Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Good bye civic Hello Wankel

Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of light
Good bye civic Hello Wankel

Well as the title would give away I just bought an 04 RX-8 yesterday! For years now I've wanted RWD and I love it. If I decide to part out my civic for sale I'll be here first.

These are shots the dealer took, my camera just broke

Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

jdmplease is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Good bye civic Hello Wankel

nice pick up
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

Lord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of light

Thx. I have to get it in for an inspection so I can take advantage of Lemon law if need be.
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

aznprid214 has a spectacular aura aboutaznprid214 has a spectacular aura about

damn nice pick up!! have fun with it!!
Old 03-27-2008
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

god that thing is sexy
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

The handling is amazing, almost no body roll and stays stuck to the ground forever before slipping. It's geared close to the civic, but goes through them faster, and then has and extra.

1st is to just above 30, 2nd goes to 60 or so (about 6mph more than the civic) and 3rd to about 85 i haven't topped out fourth fifth or sixth yet. I'll wait till the insurance kicks in.

AutoX this weekend FTW
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Nice car.

You should title this:
Hello Wankel, goodbye Torque.
Old 03-27-2008
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold

^ Hello Wankel, Hello Rebuilt at 50k.

Well at least my old rx-7 was like that. Congrats, and the interior is super nice!
Old 03-27-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

engine shot please
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

^^ After I clean it and take off all the plastic **** then I'll get an engine pic.
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

rx8 is a nice car. but i think they eat too much gas and the engines are very unreliable. my buddies mom daily drives her rx8 and mazda already replaced 3 engines under warranty. hopefully you got a long warranty man! have fun with the car though
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by civicsrcool
rx8 is a nice car. but i think they eat too much gas and the engines are very unreliable. my buddies mom daily drives her rx8 and mazda already replaced 3 engines under warranty. hopefully you got a long warranty man! have fun with the car though
^agree... I am still a bigger fan of the rx7... but i would definitely take the rx8 over the vic anyday ... have fun with the new ride!
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

Well there doesn't seem to be anything really wrong with it right now. It drives very well and shifts very smooth. No rough idle or excessive fuel consumption. Engine doesn't sound too loud or anything like that. I don't plan to redline it everyday and they have an 'approaching redline' beeper that makes a beep when you get to like 8.7krpm so no rev limiter bouncing. But yeah, I've been wanting this car for a long time and held off on turboing the vic b/c of it.
Old 03-27-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

I really wanted to post up that LOLcat picture that says, "Im in yur rotary steelin yur TORKZ" but I couldn't find it. I think it was from IP.
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

well I'm not used to torque in any case... so it doesn't really matter. I plan on supercharging this by the end of next year, so that's where my torque will be
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

supercharging an rx-8....good luck on that one. why not just get a turbo kit and call it a day? i've seen engine bay pics, and good luck getting a belt-driven charger in there anywhere, other than a Rotrex unit, but i don't know of a kit using one of them.

nice buy btw
Old 03-27-2008
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Unevolved
I really wanted to post up that LOLcat picture that says, "Im in yur rotary steelin yur TORKZ" but I couldn't find it. I think it was from IP.
I remember making that picture....Damn, I don't think I have it anymore
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

Pettit Racing makes a supercharger for the RX8 that a lot of people have had good results with.

http://www.pettitracing.com/
There's a good teaser video up on that website.
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

Looks good. Those are tight cars. My friend has one and its fun to drive.

Wagner
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

the back doors on the rx-8 always confused me. i have never seen one in person so i guess that probably play into it. i dont know a whole lot about the rx-8 but hopefully it works out good for you and not too many problems. I like the way the rx-7 looks better a friend had a 93 and it was way fun. Either way it looks good and i hope you enjoy
Old 03-27-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
supercharging an rx-8....good luck on that one. why not just get a turbo kit and call it a day?
I've heard an RX8 is abnormally hard to turbo effectively, has something to do with the onboard ECU. The issue might have been resolved by now, I remember HKS saying they were doing some work on the problem. Regardless, it's not like boosting an inline-4. Like someone said, there's no room in that engine bay, and it's just different dynamics with a rotary. Whole new can of worms.
Old 03-27-2008
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alpha 5
Nice car.

You should title this:
Hello Wankel, goodbye Torque.
The RX-8 has 40 more ft/lb of tq than the Civic genius.
Old 03-28-2008
Registered!!

chuko is an unknown quantity at this point

nice buy,hope you enjoy it!!!
Old 03-29-2008
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough

very nice upgrade
Old 03-29-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by white2K2EX
The RX-8 has 40 more ft/lb of tq than the Civic genius.
never compare torque specs to a stock civic.we know...we accept it. Its just in relation to similar cars, the RX8 has much lower torque
Old 03-29-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

nice pick up; definitely keep us posted with the progress.

Old 03-29-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

heed some words of wisdom, as I am a mazda tech.

1. do not drive the rx8 short distances, without sufficient time to warm up, it will flood.

2. if it floods, have it towed to a mazda dealer, trust me, its a very involve process to get it running again, u cannot simply just keep cranking on the engine untill it runs again

3. invest in lots of spark plugs, ull blow through them

4. make sure the TSB on moisture in the oil gets performed before the warranty is up

5. if u do drive it a short distance, rev the engine to 4k rpm, and immediately shut off, itll keep it from flooding

fun car, good luck man
Old 03-30-2008
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

^^That's some good information...I'm really looking at picking up an RX8. Repped

In regards to the warm up time/Cool down time, you basically have to treat it like it's turboed?
Old 03-30-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

essentially yes, but like i said, if u have to move it around the block, or 2 minutes down the road, just warm it up, or rev and shut it off, ull save urself a lot of hassle, time, money, and a tow
Old 03-30-2008
Banned

oh, and thanks for the rep man

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good bye civic Hello Wankel