Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

What To Use On My Rear Bumper AND MY SIDE??

Old 01-03-2008
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
What To Use On My Rear Bumper AND MY SIDE??

As some of you know my kit was stolen so when they took my rear lip the they took the paint off and left some type off glue or something there I have no clue what is it... It does'nt show alot on the pic but its alot in person, some guy my father know said he can fix so he used a heat gun and all he did was made it worse... My question is can this be sanded down? If yes, what kind of sanpaper do I need? Here is a pic.

Ok the other problem is when they stoled the sideskirts when they pulled it out some strong double sided tape was left on the car I took some it off but the rest is a b!tch I tried goo gone and brake fluid and nothing so again my fathers friend he did alittle with the heat gun and he was took off paint and made it worst, and the sides had ribbets but the were pulled off anf it left holes in both sides of the ca at least like 13 holes and now the holes are getting rusted... What should I do? Can I sand the spot were the tape was left and put bondo on the holes? I need help I hate the way it looks Heres a pic of that also........ Sorry the I did'nt take closer pics these pics were taken during the summer... I will take closer pics tomorrow but I hope this can do justice for now, thanks.

Old 01-03-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
colourwolf will become famous soon enough
Re: What To Use On My Rear Bumper AND MY SIDE??

That's sucks ......sorry to hear that man....not a good way to start a new year.......some body helps this guy plz
Old 01-03-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

well, if there is still glue from the double sided tape still on the car, i would use denatured alcohol...it may take a little rubbing (not too much pressure) but that should get the glue off.

and why did you have your dad's friend try the heat gun on the sides after he messed up the back?!?
Old 01-03-2008
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

my guess is yes wet sand the whole thing back down, and spackle/bondo the holes. Then sand it down again. 1st time use a lower grit as to get all the crap off, then after the holes are bondo'ed use a higher grit and smooth everything out. Now this is gonna leave your paint kinda eww on the lower half, but hey at least u got the holes fixed and the double sided tape off. THen the rest is up to you.... repaint, new lip kit... etc.

Sorry about the car man, i hate thieves with a passion

edit: Y did it have to happen to a clover green.... gah
Old 01-03-2008
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

sorry for your lost i guess the best bet is to jus to try and cover the sides with diff sides.. and the back i would say jus replace it.. if you have the money..

yea i guess wet sand your back bumper with 2000grid or even a 1000grid
try and guess gloo gone might help take of the glue on the back bumper since your going to plan to sand it down ne ways
Old 01-03-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

goo gone, or get whats called a pin stripe remover, it inserts into a drill and works great for removing adhesives and pinstripes, its what i use at work for removing the glue behind emblems

http://www.brandsonsale.com/ht-001980.html just attatch to a drill and there u go, easy, fast removal, and no damage
Old 01-03-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

wow this really sucks now im scared somebody's gonna steal my lip kit. I Wen i put my lip kit on i just used 3m ultra auto adhesive tape and in the winter i took the lips off (front and back) and i just took the heat gun on low and slowly peeled it away and the tape came rite off. I would reccomend sanding down all the metal thats bad and bondo over the holes. U got no other choice and sand down where the glue was if thats ur ONLY other option. I would reccomend getting a sanding block. Its way easier for removing crap like that than using paper. Im talkin about its kinda like a sponge only sandpapery.
Old 01-04-2008

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all

colourwolf: I know man it sucks, thanks.

manahoonie: He did when I was'nt there lol

LT2004ever: I'll try I'm thinking of getting a oem kit not sure yet.

popee: So I can use the 1000grid first then used the 2000grid on top and wet sand with both? I never dont nothing like this b4 lol...

green01civic4d: Yeah Imma try that first and if it does'nt work I guess I will sand it down.

jamis33: Nah you dont gotta worry where I live **** like this happens to everyone not just me.... Yeah I'm going to try to sand it down hopefully I wont mess up this is my first time doing this kinda work lol.
Old 01-04-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

goo gone
Old 01-04-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I used a steam cleaner to get rid of the adhesive on my car from when I debadged the back. Weather or not you have access to this I dont know- but it is really great. I suppose you could make one with a tube connected to a pot of boiling water.

You know your going to need a new paint job for the majority of the car, or have them feather it in. Or maybe go two toned or something if thas you.

I would use a steamer to get rid of the adhesive... as for the pulled paint, I'd sand it downstarting with maybe 750 or so, and work your way up to as high as you can find... I have 2,500 and 3,000. But at grits that high, a liquid polish would do the same thing. As for the holes, I've never had to mess with that but I dont think I'd use bondo for them kuz I wouldnt want to see them crack down the road and shii like that. You might end up using body filler, but I'd still look around. Then prime and paint.

If your thinking of getting another kit, maybe it will cover up whats already messed up and will cut down on the amount of work you have to do. But def take care of the rusting right away.
Old 01-04-2008

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

o heres another idea don't use goo gone theres this stuff that works even better its called goof off and its the same as painter's pal made by the goo gone people. That stuff will take off anything sticky but its great because it doesn't remove paint ONCE ITS DRY. And definantly pick up a sanding block theyre only a few dollars at walmart or wherever. Another option that i can't believe nobody has said is get another lip kit even if its just a crappy abs one. it would cover up the back and sides u got no choice but to sand down the rust, bondo holes but then i'd cover with another set.
Old 01-04-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

dude, goof off will strip paint off of anything, quickly, i use it to strip metal doors at work sometimes, the wheel i mentioned is designed specifically for this, and use it at work all the time, beleive me its godsent
Old 01-04-2008

ok i'll remember that i usually use painters pal cuz it doesn't take paint off unless its wet. i love it. my mom told me it was the same as goof off but i like it better and green01civic4d i wish i could help you with ur ecu problem but mine is for an lx. If you need it immediately I can sell mine to you really really cheap till you can get an ex one or you can use it as an excuse to get a vafcII or afc neo
Old 01-04-2008
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

I would probably wet sand with a 1000 grid then wet sand again with 2000.
It should be fine, you might ruin the plastic bumper if you use anything under 1000.

goodluck
Old 01-04-2008
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

To remove the adhesive, I would recommend using something that is a blend of petroleum solvents. Try 3M adhesive remover, it works really good on tar that sticks on our car.
Old 01-04-2008
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

brake fluid was the worst thing you can ever use, it takes off the clear coat so that was a very bad idea
Old 01-05-2008
Registered!!

mazdakiril is an unknown quantity at this point

i just wanna know how they ripped it from the ribbets,
Old 01-05-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

the tusnami kit will take care of u well...and it iwll cover ur ugly spots
Old 01-06-2008

Iight I did the rear a little today I hope I did a good job cause I never done this before lol.... My firend told me to dip the whole sandpaper in a bucket of water and take it out and rub it on the on the bumper, I did the 1000grid and 2000grid like you guys told me. Tomorrow I will take pics I hope I did it rite I just used one of each.
Old 01-06-2008
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

if you go oem, theres a cheap place on ebay for use clover greens