just bought these - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2008   #1
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light
just bought these

$200 from ebay. anybody know if they're any good?
sicma99ot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #2
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: just bought these

sorry, but shouldn't you have asked 'are these any good?' BEFORE buying them?
manahoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #3
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

haha true. so your saying no good?
Old 07-10-2008   #4
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

If your talking about output, then yes they are no good. You can retrofit it with better projectors, but that's a bitch and a half to do.
buckshizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #5
just a man with a civic

i just hope thy're better than the ones i have now
Old 07-10-2008   #6
Registered!!

Honda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really nice

just get HIDs and you will be fine..People say that it doesnt make a difference but it actually does. I have projectors on my 05 and there bright as **** with great output
Honda05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #7
just a man with a civic

im also getting oem smoked tails next weekend
Old 07-10-2008   #8
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

the light output is really bad. I had the 04/05 version with hids for a week then went back to stock. the light output is really spotty
sniperscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #9
just a man with a civic

that sucks. well i guess i try them for a little bit and if they're as bad as everyone say, ill sell them
Old 07-10-2008   #10
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

stock halogen will be better
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #11
Registered!!

Honda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really nice

i dont know why you guys are saying there bad with hids but i have excellent output
Old 07-11-2008   #12
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

do you actually know what excellent output is?
Old 07-11-2008   #13
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

hey i would seal the edges on those with silicone - i know a guy who bought the same looking ones and they get water in them
kcari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #14
Registered!!

yeah i know what excellent output is..im not ****ing retarded.. Is it alright that i give my damn opinion..

Sicma99ot all i can say is give it a shot.. Output isnt that great unless you get HIDs
Old 07-11-2008   #15
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda05 View Post
yeah i know what excellent output is..im not ****ing retarded.. Is it alright that i give my damn opinion..

Sicma99ot all i can say is give it a shot.. Output isnt that great unless you get HIDs
woah there buddy relax... myself and many others have been on this forum for awhile and have see these egay projectors... the output sucks regardless if you have hid's, but if sicma likes them then let him put it on his vic... its all about personal preference
mrtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #16
Registered!!

Kwheels is an unknown quantity at this point

i donno how good they are all i know is...i can get the same ones on ebay for like 50 bucks...and im in canada
Kwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #17
You VTEC...I-VTEC

lol pull your panties out of your ***

they put out enough light to drive with. but when you compare them to stock, they are terrible.
Old 07-11-2008   #18
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda05 View Post
just get HIDs and you will be fine..People say that it doesnt make a difference but it actually does. I have projectors on my 05 and there bright as **** with great output
wonder what you'd think when you ride in a real RETROFITTED car.... "...and there bright as holy holy holy holy **** with greatEST output"

haahhaha jk... i tease =]
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #19
Registered!!

hondasport is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i had a pair on my car when i bought it and they are in the trash can now. Stay with stock or TYC
hondasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #20
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

money for 50w HID retrofit: $500

look on peoples face when you come up over a hill and shine HID in their eyes: priceless
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #21
just a man with a civic

ill give em a shot and if i dont like them ill go back to my blacked out stocks and put these back on ebay, lol
Old 07-12-2008   #22
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

e46 bixenon retros with zkw's ftw
Curiouz_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008   #23
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

i had a g35/maxima reflector type retrofit on my car, and HOLY CRAP they were bright. bright and far reaching... could see more than i could with stock brights
modoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008   #24
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by manahoonie View Post
sorry, but shouldn't you have asked 'are these any good?' BEFORE buying them?
HondaKorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #25
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

wait so the hid kit that ebay give you still sucks???
jamis33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008   #26
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

It's not the hid kit itself. It has to do with the projectors. Those projectors are designed for halogens not hids. They simply give you a pnp kit along with the headlights. The beam is not uniform, there will be hot spots.
buckshizzo is offline   Reply With Quote