Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Night time photos...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura aboutCivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura about
Night time photos...

I took a few photos at night...

Recently installed LED reverse bulbs and LED license plate lights...

Also installed...OEM fogs n 8k HIDS

Lemme kno what you think!

Enjoy!

OEM vs. LED

Last edited by CivicFreak03; 09-14-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2008
Registered!!

firetyphoon1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Night time photos...

Haha i did the same thing last night

changed the headlights and plate lights and i was paintin my lip n grille LOL

Old 09-05-2008
Registered!!

CivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura aboutCivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura about

LMAO very nice....I did it outta boredom n a lil extra cash lyin' around so I thought why not if I don't like 'em not much loss to remove 'em...
Old 09-05-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

A tip....if you have a SLR, do a time exposure to allow more light in the picture. You'll get a brighter background like the magazine shots.

* I can't see more than one picture behind the proxy at my work.
Old 09-05-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CivicFreak03
LMAO very nice....I did it outta boredom n a lil extra cash lyin' around so I thought why not if I don't like 'em not much loss to remove 'em...
same here mann ur tail lights are hott! lovin the clear line on em.. and wow blue reverse lights thats nicee!
Old 09-05-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by firetyphoon1
same here mann ur tail lights are hott! lovin the clear line on em.. and wow blue reverse lights thats nicee!
Thanks! Yeah the reverse bulbs are bright as $hit they said they were hyper white on the package but they def aren't white lol....my tails are def the better aftermarket tails for 7th gens IMO...they were a blast installing...blew 7 fuses resulted in hardwire...then cruise control went out...nothing a lil soldering couldn't fix but def well worth it in the end!!

Btw I think your license plate bulbs are brighter but it may have something to do w/ my tinted plate cover....
Old 09-05-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

Dude Civicfreak03 your car is so sweet. I thought this woudl be the best time to announce that im getting my car repainted and the styling is inspired by your car. my car got all beat up so insurance is payin for a new paint job. Its going to be a similar 2 tone to yours. the car will be ssm and then it will have black metallic roof and hood stripe. Then i'll have the 2tone cut in with a gunmetal stripe (same color as my wheels). Its going to look amazing when its done. Should have it back by early oct. Will post pics wen its done. hope you dont think i copied you but i didnt have enough for a full color change and i always liked your car its sweet.

o and anyone else reading this. The hood is going to be painted silver and black 2tone but thats just temporary until i have more money to get my cf hood recleared and some chips in it fixed and painted the 2tone. Then maybe pick up a cf trunk but i have a wingswest spoiler which i like a lot too and i dont really wanna give it up

Last edited by jamis33; 09-05-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-05-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jamis33
Dude Civicfreak03 your car is so sweet. I thought this woudl be the best time to announce that im getting my car repainted and the styling is inspired by your car. my car got all beat up so insurance is payin for a new paint job. Its going to be a similar 2 tone to yours. the car will be ssm and then it will have black metallic roof and hood stripe. Then i'll have the 2tone cut in with a gunmetal stripe (same color as my wheels). Its going to look amazing when its done. Should have it back by early oct. Will post pics wen its done. hope you dont think i copied you but i didnt have enough for a full color change and i always liked your car its sweet.

o and anyone else reading this. The hood is going to be painted silver and black 2tone but thats just temporary until i have more money to get my cf hood recleared and some chips in it fixed and painted the 2tone. Then maybe pick up a cf trunk but i have a wingswest spoiler which i like a lot too and i dont really wanna give it up
Thanks for the compliments Jamis! I am def not mad at ya for doin' it I can't say that I came up w/ the idea myself either....I will be doin' the same thing with the hood next summer....already have the cf trunk!! I look at it this way we won't have the same black lol and even though we will both be two tone our cars still won't be alike...I appreciate the inspired comment also!!! Rock on

Btw your in Canada n I'm in the US hard to tell if we will cross paths....I have another identical two tone less than 3 hrs away lol
Old 09-05-2008
Registered!!

Oh1CivicRev is an unknown quantity at this point

Civicfreak03 - sweet *** EM2! I wanted to get those tail lights and install them on my '01 but.. you blew 7 fuses installing them? Damn... don't they just drop right in and hook up like normal? Is there more to it? I'm not very savvy with wiring and electrical **** so maybe I should avoid them?
Old 09-05-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

ya it just looked so sweet. Im not sure what black it is. i think they were gonna do a custom one with the same metallic pattern as the ssm. I cant wait to get it back. I thought about doin the 2tone on my front lip too but idk how it would look. ya i actually got a pretty decent deal on my car. Some guys beat the **** out of it and i get a custom 3tone paint job (cuz of the gunmetal) and a full retint of about 12%. Still going to be some out of pocket costs and im sellin my soul to the customs shop doing it but wutever its just a sticker or 2 and ive been takin the car to shows for 2 years so its not a big deal lol
Old 09-05-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CivicFreak03
Thanks! Yeah the reverse bulbs are bright as $hit they said they were hyper white on the package but they def aren't white lol....my tails are def the better aftermarket tails for 7th gens IMO...they were a blast installing...blew 7 fuses resulted in hardwire...then cruise control went out...nothing a lil soldering couldn't fix but def well worth it in the end!!

Btw I think your license plate bulbs are brighter but it may have something to do w/ my tinted plate cover....
Wow it looks nice but you should have taken it back for white! yeah those tails stand out in a good way but how'd you blow fuses and stuff? i installed tails before its just plug n play
Old 09-05-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jamis33
ya it just looked so sweet. Im not sure what black it is. i think they were gonna do a custom one with the same metallic pattern as the ssm. I cant wait to get it back. I thought about doin the 2tone on my front lip too but idk how it would look. ya i actually got a pretty decent deal on my car. Some guys beat the **** out of it and i get a custom 3tone paint job (cuz of the gunmetal) and a full retint of about 12%. Still going to be some out of pocket costs and im sellin my soul to the customs shop doing it but wutever its just a sticker or 2 and ive been takin the car to shows for 2 years so its not a big deal lol
Sounds like its gonna turn out quite nice...def keep me posted for sure!

Originally Posted by Oh1CivicRev
Civicfreak03 - sweet *** EM2! I wanted to get those tail lights and install them on my '01 but.. you blew 7 fuses installing them? Damn... don't they just drop right in and hook up like normal? Is there more to it? I'm not very savvy with wiring and electrical **** so maybe I should avoid them?
Thanks for the compliments Rev!!!

Here is an explanation as to why the cruise control goes out...

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...ke-lights.html

As for the 7 fuses that was mainly my jackass trying to figure out what the problem was...they do plug in except for the led part and it has to be hardwired....intended for '04-'05

I have no complaints though it was an experience n def well worth it....

If you all want more photos such as daytime I would be more than happy to post 'em just lemme kno....

Last edited by CivicFreak03; 09-05-2008 at 11:18 AM.