My Valve cover- The end all of paint jobs - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2008   #1  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
My Valve cover- The end all of paint jobs

Recently I have noticed a lot of people painting there valve covers. I painted mine years ago and it was painted Honda red and looked great under the hood. Fast forward a couple of years and I meet a guy at the YearOne cup that does awesome flames. After looking at his mustangs engine cover, I knew I had to have my valve cover done.

Well a few months ago my engine developed a bit of a knock (piston slap) and while the engine was being built I sent the valve cover off and just got it back yesterday. All I can say is WOW. Looks awesome on the car and really sets the engine bay off.

I will get some better pictures once I get the catch can installed and redo the NX kit. I have the solenoids mounted in a temporary spot since the rebuild and will be moving them again.

Look for a full engine build thread soon, until then enjoy these pictures.

Before:

After

Installed

Note- most of these shots were taken before i washed the valve cover so if it looks a little dirty its because of the residue from wet sanding and buffing.

Last edited by drunkenmagnum; 04-08-2008 at 07:42 AM.
drunkenmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #2  
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light
Re: My Valve cover- The end all of paint jobs

Damn....that is hotness.....black w/ flames would be pretty nice aswell!!!

That would look crazy on a turbo !
FoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #3  
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

that looks great.
Tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #4  
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light

He did a great job. Enjoy.
sql_civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #5  
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

his car is turbo-ed FoSho, or maybe i just misunderstood your statement...

that's pretty hot Josh (get it? ) seriously though, looks good. i like how he managed to keep the flame job from being covered by the coil packs and wire cover
tuningmycivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #6  
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

damn looks so cool.. good thing it's turboed b/c the last thing you think of about a d17 is flames of speed
Kevbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #7  
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the comments guys!

i thought about blck with flames but i wanted the base red to match the color of the car and the rest of the engine bay. pluss black would show every little spot that got on it. he took a little longer than i hoped to do it so he offered a discount for the next job, just havent decided what i want painted yet.
Old 04-08-2008   #8  
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

wow very nice, looks like real flames lol
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #9  
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Rice.

No, I'm just kidding. I agree with the thread title.
Unevolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #10  
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

wow lol. normally flames = rice but that looks pretty hawt. sick valve cover job .. i was thinking of putting polka dots on mine... lol
civicsrcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #11  
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

Hey your valve cover is on fire!!!

That does stand out for sure. I'm not sure if I like it, but it's probably just cause it's so different.

Point for oringinality though. For sure!
pheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #12  
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough

very unique i like
Mutha Fn FBM 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #13  
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Looks good man, good thinking on starting the flames at the very front so they are visible w/ coils and wire cover. Good job.

What material is your heat shield made out of?
TRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #14  
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

looks great bro!!!
filipinop1405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #15  
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

okay one thing is bothering me, why do you have a green battery washer when everything else on your car is matched nicely around a red theme? lol. they sell red ones you know.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #16  
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
okay one thing is bothering me, why do you have a green battery washer when everything else on your car is matched nicely around a red theme? lol. they sell red ones you know.
Damn gear. Study that picture much?
pheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #17  
Premium Member

you talkin about the first pic? its not on there anymore. that pic was taken in Feb 07 i think.
the battery isnt even under the hood anymore, its in the trunk. but yeah i try and match everything. some things are only temporary until more parts come.
Old 04-08-2008   #18  
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIZ View Post
Looks good man, good thinking on starting the flames at the very front so they are visible w/ coils and wire cover. Good job.

What material is your heat shield made out of?
its stainless steal i think with a chrome finish. i am going to polish it up this weekend. Its the one that come with the TSI kit. i had to take a plasma cutter to it to make it fit properly.
Old 04-08-2008   #19  
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

that valve cover looks awesome; the paint job is really good. it is very unique.

HonCiv02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #20  
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

That looks awesome! He did one good job!

Wagner
WgnrNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #21  
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats hot how much did you spend on your turbo kit!
Maple50175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #22  
Registered!!

NO FAME2 is an unknown quantity at this point

damn thats nice props to the guy that painted it
NO FAME2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #23  
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome! I like that. It's a good thing he did the real fire, because if you chose the classic flames, it would look lame. Great piece!
Eyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #24  
Premium Member

yeah thats the reason i chose him, i got to see his work in person so i knew thats what i was getting. his personal car is amazing.
True flame is the way to go. i was thinking about having it on the hood too coming out of the vents. he said that would be a ton of work and costly so i may hold off on that for a little while.