Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

116 hp N/A fail! :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 116 hp N/A fail! :(

Ask J. E. if he can recommend a header type and primary size. I could calculate the rest. I am sure he has more experience than I do. If he thoughwe should do a tri-y or a 4-1 maybe with stepped primaries or something. I am still really busy but maybe I can get started on something for ya at the end of the summer. I shouldn't be able to f-up a n/a header too bad, hehe.
Old 09-11-2008
Registered!!

pacotaco is an unknown quantity at this point

hey bro u might get this before i go to school uhh i cant work sunday im working on it right now i might get sunday off if you can get the car back down ill work on it after the party or from like 9-1 the 5-like 6am but im free for about the rest of the week idk if i already told you about this but we will make it 170 na
Old 09-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
Ask J. E. if he can recommend a header type and primary size. I could calculate the rest. I am sure he has more experience than I do. If he thoughwe should do a tri-y or a 4-1 maybe with stepped primaries or something. I am still really busy but maybe I can get started on something for ya at the end of the summer. I shouldn't be able to f-up a n/a header too bad, hehe.
Cool Gerry, I think I am going up either on saturday or monday to grab the car and I will talk to him them about any ideas on the header. I know he was saying a nice tri-y would be good. I'm thinking something along the lines of Hytech design would be good.

It might be time to step up to the 12.5 comp pistons but I don't know yet let me know if that will affect your calculations. I'm pretty sure the next motor that goes in (whatever the pistons) I'm going to blue print it first and try to squeeze the most out of it.
Old 09-12-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Good dude, you need to take your ****ing time for once lol. Never schedule a tuning session with the car not running right, lol. Words to live by. We'll have plenty of spare time in the winte, too.
Old 09-12-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

^Jeff was telling me that he just had a kid come in with a fresh built motor and they stuck it on the dyno to start breaking it in and it completely seized and there trying to figure out why and the kid says "well after I stuck it in the car I ran it for a half an hour with no oil in it to help break it in" cause he saw them do that on a castrol syntech commercial and he thought that was a good idea. Jeff was like WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LoL.

Jeff seems to really like it when you or I go to him for dyno cause we have all of our **** together he was like almost every car he runs has only 3 lugs on each wheel and some only have 2 or no blow off valve connected or a bunch of other **** broken no one reads the pre-tune checklist. I mean the car was actually running really smooth it just felt a little off on the drive up and I figured it's probably just the trans is a little loose. and I haven't had a chance to drive it cause of all the different trans in it so I forgot how powerfull it was supposed to feel like so even though it was dragging I couldn't really tell
Old 09-12-2008
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

good luck on the build paul. cant wait to see what happens with this.

fyi, i just got my gear back from Gerry its a race to see who finishes first! (even though that totally contradicts what you and andy just said about taking your time )
Old 09-12-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

well its good to hear that you're taking you time now paul... as far as the next time i'm going to be up that way, doesn't look too good. i just got word that i'm most likely going to deploy to afghanistan toward the end of november. luckily it'll only be about a month and a half. i should be back in the states sometime in january. i'm hoping to make it up there with my wife sometime in october but i'll give you a call when i do! oh yea good luck with the build bro!!
Old 09-12-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

paul, I had one of these with a custom IM for a while and it made a HUGE difference from about 4k up.

http://truehonda.com/inventory.php?a...tdetail&id=121

If you bump the compression I'd consider trying one of these. It says it comes with a "CAT" but I dont think it is. I didnt even use it on my car, hehe. IDK if you can still get em but its worth a look. Stage 3 cam, and high compression and that header will make a good amount of power. When I went turbo I stuck it in my shed, when the thieves stole all my tools they grabbed that too, probably cause it was shiny.

PS I did have to shave the front motor mount but I havent broke it with the track runs I did. I never changed it after taking out the header. Some people bitched that it rubbed the subframe but mine had over 1/4 at the tightest spot.

Last edited by 02fpcivic; 09-12-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-15-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice

yup thats what i'm running. the "cat" they refer to is just a big resonator. I didn't have to shave my mount and mine doesnt rub the subframe either.
Old 09-17-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by filipinop1405
well its good to hear that you're taking you time now paul... as far as the next time i'm going to be up that way, doesn't look too good. i just got word that i'm most likely going to deploy to afghanistan toward the end of november. luckily it'll only be about a month and a half. i should be back in the states sometime in january. i'm hoping to make it up there with my wife sometime in october but i'll give you a call when i do! oh yea good luck with the build bro!!

Damm that sucks do me a favor don't get your *** shot off over there but aside from the war I hear that afghanistan is actually really pretty yeah but hit me up if your up here by dc.

paul, I had one of these with a custom IM for a while and it made a HUGE difference from about 4k up.

http://truehonda.com/inventory.php?a...tdetail&id=121

If you bump the compression I'd consider trying one of these. It says it comes with a "CAT" but I dont think it is. I didnt even use it on my car, hehe. IDK if you can still get em but its worth a look. Stage 3 cam, and high compression and that header will make a good amount of power. When I went turbo I stuck it in my shed, when the thieves stole all my tools they grabbed that too, probably cause it was shiny.

PS I did have to shave the front motor mount but I havent broke it with the track runs I did. I never changed it after taking out the header. Some people bitched that it rubbed the subframe but mine had over 1/4 at the tightest spot.
Yeah that D.C. sports looks good I was kinda hoping for a JDM Fabtech Gerry special though,lol but I understand that you are busy. But I was wondering if I send you my valve cover you could weld a couple of fittings into it?
Old 09-18-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bomerman19
Damm that sucks do me a favor don't get your *** shot off over there but aside from the war I hear that afghanistan is actually really pretty yeah but hit me up if your up here by dc.
I sure will bro! i got some pix of afghanistan its not all that!

mountains and dust evreywhere!!! you clean up, say a tile floor and not even ten mins later its dusty and **** again!

here are some pics that i found on my photobucket....

Last edited by filipinop1405; 09-18-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-18-2008
Registered!!

it aint so pretty....
Old 09-19-2008
Registered!!

^Dude I don't know what your talking about lol look at those mountains me and my pack of snowboards, damm! that's all I can say. I would tear some **** up.

I have also lived in Mozambique right after there civil war and it was all tore up and the buildings and the people looked very similar but If you went out to the Islands right off the coast there was 90 degree water crystal clear blue and smooth breakers rolling in from about over head to double overhead and not a soul on the beach except one guy fishing with a stick and a string. even though you would get hazard pay for working in that area I would call it paradise any day of the week
Old 09-19-2008
Registered!!

i hear on the mountains but its not very pretty... at least with ****ers trying to kill you!
Old 09-19-2008
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

im with filipinop1405....it looks like dogshit!

you want snowboarding?

Whistler, BC

Sunpeaks, BC

Wyoming USA

lol
but for real....

I have alot of respect for you guys up there keeping it safe for the rest of us man!

+1 FTW
Old 09-19-2008
Registered!!

yeah paul I can weld in fittings. It will mess up the coating but if you dont mind painting it over again we can do whateve you'd like.
Old 09-20-2008
Registered!!

yeah paul I can weld in fittings. It will mess up the coating but if you dont mind painting it over again we can do whateve you'd like.
sweet I'll probably hit you up with that in like a couple of weeks I have to figure out how I'm going to run my lines first and whats the best spot on the valve cover.

Originally Posted by filipinop1405
i hear on the mountains but its not very pretty... at least with ****ers trying to kill you!
I can understand that

Originally Posted by FGCOUPE
im with filipinop1405....it looks like dogshit!

you want snowboarding?
lol
but for real....

I have alot of respect for you guys up there keeping it safe for the rest of us man!

+1 FTW
ehhh I'm tired of resorts I was going pro-am a couple years backs and then just didn't get any snow at all one year got a little rusty on my aerials and then with gas prices, lift tickets, commute, sucker punching little kids for park time, watching idiot(who's whole idea of snowboarding is what clothes there wearing) destroy all the good jumps and park equipment. I just got tired of the sold out sport. It's all back country for me now so the more exotic and less likey to be ridden area the better.

And there are some days were i would rather take on a guy with a gun then soccer mom with a mini van
Old 09-20-2008
Registered!!

Update: ripped the motor apart all the bearings are toast even the mains I'll put up pics probably by the end of the weekend I've got a lot of stuff to do this weekend. But man it's gruesome lets just say I went panning/mining for copper in my oil pan and "I'm rich Biotch!!!"
Old 09-20-2008
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bomerman19
sweet I'll probably hit you up with that in like a couple of weeks I have to figure out how I'm going to run my lines first and whats the best spot on the valve cover.

I can understand that

ehhh I'm tired of resorts I was going pro-am a couple years backs and then just didn't get any snow at all one year got a little rusty on my aerials and then with gas prices, lift tickets, commute, sucker punching little kids for park time, watching idiot(who's whole idea of snowboarding is what clothes there wearing) destroy all the good jumps and park equipment. I just got tired of the sold out sport. It's all back country for me now so the more exotic and less likey to be ridden area the better.

And there are some days were i would rather take on a guy with a gun then soccer mom with a mini van

when you get to the bottom of the hill......let me know what year you get back to the top for the 2nd run k

Old 09-20-2008
Registered!!

^lol k