Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Would an EM2 look good on dishes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
Would an EM2 look good on dishes?

What you guys think? Here's my current rims

Then I painted them, Driver side bronze, passenger side black

(sorry, only pic i have of em)

I was thinking of getting new rims (after cf hood + trunk) now that the snow is melting and the weather is getting a lil nicer, and im a huuuuge fan of dishes,

example

not necesarily that rim, but that dish. Anyone have any pics of 7thgen with dishes? id rly like to know how they look. never seen one yet
Old 03-28-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Would an EM2 look good on dishes?

well, the thing with civics is that teh rims arent as wide....so if you get a dish, it cant be too deep or else it'll look funny.....

but i nice subtle dish could be nice...

it just all depends on the flow of ur car and the types of rims you put on.......right?
Old 03-28-2008
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about

imo the 7thgens wheel wells aren't wide enough to provide a good look. I love big lips on rims, but we can't fit rims like that 350z there.

I wouldn't bother trying to duplicate that look, because in all honesty, you can't achieve that look, unless you put a wide body kit.

From my guess, that front rim looks to be at least a 9" wide, and the back looks to be at least a 10" wide. We can't fit those bad boys on our cars.

You can have a rim with a lip, but it won't be as wide as the one's on that 350z.
Old 03-28-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tresphunk is an unknown quantity at this point

I also love the look of those rims, but they wouldn't fit properly on a civic, unfortunately. What kind of rims do you have on right now? They look like Motegi MR7s, was almost thinking of picking some up for my civic.
Old 03-28-2008
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

Since you have Rallye red I'd go with a black Rim w/ a red lip.. I'm with everyone else with the big dishes on Civics.. it looks funny
Old 03-28-2008
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light

I had a lip on the rims on my Civic. Dish is another thing though. For starters, Civics are FWD and dishes are almost exclusively for RWD cars to be able to stack the rims (have wider in the back than the front). There's a Prelude in my area with deep dish rear wheels and it's completely idiotic.

My advice: skip it. It wouldn't be right on a Civic. If you ever buy a RWD car, fulfill your dish dreams.
Old 03-28-2008
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute

the rims on the 350z are like 900bucks each
Old 03-28-2008
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold

you really cant get that look with the offsets we run, unless you want them sticking out of the wheel well, or you can get a widebody kit.
Old 03-28-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

i wonder what some widebodies would look like on our cars. it would be interesting just cause i wouldnt think of seeing a widebody kit on our cars... would be wierd i bet.. it might be alright with the 04-05 headlights not so sure abotu 01-03
Old 03-28-2008
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

some guy with a blue civic way back when had a widebody kit.
Old 03-28-2008
Registered!!

03civicdopejmd is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 03-28-2008
Registered!!

$killer05coupe will become famous soon enough$killer05coupe will become famous soon enough

You can try the wheels made by motegi or R1 racing wheels that give a fwd car a staggered look, same offset and width but the ones for the rear have a bigger lip. Finish it off by getting all rear set wheels all around. Just a suggestion though, if you really want to go in that direction.
Old 03-28-2008
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough

Don't mind the 4x4, lol

Old 03-29-2008
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough

i love those 350z rims
Old 03-29-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

this is turning into the "post your ride that has rims with a lip thread"

Old 03-29-2008

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^hahha yea pretty much
Old 03-29-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

Originally Posted by white2K2EX
I had a lip on the rims on my Civic. Dish is another thing though. For starters, Civics are FWD and dishes are almost exclusively for RWD cars to be able to stack the rims (have wider in the back than the front). There's a Prelude in my area with deep dish rear wheels and it's completely idiotic.

My advice: skip it. It wouldn't be right on a Civic. If you ever buy a RWD car, fulfill your dish dreams.
i second this, with a passion.
Old 03-29-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

ive got pretty deep lips on my wheels. They're about 2". A guy i know has 3" lips on his wheels and they're only 40 offset. And hes got em on a 240sx. Im pretty sure those would fit a civic just might stick out a little bit more.
Old 03-29-2008
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about

Look into the Axis Decades with the Maxis Lip
http://www.axiswheels.com/wheels.php?id=decade
Old 03-30-2008

axis are nice wheels.....

ive had the axis se7en mod and they were sick....

i have a white ciivc at my school with some black seven mods......and it looks REAL good...

but its not a "dish" though....its still lip
Old 03-30-2008
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

from honda-tech
Old 03-30-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

wow thats awesome ^^^^^^^^^^^^but how exactly did they get that much dish and not have the wheels stickin out like mad???
Old 03-30-2008
Registered!!

colourwolf will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by speedricerx
from honda-tech
Is it just me?

This guy has some major camber issues
Old 03-30-2008

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by colourwolf
Is it just me?

This guy has some major camber issues
It's not just you. Those rears got a mean gangsta lean.
Old 03-30-2008
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light

Look for Hondakorn's post with his work wheels. They had a nice dish on them, and didn't look too bad. It was a high offset, but the design gave it a deep dish.
Old 03-30-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

well you would prob need to camber them in so they dont rub. and they key to getting everything to fit right is knowing what offset/tire dimensions to fit. i seen a lot of xBs run dishes on their rides and they usually run the same offsets as civics.
Old 03-30-2008

Originally Posted by civicsrcool
well you would prob need to camber them in so they dont rub. and they key to getting everything to fit right is knowing what offset/tire dimensions to fit. i seen a lot of xBs run dishes on their rides and they usually run the same offsets as civics.
If you have to run a camber like that to (destroying your tires and compromising your safety) have a certain look, it's not worth it.

Oh, and putting deep dish rims on an xB is the second dumbest ****ing **** ever (first is actually buying an xB).
Old 03-30-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

It may be possible, yes, but would it look good? Probably, almost certainly, not.
Old 03-31-2008
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by civicsrcool
Just had to make sure people noticed that.

The picture below might probably be the closest thing to the look you want.
2" lip in front and 3.25" in the rear.
18x8 front and rear.
Yes, they make it in 4x100.

Old 03-31-2008
Registered!!

01candycivic is a jewel in the rough01candycivic is a jewel in the rough01candycivic is a jewel in the rough

Quick Reply: Would an EM2 look good on dishes?