Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

little by little!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uruguayanboy will become famous soon enoughuruguayanboy will become famous soon enough
Re: little by little!!!

ok... i decided after reading all of your comments that im going to drop my car with teins (1.3 1.4) and see what it looks like! and of course tint my windows!!! but i still have the feeling that its gonna rub everywhere... these are the tains im planning to get... wut do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN-...QQcmdZViewItem

hey will i need chamber kit right away? before alignment?

Last edited by uruguayanboy; 11-15-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-15-2007
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

Here's a stupid question... are you sure you put your wheels on correctly? What I mean is, you tighten the lugnuts diagonal from each other slowly right? Maybe that's why your car trembles and stuff.
Old 11-15-2007
Registered!!

uruguayanboy will become famous soon enoughuruguayanboy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by armieo
Here's a stupid question... are you sure you put your wheels on correctly? What I mean is, you tighten the lugnuts diagonal from each other slowly right? Maybe that's why your car trembles and stuff.
yeah after they did it the first time i took it back the next day to rebalance all the tires, after that i cheked one by one myself... i think its probably the fact that i haven't done alignment to it! lets see after alignment haw it comes out...
Old 11-15-2007
Registered!!

by the way... where did you get your fr and bk lips.. are they jdm?
Old 11-15-2007
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

lol they're not jdm. wings west g5 lip kit all around man. i'm thinking about selling the front lip.
Old 11-15-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by armieo
lol they're not jdm. wings west g5 lip kit all around man. i'm thinking about selling the front lip.
OH! . where can i get good economic ones??? ebay dont carry good lips!!
Old 11-15-2007
< My future wife.

In all honesty, just buy em used from a guy with a red car. That way you won't have to deal with paint.
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

kuNhoHan will become famous soon enough

did you look into hub centric rings??? ... those are pretty big wheels and if you dont have them then your wheels would feel wobbly
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by kuNhoHan
did you look into hub centric rings??? ... those are pretty big wheels and if you dont have them then your wheels would feel wobbly
i have them on all four wheels but one thing im concerned about is that their "plastic" i dont know either if that's the couse of my vibration...
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by uruguayanboy
i have them on all four wheels but one thing im concerned about is that their "plastic" i dont know either if that's the couse of my vibration...
that is normal for them to be plastic.

Your going to rub like an SOB with a 1.3-1.4" drop. its going to settle and be lower. i dont know why you dont listen to people that have the experience rather than someone with none . your choice but your not going to like the way it rides or drives with such a low drop. it will look great but its going to be a SOB to deal with. the prokits are supposed to be a .8" drop and settle to around 1-1.2". those teins will end up being about a 1.7-1.8" drop total. especially with stock shocks. you WILL rub gauranteed even if you shave the lips and you also wont be able to run a camber kit in the rear because the tires will have to tuck into the fender on bump travel.

i have changed my suspension 3 times already. its not cheap.
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by familycar
that is normal for them to be plastic.

Your going to rub like an SOB with a 1.3-1.4" drop. its going to settle and be lower. i dont know why you dont listen to people that have the experience rather than someone with none . your choice but your not going to like the way it rides or drives with such a low drop. it will look great but its going to be a SOB to deal with. the prokits are supposed to be a .8" drop and settle to around 1-1.2". those teins will end up being about a 1.7-1.8" drop total. especially with stock shocks. you WILL rub gauranteed even if you shave the lips and you also wont be able to run a camber kit in the rear because the tires will have to tuck into the fender on bump travel.

i have changed my suspension 3 times already. its not cheap.
#1. i know its not cheap (tell ME about it)
#2. look what it says about prokit's drop does it says 1" drop or 1.3" drop??? that's what im looking at so with the settle it'll be the same as tains! "http://www.truehonda.com/inventory.php?action=productdetail&id=21

#3. i want to go as low as i can with my huge tires and i think prokits leave too much wheel gap.

honest to god, i have no experience at all with suspension, that's why i opened this forum. i apreciate yours and all of everybodies information and i do listen but im looking for something to get me lower than prokits! i know you have experience, you even have my same wheel size. im not trying to waste nobodies time anwsering my questions but i just want to get to the right place and not change my suspension 3 times because i wont like it. u get me?
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all

i completely understand, but with your tire and wheel size you chose you will not be able to have the everyday drivability with a lower drop. the prokits used to claim a .8" drop. i guess they finally realized it settles to 1.0-1.2". anything lower than that and you will eat through tires because you cant have a camber kit or the wheel will hit the fender. you will have to have negative camber in order for the wheel to tuck. also you will lose about 20% of your turning radius due to fender rub.
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

i completely understand, but with your tire and wheel size you chose you will not be able to have the everyday drivability with a lower drop. the prokits used to claim a .8" drop. i guess they finally realized it settles to 1.0-1.2". anything lower than that and you will eat through tires because you cant have a camber kit or the wheel will hit the fender. you will have to have negative camber in order for the wheel to tuck. also you will lose about 20% of your turning radius due to fender rub.
so you say that prokits will let me have camber kit on all 4 tires and keep me turning all the way?
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

so you say that prokits will let me have camber kit on all 4 tires and keep me turning all the way?
you will have slight rub only @ full lock with prokits, i dont even run a camber kit at all and my tires go for 25-30k dependant on brand and model. i have -.4 to -.5* on all 4 wheels. i am on my 2nd set of tires since i got my prokits and have put about 52kmiles and still have plenty of tread left and tire wear is great. I had to purchase the tires in front and rear this time due to funds and when i got rear the set installed after 7k on the front they didnt even want to rotate them because there was barely any wear(goodyear gforce tires). I made them anyway but they didnt need it
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

you will have slight rub only @ full lock with prokits, i dont even run a camber kit at all and my tires go for 25-30k dependant on brand and model. i have -.4 to -.5* on all 4 wheels. i am on my 2nd set of tires since i got my prokits and have put about 52kmiles and still have plenty of tread left and tire wear is great. I had to purchase the tires in front and rear this time due to funds and when i got rear the set installed after 7k on the front they didnt even want to rotate them because there was barely any wear(goodyear gforce tires). I made them anyway but they didnt need it
thanx for the info man...
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

i would hate to see you spend more money than needed, that is why i am so persistant. i would not be offended if youdid not take my advice but if you had problems i would say "i told you so". talk to a few other of the suspension gurus around here like skip barber. you will be told that a camber kit should be used and i am sure i may get a few thousand more miles out of my tire than what i get, but its not enough for me to fiddle with, the wear is great and so is the ride. i remember when i had the progress springs on i would scrape everywhere, and i couldnt even think about running a lip kit of any sort, now with the prokits i can run my cf type r lip with enough ground clearance not to scrape everywhere but also with enough of a drop to get rid of wheel gap and still look sporty.
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

i would hate to see you spend more money than needed, that is why i am so persistant. i would not be offended if youdid not take my advice but if you had problems i would say "i told you so". talk to a few other of the suspension gurus around here like skip barber. you will be told that a camber kit should be used and i am sure i may get a few thousand more miles out of my tire than what i get, but its not enough for me to fiddle with, the wear is great and so is the ride. i remember when i had the progress springs on i would scrape everywhere, and i couldnt even think about running a lip kit of any sort, now with the prokits i can run my cf type r lip with enough ground clearance not to scrape everywhere but also with enough of a drop to get rid of wheel gap and still look sporty.
hey do you think i could go lower if i sell my tires and get lower profile like 35? will the ride be shitty
Old 11-16-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

damn...you should be running 30 or 35 sidewalls... 40 is wayy to big...

im running 45sides on my 16" rims...and you have 18"
Old 11-16-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea man. I usually dont like 18s on civics, and that stays true here, but if you want to keep them, get a lower sidewall tire...35 or so. Yes the ride will suffer, but you are still on a stock suspension which is soft-ish so you wont notice much more than your car pulling left and right like a mother from every imperfection in the road, and you will have a higher chance of bending a rim if you hit something bad enough at a high enough speed...ive done that with 205 40 17s. You gotta make the choice. You can keep your car the way it is (it seems like its going for the look of a donk but not quite there), or you can get smaller tires. Also, take into account that we have little power as it is. By throwing on a big 18" wheel that is heavy as well, you are increasing the rotational mass quite a bit, and it will affect acceleration, speed, mpg, speedo accurancy, etc.etc. You may also (and this is a slim chance) put more wear and tear on your transmission internals from the extra weight they have to turn: remember our transmission is tiny compared to the SUVs where you can get away with 24-26" oversized wheels and weight makes no difference because of the abundance of torque. Thats why I am not a fan of 18s, or 17s even (and i have them). There is a reason why the majority of the Honda scene is now using 15s or 16s. They look good on lowered cars, but are usually light enough so you dont lose too much power, sometimes they are lighter and it actually frees up a few ponies. If you can get good money back, definately sell them and get something smaller, and it will also allow you to go lower with the car without having to do so much excess work...
Old 11-16-2007
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

first thing that jumps to mind when using anything lower then a 40 series is when you hit a pot hole.....thatll slam the rim if hit hard enough.
Even a 40 could possibly damage the rim on a bad pothole, but yea...hmm
Old 11-16-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FGCOUPE
first thing that jumps to mind when using anything lower then a 40 series is when you hit a pot hole.....thatll slam the rim if hit hard enough.
Even a 40 could possibly damage the rim on a bad pothole, but yea...hmm
60mph into 4 inch deep missing road patch FTL!

and here she is in cripple mode

and this was with a 205 40 17...be careful kids
Old 11-17-2007
Registered!!

upss, im sorry that happened, fukin streets are all fuked up now days!! that's what i want to do. But i want to get at least what i spended on rims and tires. i notice A LOT the weight of the tires and i dont like that. their on sale now so lets see. im still getting 17's i wont go lower than that i like big rims but 18 is just too much. how's 17's??? too heavy??? can you feel the difference?
Old 11-17-2007
Technical Assistant

upss, im sorry that happened, fukin streets are all fuked up now days!! that's what i want to do. But i want to get at least what i spended on rims and tires. i notice A LOT the weight of the tires and i dont like that. their on sale now so lets see. im still getting 17's i wont go lower than that i like big rims but 18 is just too much. how's 17's??? too heavy??? can you feel the difference?
Well let me put it this way. Steelies (steel wheels) are quite heavy for what they are. Example, my steel wheels with 185 65 14 tires are 32lbs per corner (my friend's 15" rota slips with 205 50 15 are about 25 i think). My 17s with 205 40 17 are 22.5 for the wheel, and 37 with the tire. The 03 Si wheels are 22.5 without tire, and they are only 15", same weight as my 17". There are a lot of factors in this all, most wheel companies offer weights of their wheels in different sizes and such. Also, diferent tires have a different weight...I am guessing that right now you have 40+lbs per corner, and thats a lot for only having 110lbs torque and 115 horsepower...I dont feel much of a difference between the 5lbs I mean its there but not a crazy improvement when I put the steelies on. only thing that really changes is that the steelies have bad and narrow tires so they spin off the line really easy, torque steer more, and chirp a lot harder. I doubt you can pull off a 1st to 2nd chirp with your current setup, not to be a dick. honestly though, if u want to mod the car for speed, you have the wrong car, so just make it look nice. 15-17 inch look best on our cars i think, 16 is perfect
Old 11-17-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ultimatetuner10
Well let me put it this way. Steelies (steel wheels) are quite heavy for what they are. Example, my steel wheels with 185 65 14 tires are 32lbs per corner (my friend's 15" rota slips with 205 50 15 are about 25 i think). My 17s with 205 40 17 are 22.5 for the wheel, and 37 with the tire. The 03 Si wheels are 22.5 without tire, and they are only 15", same weight as my 17". There are a lot of factors in this all, most wheel companies offer weights of their wheels in different sizes and such. Also, diferent tires have a different weight...I am guessing that right now you have 40+lbs per corner, and thats a lot for only having 110lbs torque and 115 horsepower...I dont feel much of a difference between the 5lbs I mean its there but not a crazy improvement when I put the steelies on. only thing that really changes is that the steelies have bad and narrow tires so they spin off the line really easy, torque steer more, and chirp a lot harder. I doubt you can pull off a 1st to 2nd chirp with your current setup, not to be a dick. honestly though, if u want to mod the car for speed, you have the wrong car, so just make it look nice. 15-17 inch look best on our cars i think, 16 is perfect
you're RIGHTTT wrong car for speed that's sooo truth... i might get 16's or 17's i dont kno yet.... ****kkkkkkkkkkkk this is so fukin complicated one thing brings another and another and shiiiittttttttttt... lol... thanx man..
Old 11-17-2007
Technical Assistant

you're RIGHTTT wrong car for speed that's sooo truth... i might get 16's or 17's i dont kno yet.... ****kkkkkkkkkkkk this is so fukin complicated one thing brings another and another and shiiiittttttttttt... lol... thanx man..
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
requires java runtime environment. the best tire size calculator I have found so far. I think its stickied somewhere too. remember, tire size will change the speedo, acceleration, mpg, odometer accuracy, fuel economy...basically everything I said before. I know wheels and tires to some extent, but I am sure someone else can explain it better than me, and explain WHY this all works the way it does, so I will end my consultation at what I already said.

by the way, I am a wheel *****...this is my 6th set you dont have it that bad...then again you probbably paid more for this set than i did for all of mine combined lol
Old 11-17-2007
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

well....
i have 18's on my civic, but it is funny how one wheel can weigh so much more/less the next.
Good example are the chrome rims i used to have (18") which weighed atleast 30+ lb per corner. The new Klasse 18" rims i now have on the civic weigh somewhere in the 20+ lb per rim. I noticed this when changing them over in the mid summer. I wish i would have gone with 17" rims on 45's and a 2" drop.

oh well....cant win all the time?
Old 11-17-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

The tire calculator is in my sig.
I say go with a light weight 17.
I have the Konig Holes in a 17 X 7.
I am running Nitto Neogens in a 225/45/17.
I love them. A little hard but nothing too bad. The Neogens are also a dual compound tire. The shoulder is harder than the center. This really helps when the tires have camber issues.
Old 11-17-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ Word on the Konig Holes. Pretty lightweight wheel - no idea how much they weigh, but it's not much.

It's the right car for speed, you just have to open your wallet a little wider.
Old 11-17-2007
Technical Assistant

Originally Posted by speedfoos
^^^ Word on the Konig Holes. Pretty lightweight wheel - no idea how much they weigh, but it's not much.

It's the right car for speed, you just have to open your wallet a little wider.
Thats true...I meant that generally it doesnt seem to take mods the same way that older civics did, I dont know what it is, but its annoying
Old 11-17-2007
< My future wife.

Damn so many replies for a set of new wheels. LOL