests i guess? I just have to park in the driveway on trash-nights...

the thing that sucks more is the squirrels and pine trees! I have a few dimples on my roof from pinecones, either loosened by squirrels or weather :P

Last edited by manahoonie; 10-14-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

sk8erelemnts will become famous soon enough

saw your car on sunday... its a nice start. i really like your window visors and side mirrors. i was the one you came up to first when you asked if we were from 7thgenhonda. i was actually hanging out with my other crew (Astig), they were the ones parked across from me near the water.
Old 11-19-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Bars

current reason for not being lowered: (driveway)

(and that's with the trunk empty, and no one in the car!)
haha you cheater! trying to make ur car look low! ahhahah well, if you drive a low car, you would go stright into that driveway....you'd go at an angle....
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Bars

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
haha you cheater! trying to make ur car look low! ahhahah well, if you drive a low car, you would go stright into that driveway....you'd go at an angle....
exactly...that drive way is not anywhere near steep. that driveway is actually pretty good since it gradually goes up. If you were to go at an angle, you have no problem at all even if your car was slammed.

- you're driving it straight up, no DUH it will do that.
Old 11-19-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i hated my old driveway it would go up and then back down at the end so there was a big triangle hump basically lol. even at almost parallel angles i would still scrape the exhaust.
Old 11-20-2008
Registered!!

ampong has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Great lookin' car huh! So neat and sexy car.
Old 11-20-2008
Registered!!

01_EM2 can only hope to improve

car looks very nice so far. its nice and clean start dont let ne one tell you other wise
Old 11-20-2008

thanks guys... (and girls, if there's any posting )

yeah, i am in no rush to mod my car... i plan on having it for a while :P

angling into the driveway isn't quite as easy as you would think... if i did that, there isn't enough room to angle back...three cars park in the driveway on trash nights, and one leaves earlier in the morning than i do, after the trash truck, but before the recycle truck...

so i CAN lower it, but it'd be more of a hassle...parking by angling and all. (my mom HAS hit my pass. rear door before...IN the driveway with her bumper...

so i'll wait on the lowering for now... just my reasoning tells me that it can wait. like i said...i plan on having the car for a while (unless some douche decides to hit me and total my car )

Last edited by manahoonie; 11-20-2008 at 11:15 PM.