Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

116 hp N/A fail! :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute
116 hp N/A fail! :(

So today I went to Jeff Evans to tune my car stage 3 cam jdm fabtech intake mani megan race headers cat delete, kpro and some other stuff.

So first wheel stud spins so can't get off lug with out chisle and drill.

then dyno tune get like 116 hp take it off the dyno's for street tune take it on the highway for one high end pass? get off the highway starts make noise pull over check some **** limp it to the shop pukl the valve cover nothing wrong there drop the oil pan copper shavings in the bottom toasted the bearing FTW! !!!!!!!!!!

took bus to philly sitting in bar drunk hoooray beeeeeeeeer!!!!!!

p.s. drinking my way back to d.c.
Old 09-10-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: 116 hp N/A fail! :(

Wow, thats ****ed up. What the hell?
Old 09-10-2008
I like my commute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

ohhh man that sucks get hammered and worry about it tomorrow
Old 09-10-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

what a shitty post..

I guess he dyno tuned and only got to 116whp..

Then blew a bearing on the street

poor guy.. drink awayyy
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

dam all that for 116whp...dam that really sucks...
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

sucks man... something must really have been going wrong during the tune... even the stage 2 cams put out that much... really hope this doesnt discourage you too much... hope it works out man
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry for the crappy luck; most depressing post i have read in a while.
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

skatejosh369 will become famous soon enough

wow that sucks for sure
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

We need to start him a beer fund. Someone set it up. I'll donate some money.

Bomer: I hope this doesn't spoil the whole NA thing. I enjoy seeing updates about your progress.
Old 09-10-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

There's some spare turbo parts in my garage..... I'm sure andy has the rest

(PS... I do actually have a spare set of EX pistons and rods)
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

there's kswaps at hmotorsonline with your name on it...
Old 09-11-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

i didnt really get this post except of the first paragraph. shitty luck tho. how the hell did you get copper shavings in your bearings? lol
i hope you get everything fixed
Old 09-11-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Damn bom sorry to hear that! What are the shavings from? Which bearing are you talkin about?

Hope everything turns out alright!
Old 09-11-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

WTF Paul? How did you toast a bearing man?
Old 09-11-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

OHHHH SHYT PAUL!!!! sorry to hear about that bro!
Old 09-11-2008
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

don't post drunk and your wasting your money on the D17 anyway.

sorry for your luck but thats what it takes to come to the realization that these cars suck. I have been in your shoes and without a car for nearly 3 months.
Old 09-11-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about your troubles. The D17 clearly is the redheaded step child of the civics.
Old 09-11-2008
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

^LOL right

Old 09-11-2008
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all

sucks man sorry to hear!!
Old 09-11-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

i really dont see what makes the d17 so shitty compared to the d16. it cant be that much different... when i was boosted @ 7lbs a d16 eg with full headwork and race header romped on me. :| it was rather depressing after i asked him his mods, i thought he was ls swapped or something and then he tells me hes sohc. from what i saw he was full interior and was even bumping a sub... FAIL
Old 09-11-2008
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice

That sucks to hear. I hope you don't get discouraged from this experience.
my guesses on why you didnt make much power.
IMO a stage 3 cam is too big for a stock compression d17. to make power with that big of a cam you have to rev the crap out of it. if you rev the crap out of a stock d17 you loose rod bearings quickly. you also need to switch over to a long tube race header either hp racing or DC. much better design than a shorty header and test pipe. the last choke point is the head. get it ported and there will be gains, especially if the exhaust side is worked nicely.

You have most of the pieces to the puzzle get some hi comp pistons and a set of rods and build that bitch.
Old 09-11-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Too many ****ing tards posting in this thread and need to STFU for real.

Paul, I saw the thread title and didn't even have to guess. I'm with dj on this one somewhat though. I don't think the cam is hurting you, I think it was more of what Jeff was telling you about the drag. Some natural gas pistons, a little bit of porting on the exhaust ports with a better manifold is where it's at.

But I am skeptical about spinning the sotck bottom end that high, I never have, nor would I, lol. But get an oil pressure gauge on it, regardless.
Old 09-11-2008
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

man car barely makes 100hp
Old 09-11-2008
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

I think mine was 109hp stock or something. Even when I was running just Nitrous It was like 160.

Just stick with it, the only way you will learn what does and doesnt work is by trail and error. I dont know of anyone else running that setup.
Old 09-11-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Sorry about your troubles. The D17 clearly is the redheaded step child of the civics.
Funny. Sounds just like a quote from super street. Out of all the imports I have owned the D17 has the braty/odd ego community nailed.

community aside, good luck on your build. Hope it comes out working well.

Last edited by Tragedy; 09-11-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2008
Premium Member

If all else fails, I might want that IM
Old 09-11-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

sad story.
Old 09-11-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Subscribed for update from Bomer.
Old 09-11-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

ROLF!!!!!! this is a funny thread

Sorry I haven't posted sooner been at work so here is a quick up date the car is up At jeffs I'm staying N/A I won't go turbo till I get the whole N/A thing done right. I think the main culprit of this was from when The tensioner snapped the last time and I bent 12 valves the motor never really ran the same since I think I might have flat spotted the bearings also back about 4-6 months ago when I switched up to the stage 3 cam a piece of metal flew up and snapped the timing marks on the crank gear causing the car to miss and detonate alot managed to unseet all the valves when that happened. I don't think it has anything to do at all with reving to 8000 rpm but obviously when it started to go that just helped it but 8000 rpm I would not blame for the cause.

I think some people are a little confused on here I did not make 116 because of the stage 3 cam I made it because the bottom end was toasted I have made 144 with just the stage 2 and no mani and I had a sheet at one point for 127 with the stage 2. when the car is running fine I mess with type s's and M3's.

The stage 3 cam IMO is still a lot nicer then the stage 2 the power band is much better It does make power way up in the band but it alos make a lot down low. And like Jeff Evans was saying there is a restriction which is the header the intake mani flows too well and the gasses can't get out fast enough on the other side.

I haven't decided about the engine yet if needed I could get the whole car back up and running in a couple days and make autocross on sunday but I don't want to do that. I have been working on something like 6-8 different cars due to race season and show season so this whole summer I have barley had any time to actually keep up on my car so instead of rushing it I'm going to take my time gut the whole chasis of everything so I can get the engine bay painted, get rid of the stupid abs, redo my exhaust, upgrade to prelude brakes, pan the whole underside of the car, rework some of the suspension and chasis setup to get rid of all the bump steer, and just do a bunch of other stuff, and get the car ready for next season. There is going to bee some stuff on it that no one else has ever seen on a 7th gen when I am done with it.

the gears are starting to turn in my head(scary!lol!)
Old 09-11-2008
Registered!!

here's a pic of me chiseling off the lug nut on the car at jeff evans for your entertainment

Quick Reply: 116 hp N/A fail! :(