Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

what car to choose (rephrased) bcuz of dumb ppl

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Re: what car to choose

Originally Posted by Unevolved
Aerospace Engineering with a minor in Computer Science. Trust me, the job market's amazing.
until they outsource you with someone from india that'll work for 1/10 the salary...lol jk.

Yeah it does pay pretty well, my friends work at boeing and wraithaon. I know i mis-spelled the last one. There both my age and buying a house and condo at age 26.
Old 04-28-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jza
12k to 60k price range, cool.
i think he's talking about a r32 skyline, not the r34.

In canada i think they go for $12-20k depending on mods.

I say s2000 since maintence is going to be cheaper then the skyline.
Old 04-28-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Yeah man, I could go on and on about how awesome the job market in the defense industry is going to be about the time I graduate, but I don't feel like threadjacking anymore.

My vote goes towards S2K. That's what I'm going to do.
Old 04-28-2008
Registered!!

Yeah man, I could go on and on about how awesome the job market in the defense industry is going to be about the time I graduate, but I don't feel like threadjacking anymore.

My vote goes towards S2K. That's what I'm going to do.
well just be warned its not always so sunny on that side of the industry.

Even my friends that work there now said there's no in there 30's in the company. Everyone is either in the 20's or 40's, 50's. Basically a whole generation of engineers went somewhere else because back in the 90's the military was downsizing and there weren't any government contracts.

Only reason there hiring now is because the company is doing semi forced retirement for the guys in the 50's and 60s because they have 1-2million dollar pensions, the company doesn't want to be liable for and don't want them to accure anymore. All the new hires don't get that kind of pension anymore either.
Old 04-28-2008

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

I understand that. After 20+ years in the Air Force, my dad works for a major defense contractor. The job market's relatively stable, really. And yeah, that "missing generation" is the direct cause of the job market being what it is in that industry.
Old 04-28-2008
hvc
Registered!!

hvc is an unknown quantity at this point

this thread got owned by aerospace engineering. haha
Old 04-28-2008

Most things do. We find new and improved ways to blow **** up from far away, when you get right down to it.
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

bluecivic_19 is a jewel in the roughbluecivic_19 is a jewel in the roughbluecivic_19 is a jewel in the roughbluecivic_19 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by white2K2EX
I think you're an idiot.

"Hey guys, here are a few dissimilar cars that I just randomly thought of and said I might buy. Which one should I e-buy?"
it has nothing to do with the price range, its the cars that ive had my eyes on for a while, so dont be jelous cuz u cant afford any of them
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

bluecivic_19 is a jewel in the roughbluecivic_19 is a jewel in the roughbluecivic_19 is a jewel in the roughbluecivic_19 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
i think he's talking about a r32 skyline, not the r34.

In canada i think they go for $12-20k depending on mods.

I say s2000 since maintence is going to be cheaper then the skyline.
yea r32 cuz we cant even import r33 until may, we have the 15 year law.
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Jza
12k to 60k price range, cool.
what cost 60k? lol do u no what ur talking bout, the most expensive car on that list is an s2k and i can get 1 for under 25k soooo?
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dryft
do you have all these cars available for buying at hand!?
yes, except the skyline cuz theres so many to choose from. and i work at honda so i get any cars at wholesale. save a lil bit of money there
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by hvc
yeah, all those cars are completely different price ranges.

Of your list, I'd go the s2k.
again it has nothing to do with the price range, its the cars ive been eyeing.
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Jza
Hey guys I just won the lottery and I'm thinking of selling my 7th gen to buy a 1989 SI or Murcielago, what do you think would be a better option?!?!
some1's jealous or were u born a hater. its called hook ups for all the cars cuz i can get them cheap and i work at honda so i get any car for wholesale.
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

^^ i see plenty of r34s in vegas? lol but either way. you got pwned.
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

I'd go for the S2000 if it was me. But I'm with the posters above me. Get some concrete information, maybe a price range, do some research. Stop looking like an idiot and wanting it handed to you.
i do have a price range which is 30k and theres plent of s2k's under 30k so deal wit it
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
s2000....how hard is THAT choice?!
it is once uve seen the skylines i can get and the prices for them
Old 04-29-2008

Re: what car to choose (rephrased) bcuz of dumb ppl

Wow, dude. You kind of suck at this whole "online forum" thing. First off, you give no information in your original post, then bitch when speculation runs rampant. You change the thread title talking about "dumb people" with bad grammar and punctuation.

And how many times did you have to post? I mean, seriously. There's post whoring, and then there's this. Can we get some Mod in on this?
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about

What do you want out of the car?

You want a bunch of guys drooling over your car at meets?
You want something that'll get you laid?
You want to drag race it?
Road race? Auto-x?
You just like the design of the car?
You need to compensate for a small *****?
Are you an online attention *****?

Tell us what you want to do with the car and we can give you better opinions.
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

Dont be so arrogant about what car you can get cause it doesn't really matter. I mean you been "eyeing" these cars right? So you should already have a sense of what you want and why should our opinion matter that much.
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by LiKEaFeRiO
What do you want out of the car?

You want a bunch of guys drooling over your car at meets?
You want something that'll get you laid?
You want to drag race it?
Road race? Auto-x?
You just like the design of the car?
You need to compensate for a small *****?
Are you an online attention *****?

Tell us what you want to do with the car and we can give you better opinions.
first 1
Old 04-29-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

hey....would u consider a lotus??? you can sure find a 30k used lotus easily...

plus, their power options are really good because it uses teh same engine as the GTS n a fwe other toyotas... (2ZZ)
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by EggRollBandit05
Dont be so arrogant about what car you can get cause it doesn't really matter. I mean you been "eyeing" these cars right? So you should already have a sense of what you want and why should our opinion matter that much.
u should be able to answer that ur self. people have good opinions cuz some of them maybe have had good or bad experience with any of these cars.
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
hey....would u consider a lotus??? you can sure find a 30k used lotus easily...

plus, their power options are really good because it uses teh same engine as the GTS n a fwe other toyotas... (2ZZ)
no i dont like those, i dunno y
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

if your open, then for 30k i say

style with power

used e46 m3
b6 audi s4
c32 amg
e36 m3
bmw z4

cheap mods and get lot of power
evo
sti
b5 audi s4
r32 skyline
6.0L gto
supra tt

fun reliable cars
rsx type s
integra type R
civic si 8th gen
celica 2005
mini
prelude
miata

fun to mod cars

s2000 then turbo
scion tc then rwd conversion
240sx with vq35 swap
300zx tt
3000gt vr4
350z then turbo
integra then turbo
ae86 with s2000 engine swap
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

^^ wurd. good taste in cars. to the op of the thread. why ask people what car you should buy? its your choice not ours? its whatever you like. not what other people like.
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about

1st one eh?
Buy whatever car is cheapest, and use the remaining money to modify it as much as possible.
A stock S2000 won't grab as much attention as say, a RSX-S with some ITR goodies and ITBs.
There's my suggestion.
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by civicsrcool
^^ wurd. good taste in cars. to the op of the thread. why ask people what car you should buy? its your choice not ours? its whatever you like. not what other people like.
its not what ppl like, its their opinion if they've had bad or good experiences with any of the cars
Old 04-29-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i still say a s2000. its a good, solid, reliable car...cant go wrong...

plus slap on a supercharger and you'll be looking at 300hp
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bluecivic_19
its not what ppl like, its their opinion if they've had bad or good experiences with any of the cars
pick three cars you like then do your research on all the problems they can have. Then decide from there, i've had some electrical issues with my mercedes but i knew about them before hand. So it was easy fix.
Old 04-29-2008
Registered!!

dryft will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
if your open, then for 30k i say

cheap mods and get lot of power
evo
sti
b5 audi s4
r32 skyline
6.0L gto
supra tt
what mods do you consider cheap on theses cars?

Quick Reply: what car to choose (rephrased) bcuz of dumb ppl