Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

FiveOhFlickr's Scenic Adventure

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enoughFiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enough
Cool FiveOhFlickr's Scenic Adventure

...Not so much. But I drive this canyon everyday to work and back and I look foward to it everytime. After I waxed my car with that new Meguiar's Tech Wax 2.0 (which is pretty damn good, i didn't even polish prior to waxing) I decided to take some pictures because I got all excited since i've waited for so long for the rain to clear so I can try that wax. Anyways.. I know about the dings... the sagging... and all my cars imperfections, but it's a work in progress. Since I recently got into an accident (which caused that mess in the rear quarter panel drivers side) I got a thousand bucks out of it, and thats going to my coilovers, sway bar/adapter, and new exhaust investment. Here are the shots.

Oh and the sticker... I thought it would add a few hp but I didn't notice any gains. It's coming off.

After the wash

8th gen fg coupe. I haven't washed her in 3 months I love my em2 more though

On the road (I really wish I had someone to shoot some rolling shots for me...)

You can see the damage on this picture...

This would've been my favorite picture if it wasn't for my shadow...

All opinions welcome. Number one thing I get is the fogs look out of place... If I have any money left over I already plan on purchasing the clear lens.

Last edited by FiveOhFlickr; 01-11-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FiveOhFlickr's Scenic Adventure

Looks good. My baby needs a waxing too. Where abouts did you drive?
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

FiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enoughFiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enough

Thanks! I really do recommend that tech wax 2.0 stuff I tried! That road is San Francisquito Canyon - right between Valencia and Palmdale (California). It's a pretty nice drive. Lots of scenary, straights, curves, hair pin turns - but also lots of rock slides, mud slides, floods and dips. 25 miles of it is pretty cool and a great practice for testing your car to it's limits I would've taken more pictures of the hair pin turns, but stupid me almost drove off the road while snapping a picture.. so i took a deep breath and put the camera down. haha.
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man.... I'm sooooo jealous of the roads around there!!! Looks like quite a few fun ones. I'm living in Irvine right now and the only road I've been able to find that satisfies my twisty needs is hwy 74(which is under construction right now) so I'm just SOL.
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

Awh man but yeah man, these roads are pretty awesome. And they all collide within each other. San Francisquito is mostly "high speed" and you can cross Spunky Canyon which is just freaking nuts and I'll never drive that road on a rainy day again, then Bouqet Canyon which is pretty much the two combined, then couple others that are eh. It's heaven. I'm constantly seeing all sorts of modded cars fly by through here too.
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

Looks good dude.
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

Thanks man. Where in SoCal are you at?
Old 01-11-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FiveOhFlickr
...This would've been my favorite picture if it wasn't for my shadow...

if you retake this photo, back up a little further, and zoom in slightly with camera up until shadow is on ground, and not on car
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by FiveOhFlickr
Thanks man. Where in SoCal are you at?

I'm located in Norwalk. Next to the Cerritos Auto Square.
Old 01-11-2008
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

I don't see any damage I like it a lot, and the HIDs.. yellow fogs on SSM looks funny to me though.
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by manahoonie
if you retake this photo, back up a little further, and zoom in slightly with camera up until shadow is on ground, and not on car
Thanks for the tips boss. I need a new camera. 2.0 megapixels w/o a zoom is killing me!

Originally Posted by Kevbotron
I don't see any damage I like it a lot, and the HIDs.. yellow fogs on SSM looks funny to me though.
In person it's so much more noticeable.. but I didn't want it to stand out in this photoshoot. Once I get a better camera I'm afraid it will though. Red dots are shopping cart dings. Ugh

Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

Oh wait.. Now I know why you can't really see the damage. I just noticed photobucket automatically resizes images that are ridiculously huge. Sorry man. OH! and those aren't HIDS.. I have a pnp kit but it's just collecting dust in my garage. A lot of people think these are HIDS too. They're actually Nokya Arctic Purple bulbs (purple for two weeks but looks 34334334x's better faded)
Old 01-11-2008
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

^Word.. you should hook them up.. the PnP HID kit on the 04/05s work great because unlike the 01-03 they have a glare sheild so you don't blind all the oncoming cars..

this is my 6000k kit..
Old 01-11-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

^^ Heheh. Your nose is all runny....

Good shots man, looks like a blast to drive!
Old 01-11-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

very nice car FIVE!